“Fantastic”

Mayfield Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Westerham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Family run, British Horse Society approved horse riding school and livery yard. Individual and small group riding lessons for both adults and children (from age 4). Hats and body protectors provided and all teachers BHS qualified. Always a warm & friendly welcome! Please telephone to check availability before you come. Closed on Wednesdays & Sundays. Open all year round.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I have been riding here for a while and just love it. Tuition is brilliant, staff so welcoming. Best place for riding I’ve found

MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Thank you for your review Lisa. Comments are much appreciated

"structured"
"teacher"
"life"

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Absolutely wonderful staff, great gorses and ponies. My kids love going there. Staff is very friendly and patient. Horses are very good looked after. They provide helmets and jackets. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Probably the friendliest yard I've ever been to, I have ridden all my life and all over the country but have never been somewhere so welcoming, I was even made a cup of tea while I waited for my lesson. Just had a 30 min lesson which was excellent but am hoping to come back and be able to go out for hacks with a friend. Would highly recommend these stables to anyone and will hopefully be back soon .

2  Thank KJtwo
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My children and I have been fortunate enough to receive lessons from top instructors for over 15 years at Mayfield Stables which has lead to many wins at competitive levels in showjumping, happy horses in livery here and a great feeling of belonging. We just walked in for a lesson one day ............ and then all this happened! Whatever you are looking for, you will find it here. As I have said before, it's my secret escape, maybe make it yours too.

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I wrote an excellent review of mayfield previously, and now with the help of Melissa, I’m fortunate to have my own horse stabled there! :-)

In the years since my last review I’ve gone from strength to strength with my riding, with structured lessons focusing on what I need to do to improve my riding and getting really useful feedback from Melissa throughout.

My horse is used on the riding school and I’m always happy to see how she can help teach others the way she teaches me! The horses at mayfield all have fun lives outside the riding school too, competing at dressage, show jumping and cross country regularly. They’re happy horses who enjoy their work, making learning to ride on them really good fun.

Would recommend Mayfield to everyone, from beginners who want a nice safe steed to look after them, to experienced riders who perhaps want to brush up on their skills through some fabulous teaching.