Review Highlights
Amazing trip with Capt. Dave!!

What an amazing experience with Capt. Dave on a trip to Culebrita Island!! Capt. Dave is... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018
Dave G
via mobile
Highlight of our trip!

My boyfriend and I booked a private trip with Captain Dave when we visited Culebra for a week. He’s... read more

Reviewed 24 July 2018
Jessica F
via mobile

All reviews captain dave tortuga beach ferry tickets great trip flamenco beach boat ride visited culebra snorkeling equipment san juan lighthouse turtles seabourne hike beaches fishing hurricane sunscreen
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Captain Dave of Culebra Bluewater Charters could not be more personable, helpful or gracious. The trip was about 5 hours total and we snorkeled, learned about the efforts to restore the Culebrita Lighthouse, saw the beautiful beaches and ate ceviche that he prepared for us from yellow tail he caught the night before. My first time trying ceviche and it was delicious. He added peppers from his own garden! This is a laid back trip where you can hike to the lighthouse or just snorkel (he provides the gear) or sit on the stunning beaches. Loads of sunscreen (and then add more) recommended.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Captain Dave is your Man!!! He made things so easy going and fun. In fact he was so cool we hung out with him twice in the 1 week we stayed!! Fun boat rides,fishing, snorkeling and just sharing the knowledge of the islands!!!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I booked the trip to Culebra last second and gave captain Dave a call less than a week in advance.To my surprise he sounded very eager to find time in his busy schedule to take us out. When I went to meet him this morning after frequent communication over the conditions I was worried about a cancellation due to the winds (25mph). As we stepped into his boat we were quickly relieved, a 26ft Mako with twin 200hp engines. Sure enough he was quickly able to get us on some fish. However after an hour the wind proved to be to powerful so we transitioned to Culebrita. The beautiful little island offered us the wind protection we needed and phenomenal reefs to explore. Captain Dave and I swam off in search of fish to spear while me family enjoyed endless expanses of colorful reef. As a fisherman I can say Captain Dave knows his stuff and will get you where you need to be and as a family man I can say that he is able to please anyone just looking for a fun day. Overall I recommend this experience to anyone looking for the full island adventure.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

If you are going to Culebra, Dave is the dude you want to meet! Sweet boat, knows the best fishing, knows the best snorkeling (!), knows the best uninhabited beaches, knows the water like the back of his hand, and can make a SICK Painkiller. Lunch is local fish that he caught the day before. All around good vibes... worth every penny and more. Been all over the world snorkeling and to tropical locales, Cuebrela on his boat is world class. PERIOD. Look him up and BOOK (but don't wanna share sort of - it's that good).

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Dave is a solid guy, knows the area very well. We stayed in Culebra for a week, arranged 2 days on the water with Dave. With the tourism just opening after the Hurricanes, Dave was key with staying in touch with updates to confirm the essentials needed on the island for a decent vacation.
The weather can be unpredictable...Dave is able to find goods spots even in windy choppy days to keep it all going right. Enjoyed a great lunch with his latest catch from the day before, lobster and tuna, so fresh. Good times, we will be back next year, BlueWater Charters will be part of our good times again.

1  Thank Jason R