Melia Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
US$235
  • Pool
Iberostar Mojito(Cayo Coco)
US$154
US$130
iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
TRYP Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)
US$149
Cancelon
US$127
HotelsClick
US$89
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Iberostar Daiquiri(Cayo Guillermo)
US$171
US$132
iberostar.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sitio la Guira(Cayo Coco)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
Reviews (2 580)
2 580 results
1 569
1 569
All reviewsgourmet restaurantjean christophelobby baradults only sectionmain buffetlobstersoft openingcollection arearotisserie chickenchurrosoutdoor buffetfoam partya la carte restaurantsthe general managerbeautiful resortrain showerocean front
55 - 60 of 2 580 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Travelled with my husband June 11-18 with Air Canada Vacations. Upon arrival at Hotel which was a pleasant 15 minute ride to the hotel we were asked to fill out registration form. We had booked Ocean view rooms. Were told we were being upgraded to the Collection side of the hotel. We were taken to the separate check in area for the adult section of the hotel and given our room cards along with a complete explanation of what was available to us. We appreciated being in this area as it is very quiet and relaxing. We have absolutely no complaints. Our week was fantastic.

The food in all the a la carte restaurants was just great as was the Gourmet restaurant exclusive to the Collection guests. The General Manager Jean Luc was always around checking on things to ensure that any needs were met. We also met his assistant Jean Batiste as well as the Director of Operations for Fairmont Hotels, Mr. Emmanuel Perot. These three gentlemen were always around and quick to say hello and ask if everything was going well. It was very much appreciated and again made our stay exceptional.

The room was nicely decorated very modern and comfortable to stay in. The staff that worked the restaurants, bars, front desk and concierge were all fantastic to deal with.

The beach bar on the Collection side is maintained by a very pleasant fellow named Buddy. He was a pleasure to talk to and is a true ambassador for the resort as well as Cuba. A real gentleman who is very proud of his heritage and makes everyone feel welcome and at home. The beach was outstanding and luckily for us the week we stayed the weather was perfect.

We met some wonderful people at the resort which also added to the experience. It was truly an exceptional experience for us from start to end.

In closing I would highly recommend this resort. If you prefer a quiet area book the Collection rooms. If you want more action and a faster pace then the family side is the way to go.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank alwayswanttobeaway
Jean-Luc G, Director General at Pullman Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor after your recent sojourn at The Pullman Cayo Coco.

I was delighted to read that you truly enjoyed your Cuban stay with us and that my team took wonderful care of you and that the quality and service of the Hotel played an important role in making it a memorable one.

Your recognition is the best reward for dedicated team. We are most grateful for your recommendation and for your compliments on the service, The Collection, Buddy, room, restaurants and the managers :)

Rest assured that I will transmit your kind comments to the entire team who will certainly be very thrilled of it.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us on your next visit to cuba.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you love queuing then this is the holiday for you!

I’ll start by saying we don’t usually do all inclusive, we like to book a flight, travel around and really experience a country. We booked this on a whim thinking it would be nice for a bit of a change as a one off to sit by the pool or on the beach, have a few cocktails and relax.
We explained to the Thomas cook agent our usual trips and said we needed to be able to go out and eat and didn’t want to be stuck eating the same thing night in and out. So Thomas cook failed to explain everything when we booked - anything for a sale right!

We arrived to the Pullman during a bit of a tropical storm which can’t be helped in the Caribbean and the lobby was flooded, we queued for a while and we got zero welcome, a form thrust at us and a grunty hello. After filling in the form we were pointed roughly in the direction of our room. No assistance at all and after asking a few other holiday makers we finally found the room, with no umbrellas we were drenched by this point. Our was ground floor and the water from the storm had pooled outside our door, and was sleeping under into our room. The wall tiles used as floor tiles in all the hallways were lethal for our toddler and he fell over every time the floor was wet.

There was no hot water and almost zero pressure for the cold water that dribbled out and after a seventeen hour journey door to door all we wanted was a shower.
No one told us where to go to eat or any resort information and there is no in-room guide to anything so when we asked the same girl who checked us in earlier she barked at us like we were stupid. Certainly not a five star welcome.

The cot our child had been given was filthy, he was also given no pillow or sheets and the low sides and height of the actual cot meant he would have been out in seconds with a fall onto tiles, so based on that he had to sleep in our bed every night, not ideal at all.

The food situation is abysmal. The canteen (main restaurant) is like a cattle shed, there is plenty of selection (although the same every night) but the queues for any of the grilled fish or grilled meats is always so long. When you do get food it’s ok but it certainly isn’t anything above two star quality. You spend so long queuing in different queues you actually never eat with your family. They have about three high chairs and if you weren’t first through the doors then you didn’t get one.

Of the so called special restaurants, of which you can visit three a week we were less than impressed. You are assigned days and times and if you want to change you have to queue at the reservations office for ages - when you should be enjoying your trip with your family. I had to change twice because of excursions we booked and in total queued for one and a half hours.

The Italian is just disgusting, how they can even call it Italian I don’t know. Just because you call a bowl of stodgy rice a risotto it doesn’t mean it is one. If the chef has ever seen a risotto I’d be shocked. The staff are rude and have zero customer service skills. They had the cheek to turn away my husband and toddler the first time for wearing smart shorts and shoes. Now I’m all for having a dress code (at the right place albeit) but if you have the cheek to tell someone what they can and can’t wear then make sure your table linen is clean, sitting me at a dirty table shows you have very little standards. Also a dress code should be across the bar, not one rule for the French Canadians and another one for everyone else.

We were advised by some fellow travellers who had stayed here when it first opened that they had extended the hotel to add a considerable amount of rooms but they have not extended or added to the dining spaces and options. Everywhere is always busy and not at all what I expect for the amount of money the holiday cost.

The place is generally unkept. A neighbour took food to their room and three days later the dirty plates were still left in the stairwell, the shells from a crab moving a little further from the plate each night when clearly one of the cats had given it a nibble.

Our 20 month old son fell over glasses in front of our rep and I found a huge chunk next to the pool. There are cigarette ends all over and plastic cups and straws littered around the pool and across the beach. It’s such a shame the beach isn’t kept clean because it should be a honour to live next to such a place. No one seems to care.
The beach is not as beautiful as the ones on Cayo Guillermo but it still would be pretty lovely minus the plastic.
The added touch of emptying the bins onto a little truck while you are sunbathing next to the pool in the midday sun was extra special.

The main stairs to the lobby had a pane of glass missing - which for almost a week was replaced with a piece of plaster board slowly disintegrating in the daily rain.

Pool towels - honestly I’d suggest bringing your own. You literally can’t get your towel changed. After four days of using wet towels we spoke to customer service (about a few other things as well) and they said they’d send someone to our room to change them. We returned about three hours later to find two soggy ones had been removed and two fresh ones left. However they had left one soggy one (from the same pile) and not given us a third clean one. We were a party of three??

As with many other reviews we agree with the very poor service, unless you are Canadian and tip for it. I can label the staff we met who were friendly and helpful on one hand. Sol the pool guy, wriggler in the lobby bar & Denny (we think) from the main restaurant.
You shouldn’t have to struggle to find a helpful staff member - and you shouldn’t have to tip to receive it. I have and always will tip, but I tip based on good service I’ve received, not beforehand in order to actually get any service at all.

I’m not sure if it was time of year or it’s the same all year round but there are two beach bars that close around 5. The only place for a drink in the evening is the main lobby - which is crammed full, overflowing with far more people than seats. Awful entertainment so you can’t hear yourself think let alone hold a conversation. I want to sit by the beach listening to the sound of the ocean - why don’t they utilise the space they have?
Oh and don’t expect to get served anytime soon, so when you do make sure you order a few drinks per person.

I think the hotel has an identity problem, they don’t know what they want to be. You’ve a mixture of families and then Canadians on what I would call an 18-30’s holiday who have paid a lot less than us. The entertainment by the pool is horrendous. Don’t think about relaxing, because the bloody awful double A (annoying ******* as we nicknamed him) won’t shut up. It’s kids games followed by sexy dancing competitions. The drunker the 18-30 revellers are the louder they get. The swim up bar is like a meat market, it’s where the people go to mate. Honestly it’s like something from a David Attenborough documentary.

We’ve traveled a lot and tend to favour Asia where five star means exceptional service and quality so we knew to not expect as much in Cuba. We just expected more than three star facilities and service for the price they charge.

There is definitely not enough shade. As our toddler was on UK time we were up most mornings before five. We’d have a coffee and be at the pool for 7. We were lucky enough most mornings to get some shade but people had been up well before 6 (in the dark using their phone torches) to reserve the beds and we often observed those beds sitting empty all morning and even most of the day. Very unfair to the families who wanted that shade. Apparently the beach was worse, we met people who had given up trying because getting shade was impossible. In anticipation based on the previous reviews we bought a babymoov tent with us. I’d highly recommend this to any families with small ones.

There is a little good though! The open top bus is worth a trip out on. We took it to Playa Pilar - that place is amazing, absolutely stunning.
The view from the lobby is stunning, the sunsets and sunrises from there are something special and worth getting up for each morning.
My husband used the gym daily, he said it was a good gym, good facilities and always quiet (the only thing he didn’t have to queue for)
The pools are big enough, they are in ok condition but need tiles fixing and a little maintenance here and there.

Lennys Lobster shack - see my other review is an absolute gem! The food their is what I wanted from my trip. Fresh, tasty and in a stunning (and quiet) beachside location. Go as many times as you can.

There are much better hotels in Cuba. Pick anywhere but here!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank hmiles1983
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived June 9th at the beauiful lobby of the Pullman and we were greeted by some of the staff with adult refreshments. As this was our 3rd visit to this beautiful resort we were in no rush to check in, but just relax and enjoy the cocktails in the lobby over looking the beautiful view of the resort and the ocean. I am now on Cuban time. When we did check in we were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to the collection area which was a nice touch by management.
Now I could go on and on about how fantastic all the amenities are such as the activities, so much fun,all al a cart restaurants, all of them fantastic, the entertainment, couldn't stop singing and dancing and the beautiful beach!! AWESOME!
I want to focus on the staff and management.
Miri is at the lobby bar and is the most hospitable bartender you will ever meet. She will make you feel like you are in her home. She is a sweetheart!
Omelio at the swim up bar is hilarious. He will always make the perfect Pullman special drink!
The general manager Mr. Jean Luc is the most attentive and friendliest manager I have ever met. He will ensure that your stay at the Pullman is unforgettable. We also had the pleasure of meeting the resident manager Mr. Jean Baptiste and took the time to sit with us and really got to know each other. Very humbling experience.
My ultimate memory was hanging out with Buddy at the beach bar in the collection area. We became very good friends and I got to learn a lot about his family and life in Cuba. As I mentioned it was our 3rd consecutive visit to the Pullman and my wife and I can't wait to go back next year for my 50th birthday thanks to the amazing staff and management. SEE YOU SOON PULLMAN!!
Another quick note if you want a great experience to go to Moron and other sites around the area, hire Pepe! He has a beautiful 56 Chevy, his English is awesome and he is hilarious! Highly recommended. Find him on Facebook. Pepe taxi Cuba.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trikiniki2017
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am still at the hotel. We got an ocean front block24. Great location.
This is my 9th time in cuba and my 4th in Cayo.
I am a little dissapointed at the hotel.
Room
Very spacious and modern. Good bed and very soft and big pillows. The view in front of the ocean is amazing. But the walls are dirty with the stains of dead bugs. The cleaning lady forgot to give us towels to shower we called housekeeping and got the towels after one hour and 10 minutes. Too late for us to shower sincewe had reservation at the italian with 10 minutes left. Front desk did not seem to care all they told me is thati have towels now. She also gives us already started rolls of toilett paper!! Barely 1/4 left on the roll. Yark!!!
Hotel is nice but with a lot of estetic to correct:
Beach towels: we were able to change our towels twice only
Pool is amazing and clean
Buffet: samefood EVERYNIGHT; many choices as far as comparing to other cubain hotels but most of it is cold
A la carte. We only did italian. Same pastas as the buffet
Staff: 1000% amazing...
Waiters: i am at the lobby now; been qwaiting 45minutes for a waiter to come ask us if we want something to drink!!!
Internet: 1 pesos ($1.30can) for an hour and good connection
Would i come back... Maybe but for a lot less then what we paid for..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunglow
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Once again we had a great vacation at Pullman Cayo Coco.
The front desk staff and porters are very welcoming and professional in getting you set up for a great holiday.
The animacion folks are lots of fun and very energetic. Yuris tried teaching us to salsa whenever she had a chance, Pocahontas had such energy and we kept commenting that it must be tough for them to keep it up in the heat.
Twins Knard and Klard once again we were always checking with us to see if we were having a good time it was great to see them now getting more involved in other activities as well.
Lobby servers Niurys, Ricardo and Adiane were extremely attentive and helpful.
It was great to see Naima and Miry now at the lobby bar, they were always greeting us with a smile and checking to see if we needed something.
At the pool bar Orlando, Ignacio and Omelio were an extremely efficient team in serving everyone.
And last but certainly not least, managers Jean-Luc and Jean-Baptiste were excellent and gracious hosts.
We are sure we have missed mentioning someone who contributed to our vacation and for this we must apologize, as everyone was very helpful in making our holiday very special.
We were at this resort in June 2017 and it is amazing they were able to recover from the hurricane as if it never happened, hats off to everyone who worked on the repair.
Please replace the missing awning at the lobby :) !
Thanks again and we will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple