“A hidden sanctuary of happiness and beautiful horses”

Mayfield Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Westerham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Family run, British Horse Society approved horse riding school and livery yard. Individual and small group riding lessons for both adults and children (from age 4). Hats and body protectors provided and all teachers BHS qualified. Always a warm & friendly welcome! Please telephone to check availability before you come. Closed on Wednesdays & Sundays. Open all year round.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

I have been riding at Mayfield for approx 8 years, I have learnt so much both on lessons and formal training days. I had tried other local stables and it was only when I started to ride at Mayfield did I actually learn it's more than just getting on and kicking!! The horses are all stunning and well looked after, most of them go out to compete with their owners or at weekends. The Mayfield riders have won many competitions both individually and as teams. If you want to learn how to ride properly..... Mayfield is the place to go.

Date of experience: May 2016
MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your review. Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

All reviews
"structured"
"teacher"
"brush"

Reviewed 13 April 2016

I started taking my daughter here about a year ago and have been so impressed with every aspect. Everyone is friendly and makes you feel welcome, I love the complimentary tea whilst watching lessons, much appreciated in the winter. The instructors are professional and patient, I've even had a few lessons myself and for the first time am riding without constant fear, something I never thought I'd achieve. Just wish we could go more often. Can't recommend highly enough.

Date of experience: April 2016
MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Thank you very much for your review. Glad you are enjoying it!

Reviewed 4 March 2016

My daughter, other half and I are learning to ride here and the tuition is out of this world. Melissa and her team are wonderful, warm and welcoming. The actual stables at Mayfield are beautiful, the horses are all responsive and extremely well cared for. If you are looking for a high quality riding facility, your search is over. There is honestly nowhere quite like it and I've ridden at a number of stables. It has it's own unique charm and for once I feel 100% confident that i will be a competent rider following a course of lessons at Mayfield. You also get to feel more involved in stable life as sometimes we have walked the horses back into the stable, taken off the saddles, given the horses a feed. I would highly recommend anyone who is considering riding either as an adult or a child, to definitely give Mayfield a go. I'm thrilled to have discovered it. It really is a hidden gem.

Date of experience: March 2016
2  Thank IISuzanneII

Thank you very much for your review. Lovely to hear such positive comments :)

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

I have been riding at mayfield I
For just over 2 months it has been the best few months I've had riding!!!! It isn't like my old stable you get a chance to care for the horse yourself. I couldn't recommend any more it's so amazing!!!

1  Thank HolidayLove11

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate the time you have taken to give this great feedback.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 September 2014 via mobile

I joined mayfield a few years ago having ridden a few times, but never having had lessons. The team here were great, friendly and professional. After a few months I was ready for my first exam and passed with flying colours. I thoroughly enjoyed not just the actual lessons but learning about the horses, grooming and finally being able to go out on a hack with a new level of confidence and enjoyment. I haven't been able to ride for a while due to health problems but as soon as I can I'll be back in the saddle at mayfield.

2  Thank MrsRavioli