Review Highlights

Reviewed 24 January 2018
KJtwo
London
via mobile

All reviews riding school cross country experienced riders horses teaching melissa tuition jumping lesson bayfield structured teacher brush
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Absolutely wonderful staff, great gorses and ponies. My kids love going there. Staff is very friendly and patient. Horses are very good looked after. They provide helmets and jackets. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Probably the friendliest yard I've ever been to, I have ridden all my life and all over the country but have never been somewhere so welcoming, I was even made a cup of tea while I waited for my lesson. Just had a 30 min lesson which was excellent but am hoping to come back and be able to go out for hacks with a friend. Would highly recommend these stables to anyone and will hopefully be back soon .

Date of experience: January 2018
2  Thank KJtwo
Reviewed 9 November 2017

My children and I have been fortunate enough to receive lessons from top instructors for over 15 years at Mayfield Stables which has lead to many wins at competitive levels in showjumping, happy horses in livery here and a great feeling of belonging. We just walked in for a lesson one day ............ and then all this happened! Whatever you are looking for, you will find it here. As I have said before, it's my secret escape, maybe make it yours too.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I wrote an excellent review of mayfield previously, and now with the help of Melissa, I’m fortunate to have my own horse stabled there! :-)

In the years since my last review I’ve gone from strength to strength with my riding, with structured lessons focusing on what I need to do to improve my riding and getting really useful feedback from Melissa throughout.

My horse is used on the riding school and I’m always happy to see how she can help teach others the way she teaches me! The horses at mayfield all have fun lives outside the riding school too, competing at dressage, show jumping and cross country regularly. They’re happy horses who enjoy their work, making learning to ride on them really good fun.

Would recommend Mayfield to everyone, from beginners who want a nice safe steed to look after them, to experienced riders who perhaps want to brush up on their skills through some fabulous teaching.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Mayfield for at least 10 years. Me and both my daughters have done and learnt so much there. You get by far the best teaching in the area; one to one even in a group, small group lessons only with personal feedback at the end. Riders, ponies and lessons are well thought out for you as a rider, always progressing to the next level. So many opportunities to do more, learn, loan, compete. There is a personal and friendly atmosphere and opportunities to make friends and go to social events. A little place of heaven where dreams come true! Annie Harrington

Date of experience: June 2016
MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Thank you for your kind comments Annie :)