Reviews (6 161)
2 068
2 373
2 068
2 373
All reviews quiet pool fish guest services main pool pizza a la carte restaurants lobby bar the grill international restaurant ocean view stir fry beautiful beach chicken air canada entertainment staff beach restaurant other resorts
3 - 8 of 6 161 reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

My trip to TYRP was good. I went a year ago with some friends. I’m not a huge fan of Cuba to begin with and it was actually the best of the 3 resorts in Cuba I’ve been too. We did have a good time while there. Drinks are always available. Always seems to be something going on. Beach was nice.
Resort is getting older and we had a few problems with our room. Hot water didn’t work one day. Front door lock didn’t work for a day.
When we went the resort was maybe 1/4 full which had pros and cons. The pros were I had a great room that I walked right out to the pool, cons were there weren’t a ton of people to meet. I did meet a few great people who I still talk too occasionally. So that was nice.
Food isn’t great but not terrible. Lots of selection but selection is same everyday.
I never got to go to the restaurant which I heard is good.

For the price I think it is a great spot, but if you can afford to spend another $1000 per person on a trip there are nicer places.

Still I think I’d go back if I had friends who wanted to go back.

Place is good if you had kids. Seems to have lots of things for kids and adults to do there.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Taylor S
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Taylor S, we appreciate your comments and we apologize for the incidents that you had in your room and for the variety of food, the Hotel management and the heads of each department are already aware of these incidents which we will be strategizing for your solution and not they repeat themselves. In these momoentos we are giving maintenance to each hotel room to reduce or eliminate these problems. We hope that you are negative elements during your stay do not affect the dicesion of not coming to our hotel, so we hope to see you again enjoy the services of our hotel. Again, we appreciate your comments and we remain at your disposal

Reviewed 13 July 2018

This was my 8th time in Cuba and this was by FAR the worst hotel I ever been.Im gonna cut it short cause my original review of this hotel been rejected by Trip Advisor.(they said I was so harsh which I do not believe so)
Pool side was the only nice thing about this hotel
But by the pool there were 0 to 1 activity a day.Dj was playing always the same music and getting drunk in his cabin
Food was so BAD for even Cuba standarts.Really The head chef sholuldnt be a chef.Worst thing is I see the ingredients they have but I just don't see people who can actually cook.Everything was rushed.en burgers were raw mostly time.

They also do that thing they call outdoor disco which is right next to the rooms which you hear extremely loud music till 2 am and you cant do anything about it.(not to mention there are maybe 5 or 6 people having fun while whole rest of the hotel clients are suffering from the noise and if you try to explain that to someone who works there..well good luck.

Overall You can get way better hotels for the price you will pay for this hotel..NOT RECOMMENDED

Date of stay: February 2018
9  Thank Cenk B
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Cenk B, first of all apologize for the inconveniences that they did not like your visit to our hotel. We have analyzed your comments with the Department of Animation and Kitchen to avoid future inconveniences of this type to customers. We ask our sincere apologies again and we will make things like that in the future not to repeat themselves. Hopefully these inconveniences will not prevent you from staying at our Melia Hotels Internationals chain.
We remain at your disposal

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We went to Cuba and loved every minute of it! The hotel was great value, and we had everything we needed within the complex. Pools were great and the beach was amazing!! The buffet breakfast/dinners were ok, the other restaurants were very good! Our favourite was the beach grill bar by far.

Date of stay: July 2017
4  Thank lc882017
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear lc882017, we want to thank you for your kind message to our hotel. Our goal is that our customers are always satisfied with our services and return again and again to our hotel. All the staff and the hotel management is in function of exceeding your expectations. Thank you again for being with us and we hope to see you in the future. our greetings

Reviewed 23 June 2018

A great all-inclusive package offered by Air Canada and other airlines. The resort is well secured and clean. There is a choice of restaurants you must reserve in advance and their buffet for the three meals is great. I would go back again.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Joseph F
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Jeseph F it is a pleasure for our hotel work team that you have made this comment, this commits us more to give a better service to each client that stays with us. we thank you and our most sincere greetings

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Been to the hotel many times before. Just love it here for a quiet beach vacation.My favorite building is #5 with fantastic views of the ocean. I have walked the beach from one end to the other and Tryp has some of the best parts hands down. Can't wait to return to see all the improvements since the recent hurricane.
see you soon. :-)

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank kwbeachseeker
ManagerTrypCayoCoco, Guest Relations Manager at TRYP Cayo Coco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear kwbeachseeker it is very nice to know that you love our hotel for a quiet vacation and that building 5 is your favorite next to the beach and its amaizing ocean view. The management of the hotel will do the best effort to carry on the improvements planned and so the clients in the future have a better comfort in the hotel. Waiting to see you again after. Best regards