“Poor service but good food.”
Review of The Cricketers

The Cricketers
Ranked #15 of 225 Restaurants in Woking
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Here at The Cricketers, we pride ourselves on delivering fantastic food with great friendly service. Our delicious menu offers light bites through to full 3 course slap-up meals. We guarantee Perfect Pints and a great wine list from around the world. With gorgeous views overlooking Horsell Common, and beautifully kept gardens, we're worth a visit all year round. We're great fo functions too with a separate area for private parties and an outside garden room with private bar.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Pros:
Great food, lovely atmosphere, Friendly staff (when you can find one).

Cons:
Wait times are shocking.

Went to the cricketers for my birthday. England game was on so it was quiet inside. Great meal with my girlfriend and mum. We all really enjoyed the food. So much so we wanted a desert.
Sadly after having been given the menu and made our selection we couldnt find any one to take our order. 30 minutes later we managed to flag down a member of staff and just asked for the bill. Having explained the situation there was no apology for the wait or even real acknowledgement of the lack of service.
It was a little disapointing really and quite anti climicatic to what was a great evening.

Barons D, Customer Relations Manager at The Cricketers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Chris, I am so sorry to read about this very disappointing visit to The Cricketers, this is certainly not the customer experience we aim for and as such I would really appreciate the chance to discuss the matter with you personally. Would you be able to please email me a contact telephone number so that I can call you at your convenience? Please email me at: debbie.eke@baronspubs.com
Many thanks in anticipation, I do hope to speak to you soon

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Would give a 3.5 as they did try to resolve issues but no option and think a 3 is fair. Walked to the pub for a meal with my husband. Was very busy when we arrived but ordered our food. Sat for a while and realised had been over an hour. When it got to an hour and 15 mins asked where the food was as we needed to get home. Bar manager was informed and said there was confusion as someone else ordered the same.

At that point in time I highlighted how long we had waited and that we had dogs to get home to. I also asked the next round of drinks to be free which they allowed and that was appreciated however not sure what we would have got to compensate if I hadn’t have been so overt and asked. About 5 mins after asking for our dinner it came out. It was a burger with cheese bacon and sauce. The cheese was so well cooked it must have been under the hot plate for at least half an hour so no idea why it never came out. I would have rather waited an extra 15 mins for a freshly cooked meal. The burgers were over £15 each! The manager did not charge me for a second drink which was appreciated and means we will try again but disappointed that our food was obviously ready for some time before coming out and must have been sitting under a hot plate for at least 30 mins for the cheese to be like that. We would have rather waited a further 15 mins for a fresh meal given the burgers were £15 each. I left most of it and the photos show how well done the cheese was. The burger was over cooked too and very dry but can’t see in photos!
The prompt response and free drinks were much appreciated but the rating would have been a 4 if only they had made us a fresh meal!

Hi Natalie, many thanks for your review and feedback. I'm so sorry to hear how disappointing your burgers were and about the long waits you endured on this occasion. This is obviously not the dining experience we aim for and as such I would really like to speak to you personally both to apologise and to find out more. Please can you email me your contact number and I will call you at your convenience? My email address is: debbie.eke@baronspubs.com
Many thanks in anticipation, I do hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We were visiting the area due to family funeral and friends booked us to have lunch before the funeral.
Friendly staff took us to a cubicle table and we order wine and beer. Then ordered our starters, main dishes. 2 of us had chicken salad dishes which were ok but the men had fish and chips which on seeing wished at first I’d made a mistake in ordering.
But my husbands fish was great looking but once inside it was ‘wet’ and cold.and the other wasn’t much better..
Unfortunately due to the reason we were there in the first place, we didn’t want to say/ complain but we had driven from Derbyshire early morning and had to drive back that evening so that we so disappointing.
Our daughter on the other hand enjoyed her meal of sizzling fajitas. So mixed bag really.

Barons D, General Manager at The Cricketers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear about this mixed bag of dining experiences - certainly not what we aim for, nor up to our usual high standards. I will raise the issues in your review with our kitchen team at the pub to hopefully avoid a repeat and hope that you will give us another try next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Ever popular. Good value. Service is always good. Food better than your standard pub fayre.

Can be very busy on a Sunday, but just shows how popular this pub is. Lovely location. Back garden a little crowded with so many tables. Lots of children.

Hi David, thanks for your feedback. The fab play area in our back garden is very popular with families and children but our gorgeous front garden, overlooking Horsell Common, is ideal for a more adult eating and drinking experience.Hope to see you again soon :0)

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Phone booking was easy and our table was laid and waiting for us upon arrival. This is a food biased pub with the principal beers on tap being Spitfire and Whitstable Bay, the latter being the better pint, although not in the blonde version, which is a little too scenty for my taste. The menu provides plenty of choice and the food is Beefeater style, but a cut above that in quality..

It was busy this evening and the service was only so-so. There was a mix up with the starters, however the problem was rectified quickly and without drama. Mains were adequate, although not all served simultaneously, which was annoying.

The evening passed pleasantly enough and we enjoyed our visit apart from being ushered out of the premises well before 11pm, presumably because the staff wanted to get home - not a great reflection on an establishment supposedly offering hospitality to its guests!

Barons D, Customer Relations Manager at The Cricketers, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Many thanks for your review and feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your evening ended somewhat abruptly, this is not the experience we aim for and as such I would really like to find out more. Please can you email me your contact number and I will call you at your convenience? My email address is: debbie.eke@baronspubs.com
Many thanks in anticipation, I hope to hear from you soon.