“very welcoming for all levels”

Mayfield Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #6 of 15 things to do in Westerham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Family run, British Horse Society approved horse riding school and livery yard. Individual and small group riding lessons for both adults and children (from age 4). Hats and body protectors provided and all teachers BHS qualified. Always a warm & friendly welcome! Please telephone to check availability before you come. Closed on Wednesdays & Sundays. Open all year round.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 April 2016

I started taking my daughter here about a year ago and have been so impressed with every aspect. Everyone is friendly and makes you feel welcome, I love the complimentary tea whilst watching lessons, much appreciated in the winter. The instructors are professional and patient, I've even had a few lessons myself and for the first time am riding without constant fear, something I never thought I'd achieve. Just wish we could go more often. Can't recommend highly enough.

Date of experience: April 2016
MayfieldHorses, Owner at Mayfield Horse Riding Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Thank you very much for your review. Glad you are enjoying it!

All reviews
"structured"
"teacher"
"brush"

Reviewed 4 March 2016

My daughter, other half and I are learning to ride here and the tuition is out of this world. Melissa and her team are wonderful, warm and welcoming. The actual stables at Mayfield are beautiful, the horses are all responsive and extremely well cared for. If you are looking for a high quality riding facility, your search is over. There is honestly nowhere quite like it and I've ridden at a number of stables. It has it's own unique charm and for once I feel 100% confident that i will be a competent rider following a course of lessons at Mayfield. You also get to feel more involved in stable life as sometimes we have walked the horses back into the stable, taken off the saddles, given the horses a feed. I would highly recommend anyone who is considering riding either as an adult or a child, to definitely give Mayfield a go. I'm thrilled to have discovered it. It really is a hidden gem.

Date of experience: March 2016
2  Thank IISuzanneII

Thank you very much for your review. Lovely to hear such positive comments :)

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

I have been riding at mayfield I
For just over 2 months it has been the best few months I've had riding!!!! It isn't like my old stable you get a chance to care for the horse yourself. I couldn't recommend any more it's so amazing!!!

1  Thank HolidayLove11

Thank you very much for your review. We really appreciate the time you have taken to give this great feedback.

Reviewed 13 September 2014 via mobile

I joined mayfield a few years ago having ridden a few times, but never having had lessons. The team here were great, friendly and professional. After a few months I was ready for my first exam and passed with flying colours. I thoroughly enjoyed not just the actual lessons but learning about the horses, grooming and finally being able to go out on a hack with a new level of confidence and enjoyment. I haven't been able to ride for a while due to health problems but as soon as I can I'll be back in the saddle at mayfield.

2  Thank MrsRavioli

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I began riding at Mayfield around five years ago, as a adult that had never ridden and fancied learning something new. I was welcomed by friendly instructors, kind horses and a large cup of tea :-)

I've since gone from strength the strength with consistent and structured lessons. I now loan a horse through Mayfield and have been given the opportunity to take her to local show jumping and cross country competitions, where we both learnt a lot and had a blast at the same time.
The lesson prices at Mayfield may be a little more than other local riding schools, but having tried out others, you get so much more value for money at Mayfield. You don't just follow the horse in front, you ride it, and the horses are responsive too - not your usual riding school plods.

I can't recommend Mayfield enough, for complete novices to experienced riders who maybe want to brush up a little.

Date of experience: December 2013