“Expensive, good and skimpy breakfast”

Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 165 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Reston Parkway
Description: Surrounded by the warm feeling of a chic and contemporary atmosphere that encourages conversation, Vinifera is an urban sanctuary in one of America's most renowned suburbs. The unique and sophisticated bistro is a place to have your senses invigorated by every aspect of your visit - from the mouth-watering food to the unforgettable service and welcoming environment. With a focus on seasonal, local and organic ingredients, Executive Chef Bo Palker serves globally-influenced New American cuisine for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. A variety of pintxos (one bites), small plates and entrees are available in the intimate bar & lounge area, illuminated dining room and outdoor patio, featuring custom hand-made Hawaiian fire pits. Sommelier Jason Meringolo flawlessly pairs our inspired dishes with an assortment of over 300 wines by the bottle and 30 selections by the glass poured from an Enomatic system behind the bar. Vinifera is more than just a restaurant – it’s an experience.
Reviewed 7 May 2018

The breakfast was expensive and skimpy. It was good. The server, not the best in the world, just average. Not motivated to serve and earn a nice tip.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I checked-in to The Westin Reston Heights late on a Sunday night - I was hungry and didn't feel like going out to search for some decent food. So I went to Vinifera in the lobby. It was a quiet Sunday night and the restaurant was almost empty. I thought: oh brother, I'm gonna get a third-string cook and third-string service. I was expecting very average food: Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. My dinner was excellent. I ordered a fish dish - now I can't remember the type of fish - but the dish was wonderful. Broccoli -prepared with thin slices of jalapeno and mustard seeds - was fabulous. There was one guy working as waiter and bartender - he was great. Very personable and it was a great evening!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Horrible breakfast buffet, food was very limited what was offered and cold, greasy bacon. Service was lacking, I had to ask for water, never received a refill.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We were at the hotel for a conference and it was getting late so we ate at this hotel restaurant. The service was a bit slow and the portions were small.
Most disappointing were the carrots we ordered as a side which appeared burned. When we asked about them, we were told that’s how the restaurant prepares the carrots. When you’re expecting a simple roasted carrot and get a collection of burned caramelized carrots - it’s disappointing.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Went for an anniversary dinner...not really the best place but it is the quietest restaurant in Reston. We should have just ordered the small plates. We had the tartare, and the pigs wings. Both were outstanding. But the main meals were lacking. My husband had the rabbit. Not quite sure it was rabbit. Copious. But when I reheated the next evening - still did not think it was rabbit. I had fish. It was OK but not great.
Waitress who did the drink/cocktails was fabulous. Waiter who handled dinner was clearly new.
But again, if you want to be able to talk across the table, this is the place to be and stick to small plates and charcuterie and cheese