“Fabulous horses and teaching ”

Mayfield Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Westerham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Family run, British Horse Society approved horse riding school and livery yard. Individual and small group riding lessons for both adults and children (from age 4). Hats and body protectors provided and all teachers BHS qualified. Always a warm & friendly welcome! Please telephone to check availability before you come. Closed on Wednesdays & Sundays. Open all year round.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I wrote an excellent review of mayfield previously, and now with the help of Melissa, I’m fortunate to have my own horse stabled there! :-)

In the years since my last review I’ve gone from strength to strength with my riding, with structured lessons focusing on what I need to do to improve my riding and getting really useful feedback from Melissa throughout.

My horse is used on the riding school and I’m always happy to see how she can help teach others the way she teaches me! The horses at mayfield all have fun lives outside the riding school too, competing at dressage, show jumping and cross country regularly. They’re happy horses who enjoy their work, making learning to ride on them really good fun.

Would recommend Mayfield to everyone, from beginners who want a nice safe steed to look after them, to experienced riders who perhaps want to brush up on their skills through some fabulous teaching.

All reviews
"structured"
"teacher"
"life"

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I have been going to Mayfield for at least 10 years. Me and both my daughters have done and learnt so much there. You get by far the best teaching in the area; one to one even in a group, small group lessons only with personal feedback at the end. Riders, ponies and lessons are well thought out for you as a rider, always progressing to the next level. So many opportunities to do more, learn, loan, compete. There is a personal and friendly atmosphere and opportunities to make friends and go to social events. A little place of heaven where dreams come true! Annie Harrington

MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Thank you for your kind comments Annie :)

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I have been riding at Mayfield for approx 8 years, I have learnt so much both on lessons and formal training days. I had tried other local stables and it was only when I started to ride at Mayfield did I actually learn it's more than just getting on and kicking!! The horses are all stunning and well looked after, most of them go out to compete with their owners or at weekends. The Mayfield riders have won many competitions both individually and as teams. If you want to learn how to ride properly..... Mayfield is the place to go.

MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your review. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

Reviewed 13 April 2016

I started taking my daughter here about a year ago and have been so impressed with every aspect. Everyone is friendly and makes you feel welcome, I love the complimentary tea whilst watching lessons, much appreciated in the winter. The instructors are professional and patient, I've even had a few lessons myself and for the first time am riding without constant fear, something I never thought I'd achieve. Just wish we could go more often. Can't recommend highly enough.

MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Thank you very much for your review. Glad you are enjoying it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2016

My daughter, other half and I are learning to ride here and the tuition is out of this world. Melissa and her team are wonderful, warm and welcoming. The actual stables at Mayfield are beautiful, the horses are all responsive and extremely well cared for. If you are looking for a high quality riding facility, your search is over. There is honestly nowhere quite like it and I've ridden at a number of stables. It has it's own unique charm and for once I feel 100% confident that i will be a competent rider following a course of lessons at Mayfield. You also get to feel more involved in stable life as sometimes we have walked the horses back into the stable, taken off the saddles, given the horses a feed. I would highly recommend anyone who is considering riding either as an adult or a child, to definitely give Mayfield a go. I'm thrilled to have discovered it. It really is a hidden gem.

2  Thank IISuzanneII

Thank you very much for your review. Lovely to hear such positive comments :)