“Excellent service all the way!”

Miller & Carter Newbury Park
Ranked #30 of 281 Restaurants in Ilford
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our server today was Connie and she is the reason for my return to Miller and Carter. Connie is very courteous and always seems to remember exactly what I want. Her knowledge and choice of cuisine is exceptional! Keep it up Connie!

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Newbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Masum,
Thank you very much for your great review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your service I will also pass on your thanks to Connie.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon
Many Thanks

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The service was so BAD there that I will never go back there again. Me and my friend were standing at the reception desk to be seated about 15 minutes the bartender said “you just have to wait for someone to come” after some time the manager came, he didn’t even apologise he didn’t seem interested at all he took the menus and took us to the table he didn’t even ask if we are happy to be seated there. Then we had to try get attention from waitress where she didn’t pay no attention to our table, we order starters and main course. The starters came after 10 minutes but the main course took about 30 mins to come after we finished our starter. Our waitress bought salad first and not the main course. Some other waitress was walking past so we asked “ if she can find out how long we still have to wait as we been waiting for 20 minutes?” where she relied “I don’t know but I will go and check and I will let you know” SHE NEVER CAME BACK. Then after some time our waitress came with the food she didn’t even apologise or anything she just put the plates on the table and walked off.

I would give this place 1star the service is so bad that I will never go back there again. The management and the staff have to be changed or trained properly.

Very often I go to Miller & Carter in Stanmore there customer service is amazing there. You get seated very fast, the staff is always friendly, the pour the drinks for you, the food comes very fast even when it’s busy.

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Newbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback.
I am very sorry to hear you weren't happy with the experience you had with us.
We will take all your comments on board and hope you see an improvement in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The staff was very polite and always on hand even though it was very busy. Steak was cooked perfectly

Hi Ben,
Thank you for your rating and lovely review.
We hope to see you again soon and get a 5/5 rating next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked through web site very easy was running slightly late received text from automatic group saying will hold table for a further 15 mins all very helpful arrived 3 mins late of original booking so no problem then waited in reception to be meted and greeted this took nearly 10 mins nobody around finally a young gentleman arrived no apology for delay confirmed party details then took 2menus to table and left before we even got to table there was a problem with table very wobbly nobody around to talk to so again went back to reception was told by bartender that he would get someone once again further 5 mins wait same gentleman came back and asked how he could help I explained about the table he knew this previously asked why he didn’t sit us at table and asked us if we were happy with positioning he had no answer I then asked for manager only to find out he was manager I explained that I wasn’t very happy with service no apologies with that in mind we left and won’t be returning

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Newbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Andrew,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us.
We will take your feedback on board and will be speaking to all staff to make sure guests at the host point are acknowledged if the manager is not around.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first trip to Miller and carter and will probably be my last , I had the scallops for starter which were chewy , and they didn’t taste fresh , if I had to bet I would say they were bought in frozen , The potatoes cubes that the Scollops came on were not good they tasted oily , the tempura samphire didn’t taste of anything .
Now on to the steaks , and I say steaks as I had two , the rib eye steak I had was good but not great ,here’s the but the sirloin was a massive disappointment, chewy and not much flavour ,the waitress told me afterwards it’s a new grain fed cut that they have got in , pretty disappointing steaks from a restaurant that is supposed to do great steaks and my sirloin wasn’t seared properly on the outside .

General Manager A, Manager at Miller & Carter Newbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi David,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I do apologise that you weren't happy with the meal you had and am sorry that this wasn't brought to my attention on the day as I would've been happy to rectify this for you.
I do hope to see you again in the future and am sorry once again.
Connie