“Another great meal”

Miller & Carter
Ranked #16 of 91 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Miller & Carter Wilmslow offers expertly cooked premium steaks & grills in a fantastic setting. Whether it's an informal midweek treat, a business lunch, a weekend outing or a family celebration let us introduce you to the best Steakhouse, Bar & Grill in town.You'll find us just off the A34 near to Wilmslow railway station. Just 3 miles away you will find the wonderful views and walks at Alderley Edge.Our Steakhouse, Bar & Grill is famous across Cheshire, attracting people looking for bars and restaurants in Bramhall, Knutsford and Heald Green.We know that the secret of running a classic Steakhouse is to keep it simple. So at Miller & Carter Wilmslow you'll find our Food Menu is packed with expertly cooked grills, our bar has a great Drinks Menu and our friendly staff bring you the whole steakhouse experience in a luxuriously stylish but understated location.Miller & Carter Wilmslow... Experts in Steak
Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Another great meal at MC. Fab service from Sharon thanks. TBone Fillet all superb. Always get a decent meal here no pretence and a warm welcome.

Date of visit: October 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2021

Lanislunches, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Miller & Carter Wilmslow! Sharon is so pleased that she made your meal one to remember as that's what we strive for. Take care for now, and we look forwards to welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a reviewReviews (738)

Reviewed 4 October 2021 via mobile

Great experience. Great service & food. A special Anniversary of 52 years for my parents. We will be back to celebrate again

Date of visit: October 2021
MnCWilmslow, General Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2021

Hi - thank you for the five stars and the fantastic feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to celebrate more special occasions!

Reviewed 4 October 2021

I came with my friend who was visiting from Germany, I came here many years ago but have been since going to the Stockport location as I think the quality is better.

We decided the visit this location as they have a nice garden and the weather was nice, it was around 3:30pm and we went for the steak experience both choosing the Sirloin (went with the recommended Medium Rare).

Both steaks were overcooked, medium rare means pink - zero pink, although they were Uber thin I'd expect any chef in a steak house to be able to adjust their cooking times based of each individual steak. My last experience here had the same overcooked steaks, it's not good enough for the price. Onion loaf was soggy on the inside, the only people who would appreciate these steaks are people who don't mind how they come.

My recommendation - go the Stockport branch, you'd be much better off with the food.

Date of visit: September 2021

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry that you were left disappointed on this occasion and on a previous visit also. Please reach out to me via: wilmslow@millerandcarter.co.uk to discuss this further. Kind regards, Rachael

Reviewed 28 September 2021

Lovely food as always. We are used to Miller & Carter menu, and today did not disappoint! Thank you to Sharon who was a really nice waitress and was also an IT specialist with my telephone! Managed to register my coupon on screen with the problematic wifi!

Date of visit: September 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely 5 star review

Reviewed 24 September 2021 via mobile

This is the third time we have visited the restaurant in Wilmslow.
The visit prior to this one, was also not a great experience. One of our steaks was way overcooked and so had to send it back, meaning I ate my food while my partner waited for his.
Although the waitress was very helpful it still wasn’t the experience we have come to expect from miller and Carter restaurants.
We were offered free deserts but declined as we were actually quite full.
More recently, we decided to give the restaurant another chance. We were given a warm welcome and taken to our table. The restaurant was very quiet which was odd as we were given a table crammed into the corner of a small section which was quite cosy with other guests.

We both ordered the steak experience which included a salad to start. The lettuce had brown patches which were slightly off putting. A simple task I would think to cut out by the chef.
The steaks arrived shortly after, both again were overcooked however the middle sections were a medium which we decided to eat.
The onion loaf was hard, difficult to cut and mushy in the middle. We waited at least 10 minutes for the waiter to come and see how our food was but nobody came I therefore had to go to the bar to ask the waiter if we could get two fresh pieces of the onion loaf. Within a few minutes the two onion loaf is arrived which look like they just come out the microwave as we’re still slightly steaming again this look like it was from the same batch as the ones we’ve just been given. I feel like the chef had not cooked this fresh for the day and it instead used the previous day or days batch’s.

We have frequented a few miller and Carter restaurants within the UK now and this is probably the only location where we have been disappointed with the standard of food. If I’m honest I feel like the chef has been quite lazy, as some of the same issues we had repeated themselves again.

It’s a shame as the service overall was good however the restaurant is being let down by the standard of food which the chef is overall responsible for.

Sadly we won’t be returning to the restaurant in Wilmslow, however we have not given up on the chain completely and will continue to visit miller and Carter restaurants elsewhere.

Date of visit: September 2021
General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2021

Hi Aarons898. I am sorry to hear that your recent experiences with us has fallen short of your expectations. We will take your comments on board and hope that you will give us another chance in the near future.