“Yuk”

John Milne Table Table
Ranked #52 of 331 Restaurants in Rochdale
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Spend time with us for great pub food in a place you'll love. We serve classic dishes with a modern twist - it's the perfect place to get together with familly and friends. The restaurant is named after John Milne, the inventor of the seismograph, who lived nearby. Ideally located close to Ellenroad, the biggest working steam engine in the country, Rochdale Town Hall & Hollingworth Lake, there's plenty to do and the John Milne is frequented by tourists and locals alike. Our long standing team make sure that all of our guests are looked after like family, and with the biggest beer garden in Milnrow and delicious pub food you can see why we're so popular!
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Burger average chips ok. Very overpriced in my opinion for what you get. Decided to get mini pudding with latte. Meant to be a cheese cake it was awful I have better in Morrison cafe. On drive home I was sick everywhere. I'm not saying it was food but I'm not going there again

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Met here first thing this morning for a business meeting.
The toilets (gents) were the most disgusting I’ve ever seen.
Two cubicles. Both full of waste!
One had no loo roll. The other had no loo role and the holder was on the floor with used toilet paper in the sink.
The place opened for breakfast at half six this morning.
You can’t help people being filthy bud how they can be in this date at this time 10am) is beyond me!
Clearly not checked.
Dusgusting. You should be highly embarrassed.

1  Thank andycress001
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal with my mum and little girl.. great choice of "Not the usual Menu" foods so it was nice to see a different menu and taste new find a I've not eaten before..a good choice of desserts as well..staff always friendly in here..place always clean..thanks will be calling here again soon..

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely looking, tidy and clean. A few tables outside just 2 tables us indoors.

Someone behind bar when we arrived didn't acknowledge us, waited a minute or 2 for someone else to walk round corner to take us to a table. Seated us and took drinks order. A few moments later a waitress came, asked I'd we had already ordered drinks. Said yes, left us with the menu to have a look at. She came back and took food order, didn't see anyone again. About the time my husband commented that he hopes there going to a fresh spring for the water (it's taken ages) he started the stop watch.

25 minutes later lady arrived with food, we asked about water. Apolagised and went to get it. Returned with the water and said "sorry. The paper had ran out, there on the house." Perfect response to something that could have been a problem/complaint.

Food was spot on. Hubby had steak and veg, I had the cod prawn and chorizo en papilote. Can not complain at all, food was lovely.

Came to take plates and ask about deserts which we declined, brought bill. Lovely and polite young girl.

First time we've visited, we will definitely come back again.

Check number 7394 said Katie s on menu but the girl who took order and paid bill was not really who saw to us. Lady in cream floral dress did everything else.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Booked a double at short notice, room had only 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel,Courtesy tray not re-stocked after previous use. My wife is not a breakfast person, BUT was refused even a glass of orange juice so i ordered full breakfast and gave her mine.My full English was not best quality with the eggs and hash browns tasting of used oil(inedible). All in all poor value for price considering what you can pay at a lot of cafes.I realise they are providing a convenience but pricing ahat.nd service need addressing. I am a former hotel owner myself and would not sell a service like t