“Quick breakfast before golf”
Review of Slappy Cakes Maui

Slappy Cakes Maui
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We saw this place the first day we were here but didn’t make it back until 6 days later. This place is real busy, so if you’re in a hurry, go somewhere else. I had chocolate chip macadamia nut pancakes, my wife had the Hawaiian which is buttermilk pancakes with pineapple and whipped cream. The buttermilk mix was a little dry, not fluffy like you would expect, but all in all it was good. Service is slow if you wait for a table get there early. If you go mid morning eat at the bar you won’t wait as long. No pictures sorry

Write a ReviewReviews (1 389)

50 - 54 of 1 389 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We went and had to wait for an hour for us to even get a seat. Because they were so busy the service was slow. The food was average. It would be a good place for the kids but overpriced for the novelty of making your own pancakes. I can do that at home. There are other places to eat breakfast with a better atmosphere. Won't go back.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were bumming around the resort and decided to go out for breakfast. This place has an awesome breakfast and you should try it.

I tried the Hawaiian pancakes and they were delicious. My wife enjoyed the banana bread french toast. The coffee was hot and delicious.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to Slappy Cakes on multiple occasions. It’s a must every time I visit Maui. The wait is usually 30-40 mins however it is well worth it.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Not only entertaining for the kids to make their own pancakes, the batter is actually really good. The chocolate one is a winner especially with cookie bits. I ordered the banana bread French toast which was pretty much just two huge slices of banana bread. Nothing really more to it, but tasty nonetheless. It gets crowded so go early.

Been to Slappy Cakes Maui? Share your experiences!