Reviews (3 909)
1 187
1 534
1 187
1 534
All reviews el senador cigar lounge adult pool el malecon fish a la carte restaurants pizza snack bar chicken main pool the grill other resorts fries recommend this resort kids club beautiful beach a ground floor room
331 - 336 of 3 909 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Stay: may 27- June 3rd
You can gather from the title I am in the hotel industry, specifically in Toronto (the airport) and I have years of experience working with many brands.
My attention to small details is extensive and I notice everything.

Overall experience: excellent

Beach: excellent -this property is accessed via walkways through a lagoon to get to the beach. The beach was unbelievable. The best I have seen in Cuba thus far.

Resort: perfect size, I am not fond of large resorts so this resort with 350+ rooms left you with more than enough to do and see daily. 3 a la carte, more than one pool, buffet and excellent beach and pool snack bar. Central buffet, disco, cigar lounge, several bars (which made great drinks)

I really liked the snack bar at the pool - lunch is served to you and gave you an extensive menu.

Food: above average for Cuba. Actually I found it fantastic. Fresh and flavorful. Those who say the food was sub par must be extremely particular because I feel like this resorts selection even in off season was well rounded and perfect for all. We were full the entire time!

Rooms: basic, well kept, clean and friendly. All you really need. Would recommend an update if possible.

Staff: they should call this property the Robertostar (Roberto is on the entertainment team) - he's great, very welcoming, and made us feel like family.
The rest of the staff was attentive and service oriented generally speaking.

Excursions: playa pilar! Definitely worth it for $5 to take a bus (1 hr drive)
The cave, $25 - awesome entertainment and well worth it for a night off the resort.

Overall probably one of the only resorts in Cuba I would go back to!

Enjoy the iberostar mojito it's well worth it.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank andreadi15
Director Genera... I, General Manager at Iberostar Mojito, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the hotel staff, and particularly the manager we would like to thank you for the opportunity you have given us by choosing the IBEROSTAR Mojito. We are pleased to read that you had nice vacations.
We will share with all staff your comment on this positive review, in recognition of have formed part of making you feel like stars during your stay.
We look forward to be able to offer you our hospitality again at our hotel
Best regard

Reviewed 29 May 2016

**We've NEVER done a resort before OR Cuba!! This may be NORMAL as some people actually have given this place 4 or 5 stars which shocks me!!

We got there, the room had ants (all week the room had ants) I got bit by 2 mosquitoes within 5 min of entering the room. The door (and many others we noticed) doesn't close completely; there's gaps for bugs. At night we had to leave all lights off as to try not to attract them. We had to bring in the chairs from our porch to the room to keep all bags off the floor.

The food... oh my gawd the food... we were told it's bland - so we brought spices. Spices can't help. A) there are flies EVERYWHERE! The doors are always open, so flies get in.. and on the food. Many times when walking past the "grilling" section there were flies (alive or dead, take your pick) on the beef, chicken, and fish.. nothing draped over the case of uncooked meat, just a free for all for the flies. While eating - flies everywhere. Flies on the fruit, the eggs, the bread.. FLIES! Sorry, I find this a health and safety concern personally, it just grossed me out. The food also doesn't change much. About 90% of the food is the same daily... every meal.. you can get sheppards pie at breakfast - or dinner .. It was like groundhog day with the food. Nothing looked appetizing (even w/out the flies). - This is the buffet!!

The snack bar - the saving grace!! There IS a menu, you'll be told there isn't, but there is.. Go get it! It's behind the blue counter thing in the middle of the restaurant. You'll be told "no menu. Only Pizza.. or only hamburger. or only ham sandwich..." lies (lol) there's a GREAT menu with wonderful food... we ate nothing but pizza and fries for FIVE days for lunch (omg not doing extra time at the buffet!) until we saw a menu and realized they offered way more than they like to tell you! FILL UP HERE! the buffet at breakfast and dinner is... .... ... !!!! (GREAT tuna sandwiches, and pizza - just not 5 days worth lol - even the burgers weren't half bad.. tastes like a sausage patty burger, different but pretty good!)

"A la Carte" we got 3.. checked the menus.. liked the gourmet, LOVED!!!! the international! Smoked salmon appetizer, lobster bisque, chicken and shrimp with potato.. YUM! (proved they DO know how to cook....) If I could have paid to eat here every dinner I would have! Absolutely INCREDIBLE! Highly recommend the international (although yes the Gourmet was good too, and we didn't try the Italian so I have no opinions on it personally, but a family of 5 we met there did it twice they loved it so much, so I'm guessing still great quality)

The beach and the pool are WONDERFUL! If not for them I'd be giving a 1 star review... The beach - TONS of reefs and fish, so much to see.. The pool felt SO good, the weather was so hot we'd spend hours in the pool and not even notice lol.

The staff is nice and polite.

The water from the bars and at the restaurants is filtered really well, we didn't get sick at all (I was worried I have a very bad stomach for "other" water (even 30 min from home across the US border I get sick when the rest of my family is fine) You do get a large bottle per day as well, but don't be afraid of the restaurant or bar water - just brush teeth w the bottle of water is my suggestion..

Helpful hints:
* Bring Peanut butter and Ketchup (if you like them..) no PB, and the ketchup has an after taste (we brought both as we were given a heads up)
* nowhere does it say "3CUC deposit for non-motorized water equipment" until you get there.. it's not a scam, you do get it back, but we walked down there without $ (all inclusive, why "ask" to have $ stolen..) and then the kids couldn't snorkel.. was a let down (we went back the next day w the $)
* There are "small" excursions right where you get the snorkling stuff.. it's not Iberostar run, but it's there. 20 CUC per person, glass bottom boat, or sail boat.. here's the thing.. I didn't know this, the guy offered the GBB (we weren't interested) they said cheaper is the sailboat 10CUC adult, 5CUC for kids... I thought that WAS the price.. came back the next day he said NO! 20CUC!! so clearly it was a 1 time offer.. take $ down w you.. maybe you can get a cheaper ride.. I wasn't now paying 20 when he offered 10 so we left. for YOU it may pay off if you have the money with you though
* walk out the gates, turn LEFT - ROCARENA (just wrote a review on it) INCREDIBLE!! High ropes course, FABULOUS! Go on a day you have nothing
* walk out the gates turn RIGHT head to the market (blue roof, on your left) great buys, MUCH BETTER PRICING THAN THE RESORT! Resort 20CUC for Hawaiin Tropic aloe (that we pay about $6CDN for! at the market it's 13 and 17 CUC.. still better than 20 ($35CDN!)
* The MARKET you can take out money - NEED YOUR PASSPORT
* The resort charges a "convenience fee" to exchange your $ into CUC ($75 CDN should be $59 CUC when I was there.. I got $51... didn't realize I was getting cut short until exchanged almost $200 CDN...) exchange at the airport, or at the market if you can't do before you go
* on the weekends the locals come in to the resort to swim and relax and cool off, so be aware the resort gets REALLY full (or at least for us) on the weekends but then on weekdays there's room to breathe.
*the beds are springs! If you have room to pack a blanket or something to sleep ON it may help save your back and hips..
* the pillows are flat and half-pillows (you'll know what that means when you see them) if you can fit a pillow in your suitcase you may want to
* bring ant traps! Worst case you wasted $2 at the dollarstore.. Best case you need them and have them.
*there's no chocolate!! yep this was a problem (lol) even when it said chocolate there wasn't/it wasn't.. Bring brownies, rice krispie treats, pringles (OH! pringles in the store are like $20CDN!) anything boxed you can bring - bring.. you'll want snacks.
* we did the Speed boat excursion. I can't find it on tripadvisor to do a review but it was FABULOUS! You drive speedboats to an area to snorkel for a bit (lots of fish and lobsters!) and then speedboat back... WORTH THE MONEY for sure!

This trip made me cry for 2 days; I could not believe I wasted so much money on a horrible room and awful food! Not sure if all of Cuba is like this, but I don't think we'll do a resort again for a LONG time incase this is how they all are.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Begacs
Director Genera... I, General Manager at Iberostar Mojito, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Dear guest,
on behalf of all the staff and particularly the manager, we want to thank you for choosing IBEROSTAR Mojito hotel for your holidays and for taking time to write a review about your experience.
We regret to acknowledge that our beach and excellent service did not make you feel as “a Star” as we aim in Iberostar Hotels and Resorts in all of our more than one hundreds hotels worldwide. Our Management team extends our apologies for any and all inconveniences that you might have encountered. We have taken good notes from your feedback and forwarded to the corresponding departmental heads to evaluate their performance and deliver the level of service expected by our valuable costumers.

We truly regret not having achieved our goal IBEROSTAR: ensure you unforgettable holidays in the most positive way of the sentence. We extend our apologies for the breakdown in our service. We will do our utmost not to have a reoccurrence of the situation mentioned.

We invite you to visit us once again so our staff can show you the way we really care about our “Stars”, please feel free contact us to assist you before your next visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

AT YOUR OWN RISK.

The GOOD, the beach was beautiful, the entertainment staff especially Danger and Yami were always upbeat and kept the resort fun, Emma Perez at reception was amazing and accommodating. Orlandito the repairman was the best but sad when your repairman was such a crucial part of your trip.

The BAD and the WORSE

The room on night one had no working fridge or toilet or shower, I was however moved to another room. The food was horrible, we expect all inclusives that everyday its the same things but this was another level of bad to the point where there was rocks in the rice ya rocks and when presented to the head chef his response was the hotel selection was not the best and still serves this to the guests. The upkeep of the resort was deplorable.

I WAS ASSAULTED AND THREATENED BY ANOTHER GUEST AT THE RESORT IN FRONT OF STAFF AND WHEN ASKED TO HAVE THE GUEST REMOVED FROM THE HOTEL IT WAS REFUSED, I EVEN ASKED FOR CHARGES TO BE MADE AND THAT WAS ALSO REFUSED BY THE HOTEL. I THEN ASKED TO BE SENT TO ANOTHER HOTEL AT A LESSER STAR JUST TO NOT BE AFRAID OR UNCOMFORTABLE FOR THE LAST DAY OF MY STAY AND T HAT WAS REFUSED AS WELL BY THE HOTEL AND MY REPRESENTATIVE COMPANY HOLA SUN.

I WOULDN'T GO BACK FOR FREE. SO MY ADVICE IS WHEN THE PRICE YOU SEE IF MUCH LOWER THEN ALL OTHER SURROUNDING RESORT THERE IS A REASON WHY. GOOD LUCK IF SOMEHOW YOU CHOOSE THIS RESORT.

7  Thank sabbaba8484

Dear guest,

We would like to clarify though that IBEROSTAR as a hotel chain is concerned to listen to the voice of our customers through internet and dedicated an especial staff to track feedbacks and deliver them to the corresponding Managers by destination and rectify those areas in which we need to work.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

We stayed at this place two other times it was great in October 2015 it was horrible the worst food we ever had the mosquitos ate bit my wife really bad they sprayed the place but not enough tried to talk to management it's to bad because we have some friends there not going back anytime soon

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Norbert U

Dear Guest,
We want to apologize with you for any disadvantages found during your stay in our hotel IBEROSTAR Mojitos; Our interest is get all the clients enjoy a great excellent stay in the resort, we really so sorry to know it wasn’t happen to you.

We are on an island in the Caribbean and is for that reason that there are mosquitoes. It is fumigated twice daily and we advises customers to use insect repellents. We're sorry you did not enjoy your well deserved vacation.

With regards,
On line Reputation Manager.

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Where do I even start. I spent a week here with my family in early May and it was excellent. The beach is a straight 10/10. Crystal clear water with a few sections of coral here and there that you can actually snorkel and feed a few fish. There is a snack bar and a bar right on the beach. Not a whole lot of shade but the gazebo type structures were excellent if you wake up early enough to get one. There's even guys there all day to help move the chairs for you and wipe of the sand. The only caveat is the tide can sometimes get very high leaving almost no beach. Next the food, amazing. Especially considering it's Cuba, I wasn't expecting much but as long as your not a terribly picky eater you will always find something you like at the buffet. Ironically the buffet was better than the restaurants 2/3 times we went. We heard from a couple who had been there many times that they send their chefs to Spain to train, and I believe it, the food was great. The rooms were OK but that's about all that's worth mentioning about them. My recommendation would be to go to this resort during the off season, when it's not too busy because a few times on the weekend it was rather full and had to wait in lines at the buffet.Overall give this place 9/10 and would not hesitate to return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Philip E

Dear guest,
On behalf of the hotel staff & especially the manager we would like to thank for this short review in which we can notice the phrase “excellent in Cuba”, we are more than happy to know you have enjoyed all our services at the resort.
We hope you keep your promise to come back in a heartbeat & please feel free to contact us prior your next visit.

Thanks once more