Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (6 690)
6 690 results
2 382
2 490
2 382
2 490
All reviews fish guest services pizza lobby bar a la carte the grill ocean view beautiful beach chicken entertainment staff air canada other resorts beach restaurant nightly entertainment new friends ala carts omelette
Selected filters
8 - 13 of 6 690 reviews
Reviewed 18 October 2021

I came back after a week at Tryp, in early October. October is a bad month with regards to mosquitos and probably this was the only bad thing I can think of. The unexpectedly good things that I found- definitely overshadowed the numerous bites that I got (and that healed one day after landing back in Toronto). I tried three different repellents from local people and nothing worked. This year it was bad because spraying was delayed for a few days. By now, mid October, it should definitely be a lot better.

If you are one of the princesses having sleep headaches if one pea sits under your mattress, then you’ll probably find mosquitos and flies on the untolerable side. Personally, I found them a minor issue at most.

I found the same warm people. Happy to see me again, with tears in their eyes and bringing their best to make my time better. Check in was a breeze and Lobby Bar at its best with premium drinks. One martini there put me down when 3 similar martini’s at any Jack Astor’s in Toronto would barely get me buzzed. The martini’s from Michel, Yainielys’s margaritas, or a Long Island made by Julio or Uberlandis or Naymi or Maylan or any other - would definitely win a prize with any sommelier here. Go ask Naymi for an ice coffee and you will remember her forever.

The a la cartes’s were a hit, except the Cuban menu. I had a lady waiter who barely spoke/understood English. I asked what is the most Cuban app or main dish, and what she could recommend from the menu, and she was barely able to read from the menu sheet and that was not helpful. The food itself was simply outstanding- be it the pizza on Italian night or the carpaccio and the chicken roast on the Mediterranean.

The buffets were done at Beach Bar&Grill (lunch) or Trattoria/Suzhou (breakfast/dinner). The morning smoothies were good, the sunny sides were to my taste and sausages and bacon were a nice complement. Lunch was literally a delish: I had a good experience with bbq fish and the lovely maïs that this island has. For an extra cost, I added a lobster one day and it was perfectly cooked and moist. Sushi was a hit for me, at dinners, I loved it.

The staff- amazing again. Belkis, Margey, Yaidiry and the guys, for breakfast and lunch, and Mayara and her colleagues roam around you at dinner. I personally loved the kindness and skill of Raul, for the lunch barbeques. It is simply rude not to stop and admire the passion that these people put in their work.

Another great value was the team at Punto Nautico. We got a kayak for free as part of the all inclusive package and we purchased a catamaran trip -Daniel took us out to a nearby reef and we snorkled among dorian fishes. All interactions -with kindness and care.

I saw enthusiasm, lots of efforts for staying safe and keeping me safe. Beside the people I already mentioned, there are others behind them, who keep off the spotlights, from the bellman to the gardiners.

Nothing could have been perfect for my stay if it hadn’t been for Ladys quarterback-ing everything. From the minor touch in the room, a thank you note, to flower sprinkles on my dinner table for the Thanksgiving night. She can probably be a wedding planner or a sales manager for any 5-star hotel on the American continent. I noted that there is no language barrier and all my questions were promptly answered.

I asked if there is a special dinner or package that I could purchase, to celebrate our birthdays and for 100 USD we booked what could possibly be the most exquisite and dedicated thing one can think of, at Tryp: a private dinner with your own dedicated chef and waiter. The location and details were kept as a surprise. I suspected it may be on the beach, but -probably given the mosquitos and heat- the staff introduced us to a private room near the bar area. The decor, the idea and the service quality and execution were similar to any exotic Four Seasons hotel. I found it perfect for our event (birthdays), and it could go for any special moment. My first impression was of a small wedding chapel, and it will always remain in my heart as “The Chapel Room”. We had Yainielys as our waiter, and Orestes as chef. Ladys made sure everything was timed spot-on and went smoothly. I found it intimate, romantic, private- white and purple decor with LED lights and a champagne bowl in a corner. Table set with butter and bread in the centre, upscale/high end. I asked my lady to offer her impression on it, and if her posting will read something similar to mine, that means that the staff really got it right.

And that’s something that I like about my experience at Tryp: this feeling that the staff gives me, the feeling of “Show me that you know me”. A personalized smile, if you want. On my birthday, Ladys and Yainielys came to me with a cake, singing.

I have an appetite for seafood and a good steak and the menu on my special night was seafood salad mix, lobster, steak and a special Cuban dessert - a flan that could probably make any famed crème brûlée out there look and taste bland and anonymous.

One thing I noticed was that not everyone seemed educated enough on Covid-19 protocols: I’ve had an instance of other guests touching food or utensils at stations (instead of waiting to be served, like everyone else), and another instance when I felt uncomfortable on how close another patron came to my personal space.

Good bye’s are hard, and we left saying ‘see you soon’, instead. I missed Fis in the buffet areas, I missed seeing more of Steve on the entertainment stage and for everything else that I missed and didn’t know I did so- Ladys and her staff made sure I received them plentifully.

We arrived back in Toronto through a bit chaotic Sunwing experience in Cayo Coco (I always learn something bad that can go worse when I fly them). We left the carry on half full ready for our next trip and we cannot wait.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank toro44
Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

Dear, toro44:

Thank you very much for leaving your comment on the site, it is very important for us the opinion of our customers. Thank you very much for choosing us as your holiday destination once again.

Thank you very much for the recommendation personally and for future clients. Thank you also for acknowledging the work of our staff, especially our bar and restaurant team, Ladys and Yainielys, we will pass on your comments to all of them.

Needless to say that our doors are always open to you, because you are part of this great family that is Tryp Cayo Coco. We look forward to your next visit to this your home from home.

See you next time...

Resident Director

Reviewed 6 October 2021

I travelled solo to the Tryp in September 2021 as a last minute getaway before my school semester started. I had put off travel for obvious reasons, and decided to take the chance. I am so glad I did, because my week was AMAZING.

For anyone concerned about Covid, the Tryp staff follow all protocols (much better than I've seen in Montreal, honestly). Masks are always worn and sanitizer is used everywhere. I felt very safe and confident in all parts of the resort. As well, the tests done upon arrival and before departure were done very professionally. I was impressed with the whole situation.

Now for the vacation itself! My room, in block nine, was lovely, clean, and comfortable, with a nice view off the balcony and out the front door. Mornings were spent doing homework in the lobby bar with endless cappuccinos and a view that can't be compared. Afternoons in the ocean or pool (Go see Ricardo for the 'hydration' at the pool bar!) Evening activities that keep you busy, until it's time to say goodnight to all the new friends you've made so far. (If you can get Julio to sing you won't regret it )

The food was great, both at the buffets and the a la carte. I've never had better cucumbers than at the Tryp! And lunches at the beach restaurant has some of the bluest sky views you could ever ask for.

As a woman traveling alone, I was in the best hands at Tryp. I never once worried about being solo, even after a Pina Colada or three. Everyone that works there checks in to make sure you're doing well, and Customer Service is fantastic.

All in all, it was exactly what I'd hoped, a laid-back week at the beach with the loveliest people in the world. If you need to put yourselves first and do some recombobulating, I would suggest Tryp over anywhere.

Can't wait to come back

Date of stay: September 2021
3  Thank 154laury
Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2021

Hello Laury,

Thank you very much for leaving us your comment, for us it is a pleasure that you enjoyed your stay and our services in general.
Thank you very much for recognizing the work of all our staff, we will send your comment to all of them, especially Julio. You are already part of our big family, so we look forward to your next visit to share new experiences together.
Follow us on our social networks (Facebook and Instagram) so you can keep in touch with us and know what is happening at home.

PS: We will be uploading your video experience next week on our social networks... Thank you very much for that.

Sincerely

Resident Director

Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

From the moment I got here it just reassured me as to why I come back all the time. From Gelly meeting me right when I got off the bus, to William checking in, to the entertainment staff always ensuring we are having a good time and getting involved in all activities. It reminds me why I come back all the time. I want to give a special recognition to Noslen the head of entertainment for always ensuring I am enjoying my stay here at Tryp. The beach is always incredible and always very well maintained. The restaurants and their staff always go above and beyond to ensure everything we ordered is always to our satisfaction. I will never go elsewhere in Cuba. To me, Tryp is my home.

2  Thank Go37843266047
Tryp Cayo Coco Cuba, Director General at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

Hello, Go37843266047:

Thank you very much for leaving us your comment on the site. For our hotel is very important the opinion of our customers, and more if they are regular customers. Thank you for choosing us once again !!!!
Thank you for recognizing the work of all our staff, we will forward your comment to all of them, especially Gely, William and Noslen.

We look forward to a future visit in this your second home to continue sharing experiences...

Reviewed 21 August 2021

We have just come home from a glorious weeks vacation at TRYP Cayo Coco. As usual the staff were outstanding and the atmosphere was perfect. The covid check at the airport was fast and efficient. It is safe here and worth coming back to our TRYP home. There are no worries here. Canadians, show your love to TRYP and their families. We've been coming here for many years and can't wait to go back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello, 238ronaldf:

Thank you very much for leaving your review on the site, it is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. For our hotel is very important the opinion of our customers, and more if they are regular customers. Thank you for choosing us once again !!!!
Thank you for recognizing the work of all our staff, we will forward your comment to all of them. Thank you very much for your personal recommendation and for future customers, follow us on our social networks so you can keep in touch with us.

We look forward to seeing you on a future visit so that together we can continue sharing experiences...

Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

I have been to 8 resorts in Cuba and this is by far the best resort! Excellent management, resourceful and highly empathetic staff. They will go out of their way to ensure that you are more than satisfied. The beaches are pristine, clean and the quality of beach tables and chairs were high quality. The bartenders are fast and will always remember your favorite drinks in the right quantities (just be fair and tip them for their hard work). I usually never fly solo but I did this time due to covid. I will be recommending this resort to all of my friends and family. I can not wait to be back in 6 months!

1  Thank TorontoSimic

Hello, TorontoSimic:

Thank you very much for leaving your review on the site, it is a pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. For our hotel is very important the opinion of our customers.
Thank you very much for your personal recommendation and for future customers, we recommend you to follow us on our social networks so you can keep in touch with us.
Our team welcomes you to this great family that is TRYP CAYO COCO.