Review Highlights
Excellent campsite and cafe

I have been to Sumners Pond many times and am using the campsite this month. It has large well... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
markbN835KS
via mobile
Wonderful setting & great food

Went here as a group and had a great time. Lovely views, good food and helpful staff. Definitely... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
hookedcruiser
Horsham, United Kingdom

All reviews shower block village shop lovely spot fishing lake laundry room on site great fishing ribbon lake great weekend overlooking the lake coffee and cake cafe restaurant lovely campsite excellent facilities local pub an evening meal beautiful surroundings
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Booked a table for mother's day lunch at The Cafe by the Lake. 3 of us went and all choose to have a roast dinner, one pork belly, one beef and one lamb shank. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food, plenty of it and nice to have such a variety of vegetables cooked in different ways to your standard roast dinner at most places. Our new favourite place for a roast I think! The only slight criticism I have is that dogs are allowed into the cafe, which I don't really like when I am eating.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

My family wanted to take me out to lunch, to go somewhere the grandchildren could be themselves , nothing too formal and somewhere to go for a walk after lunch. We chose this Cafe. Not having been here before l went with an open mind.
Walking into the cafe, it looked encouraging. Log cabins joined together.
We were shown our table. Gave our drinks order. I had a glass if house white, unfortunately it tasted like vinegar. It was replaced with a Rose`
Our meals were preordered by telephone during the week, we did have to wait for sometime. My husband and myself had ordered 'Pie of the Day' all the food on the plate was hot, but the pie was cold. I had a quiet word with a waitress, it was collected and taken away. I did see one of the waitresses face who touched the bottom of the plate and said to her colleague 'it's hot'. Yes the food was hot the pie was not hot. It was cold in the middle.
When our food was returned , it was not plated so elegantly, but it was hot. The pastry on the pie was very soggy, other than that it was flavoursome. All the other food ordered in the party was quite acceptable.
The desserts we had were rather over priced for the quantity, I felt, for what we had.
A formal apology from a manager would have been good, we only had a slight one from the waitress. Customer care and service could gave been better.
Will l go there again? Maybe to give it another chance, but it will have to better itself.
Thank you anyway. We did have a walk with the children around one lake after, if wet you will need to bring your 'wellies'. Must look good on a sunny day!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Summers park is a lovely place to take in a breath of fresh air and just stroll and have a chat. Went there with a friend we had lunch in the lovely little cafe there.n

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Very good cafe. Situated on the edge of a small village.
Ideal for fishing and exploring the local area.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Superb place to go for good food on a lovely summers day. Good service and good food. Cannot comment on evening menu since we have only visited during the day.