All reviewsradford universityroom was cleanfirst floorcollege townpet friendly hotelnice place to stayneeded a place to staybagelsoff the highwaynight's sleepwould stay here againking suitefront desk staffwe've stayedfree breakfastsanfordlq
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This little place that was, don’t look for a fitness center or breakfast since those two items are essentially now none existent. It’s showing it’s age and I’m concerned it’s soon to be closed. It probably would have closed by now if it wasn’t literally minutes from RU. If you need a bed and a shower than that’s what you get. Double check when they are well booked that you get the room type you booked, I booked a double double and had a single king, yup figure the math on that one.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq6099gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Radford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Radford La Quinta Inn. It looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations and this certainly is not what we want for our guests. Our hotel is going through stages of project renovations and the fitness center is one of our rooms that is currently being renovated. Our new equipment that's on order hasn't arrived yet and we do apologize for that. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to help improve our operations. We hope that in your future travels, you'll once again consider La Quinta Inn for your lodging needs.

Safe Travels!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The staff of this hotel keep it deeply clean. I've learned that La Quinta is animal friendly so the fact that it's so well kept takes extra effort. Kudos to you Inn Keepers! The front desk staff is a bit 'green' - needs some training - and they are cordial. The first night our A/C didn't work... that was fixed the next day. Not bad. How it was handled in the moment, needs improvement.
Here's a plug for a place to eat a 4 minute walk up the street - Thai This... made La Quinta's location sweeter. Written while on Bike VA 2018. As for breakfast - that brought the rating down... it's basic basic.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
lq6099gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Radford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thanks for taking the time to rate the Radford La Quinta. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm happy to know that my staff took care of your needs and any concerns you may have had. We take pride in making sure our guests have an enjoyable stay with each visit through cleanliness and guest interaction. We'll use your feedback to improve our operations and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Called ahead to ask about parking my van as I was also towing another car on a dolly. They roped off and reserved a space for me to park. Breakfast was excellent with lots of hot options and fresh. Room was a little small but okay. People at the desk and staff in the halls very polite.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
lq6099gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Radford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Radford La Quinta. Glad to hear that our staff took good care of you and roped you off a parking spot. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future. La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Before I begin let me start by saying that the staff were nice, but situations weren't handled well. When we arrived, our booking info was not correct. The lady informed us that they gave us an upgrade to a king size suite. It was not an upgrade. There clearly was a mistake, but we took the room because it was big enough. The carpet was wet upon arrival due to AC leak...which we were informed happens a lot. We left the room so that the issue could be fixed. After maintenance corrected the problem he placed dirty towels on the floor. The mattress had hair on it. The mattress sunk on us. There was an odor at the hotel. We spoke to the front desk before leaving about the bed sinking on us and we were told that it was probably a board. We were not offered a discount for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences at our Radford La Quinta. I appreciate you talking with me on the phone as well. I’ll use your feedback to continue to provide the best possible stay. I hope that in your travels you’ll once again consider La Quinta Inn as your choice for lodging accommodations.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

This hotel is in a quite small quaint College city. Easily accessible to I81. Staff makes you feel like you are royalty. Greeted upon arrival by a very friendly manager who was genuinely happy to see me.
Each morning she would again great me with warm smile and a cheerful Good Morning. When I inquired about getting extra packets of coffee, she gave them to me cheerfully and was always ready with another supply. The bed was the best I've slept on for many many years. I'm out of space so call and try this Hotel

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
lq6099gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Radford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to make our guests feel special and have that home away from home experience. We are very proud of the way our staff interacts and takes care of our guests. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Thank you again and safe travels!