“Simple and quick ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a couple beers. Burgers are the only thing on the menu and they are delicious.... highly recommend. Limited seating

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place is so unique and delicious!!! I brought my teenagers there but probably wouldn't be best for anyone younger...Best burgers around. Sweet potato fries are delicious and staff was extremely nice.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wow, this was a great hamburger. We stopped at the Deschutes tasting room down the block. They don't serve food so two of our party walked to Jack Brown's to get burgers and bring them back. I'm glad they waited in line because the burgers were awesome. I had the cowboy with a pickle and JB's sauce. Excellent.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a delightful place in the Roanoke City Market Historic District. Roanoke has a done a great job of making this part of the city a place to visit. And, Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint is a great place to enjoy a good meal.
The name says it all! There is a great selection of craft beers to try. Almost all of them are in bottles as this neighborhood burger and beer joint only has about five taps. My wife is a huge Hefeweizen fan thus she chose a Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. I love IPAs, and found a very smooth local one: Parkway Get Bent IPA.
My wife ended up with their cheeseburger with her choice of toppings. Please note that lettuce and tomatoes are 'not' an option! We could not figure that one out, but the missus was still very happy with her choice. Because we had read the reviews that the burgers are not the biggest, I ordered two of their Greg Brady Burgers: topped with house made mac n’ cheese, barbecue sauce, and potato chips. The only disappointment was that we paid full price for both of those burgers despite being told the second burger would be three dollars instead of the full price. We got one order of fries as that is enough for two. The fries comes with some of their wonderful sauce. Since the Belgians and Dutch got me hooked on mayo with my frites, I thoroughly enjoyed Jack's Brown's special sauce with my fries.
The interior is rather small and dark. Think of it as a neighborhood bar and grill. We had a dog with us, and we got lucky. Seating for people with dogs is extremely limited. There are only two bar height tables that seat three people in front of Jack Brown's.
Despite being rung up incorrectly, the service was good and very friendly. Numerous staff came outside to greet our Miniature Australian Shepherd. We felt very welcomed at this downtown restaurant.
Our meal was finished with two fried Oreo cookies. The cookie is encrusted in a dough and fried. The dessert is topped with powder sugar. It was decadent! And, it is certainly different as the chocolate melts under the intense frying heat.
We are planning on making more trips to Roanoke, especially since it is only two hours from our home. And, the next time we are in this Virginia mountain city, we will make sure to stop at Jack Brown's Beer & Burger Joint.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fun atmosphere, open later on Sunday, and quick service! Inside Jack Brown’s is divey but full of character and delicious burgers. JB’s consists of a simple menu of tried and true burger combinations with a few unique twists that are sure to please! I had the Big Lick burger that was a fantastic marriage of hamburger, eggs, and bacon on a surprisingly appropriate set of doughnuts! My wife had the Greg Brady which took your standard cheese burger and threw on some bbq chips and Mac & cheese for good measure. Both were delicious! Also a large selection of brews!