“Didn't get my food until everyone else in my party had finished their meals”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 166 Restaurants in Reston
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Description: After four years of planning and construction, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant opened in 2005 in Orland Park, a south suburb of Chicago. The concept was unique. We would create a signature menu with a selection of dishes designed to pair perfectly with our own Cooper’s Hawk wines, made in our own private winery. With sophisticated food and exceptional wines, our concept was born.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first time at the place. Went out for lunch with coworkers. Reservation at 11:30am. Almost no one there when we arrived. There were 2 tables of us - separate checks per table. The other table got their food, ate, paid the bill and left to go back to the office. Our table still had no food. Manager came over to apologize for the delay. Finally our food arrives - everyone's but mine. Waiter assures me it's on the way. Disappears. Folks start to eat, finish their meals. Still no meal for me. Our waiter is still MIA. We tried to flag down someone to help, but couldn't get anyone's attention. By the time I got my food, everyone else at my table was finished with their meal. I had the choice of wolfing down my food in 5 minutes while folks reviewed the bill and pulled out money - because we all had to get back to the office as it was now 1:00pm - or transferring it immediately into a carry-out container and eating it at work. A 3rd option, which I didn't choose, would have been to have them all sit there watching me self-consciously eat at a more leisurely pace while the waiter cleared the the table. What a BUMMER of a dining experience.

We expected them to comp my meal or some part of it - nope. Had they done that, I would have tried the place again. Now, no. Even a heart felt apology would have made me a feel a little better. But their indifference made it worse and suggests it will likely happen again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I didn't make a reservation but wanted to take my son out for nice birthday dinner. We arrived on a Tuesday night around 7 and were told that there was a 15-20 minute wait, but that they served a full menu at the bar. We opted to sit there and had a really good dinner! My filet was excellent and my son had the Short Rib Risotto--which was really good! It was a great experience and a really nice place to celebrate a birthday.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Busy place so make a reservation. It’s worth it even if your only choice is an early meal. Brussel sprouts appetizer and bread were excellent. Everyone enjoyed their meal, especially the burgers. The blue cheese burger in particular was good. Perhaps best part was not the food but the service. Melissa (if name was caught correctly) was super friendly, helpful, quick, and kept an eye out for opportunity to truly make our meal memorable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit, impressed and will return. A lot of variety on the menu both in selection and type of experience. Good house wines.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Ate here after a very long day. Didn’t want a full on dinner so ordered a few small plates. Very good food and nice service makes me want to go back for a relaxing complete dinner experience.