“Nice food but let down by poor Sangria”

The Rake Mediterranean Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 324 Restaurants in Rochdale
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has a lovely ambience. All the dishes we tried were all gorgeous and plentiful. The biggest let down was the sangria, it is the worst i have ever tasted and let the meal down, we had one jug. I think it is Sangria on tap rather than made with a traditional recipe.
Avoid the sangria.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We had heard so much about the Rake prior to our visit, although the food we had was ok, tasty, I was disappointed in the range of tapas dishes. There were too many chorizo dishes. Service was ok, not as friendly as I was expecting.. the interior decor is pleasant
It isn't too expensive, all dishes are reasonably priced, the portions are the right size, three tapas dishes per person is more than adequate. Tapas is our favourite cuisine, we are always looking for new tapas restaurants. The Rake was ok, will we return? Possibly, perhaps not for a while. We had been considering it for a family event in a couple of months, but have now discounted that possibility

Reviewed 12 March 2018

For a tapas restaurant the portion sizes are very generous & the food itself is excellent. My only little gripe was the staff, or the lack of them! I don't know if they were short staffed that particular evening or what, but everything did feel a bit rushed. We tried to have a bit of a chat with one of the waiters but it was literally "here's your food" before they ran off.
Will definitely try it again, but might go mid week when hopefully it will be a bit less manic..

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I’ve been staying and eating here occasionally for the past three years, Mark the owner is one of the nicest people i’ve ever had the pleasure to meet, accommodating in every aspect of the great place.
Always happy with a story to tell....He’s a great human!!!!
Anyway back to the Rake... Food excellent better than that superb, accommodation fantastic.
Mark also brews his own beer another must when you go.
Top place

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I visited The Rake with my partner and two year old daughter. It was early evening and they already had a few tables in. We were shown to our table by a nice young lady and she talked us through the menu. The menu was varied and we wanted all of it, it all sounded so nice. We chose a few dishes and were very happy with them. I especially liked the chorizo in red wine. The decor is cosy and it was nice and warm next to the real wood burning stove. I can't wait to go back.