“Always good but a stingy desert”
Review of Toby Carvery

Toby Carvery
Ranked #86 of 173 Restaurants in Enfield
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A very typical Toby. I do enjoy eating here. I am not a fan of fancy sunday roasts, just home made style.

This was the first time Ive ever had pudding and although very lovely. The desert came with half a tiny jug of custard. Maybe 50ml worth - if that and an extra half cost 40p.

Worth looking into Toby Carvery!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Becky W, we regret to hear that your experience with us was not a more positive one.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well don’t have breakfast here they have changed the buffet style and they have one or two things cooked and out then wait 10 mins for eggs then wait again for bacon
The breakfast is cold by the time you sit down
I have found it like this the last two times visited.
I don’t get this problem at other Toby branches
I’ll have to find somewhere new in Enfield when I work there on two days of the week
Advised management and reply it changed now
Well poor Toby you were so good before but gone to rubbish now

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Connor G, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took forever to get our first drink at bar - not a busy time. Waitress for our table was much better.

Very limited selection of vegetables. All of which were dry. Roast potatoes were all mushy. Cauliflower cheese was completely dried up.

I believe that this was all leftovers from the weekend and because the cost is lower they probably think they can justify the lower quality.

Never again!

We are disappointed to learn of your experience here at Toby Carvery Enfield, but will take this opportunity to improve.
I would like to re-assure you that all the veg is cooked fresh every day, under no circumstances to we have anything left from previous days.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

On arrival the waitress at the bar gave a pleasant greeting and told me where to register for parking. I had the carvery priced at £6.99 but was very disappointed with the value for money and the portion size of meat served. I was served with one very small, thin slice of turkey and when I requested another slice I was told it was only one slice per portion. Yet others were having a slice of all the other meats available, which wasn’t my choice.If it had been a Sunday lunchtime and the restaurant was crowded I could understand the restrictions, but this was a Wednesday evening and not busy. The vegetables were luke warm and over cooked. No option of a turkey gravy to accompany the meat choice, only vegetable or beef. On leaving the staff were gathered at a table eating their meals, not something I have encountered at other establishments.
Won’t be hurrying back. Very disappointing experience.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hi.

Sorry you were not happy on your recent visit. If you would like to discuss this with a member of team please give us a call on 0208 367 4290.

Thanks.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Pre-booked by phone for Sunday evening. It was dark, cold, pouring with rain and I saw no sign telling me to register my car inside. I had a baby in car seat with me and shown to a table upstairs even though carrying the baby in car seat.
We were given menus but there was no mention of registering the car with them especially as we were carrying a baby in a car seat it was surely obvious that we had a car outside in their car park.
Just received the penalty parking fine and am so angry like other people leaving feedback and want to know why staff are not advising people and why it is not on the website warning people in advance.
Where exactly are we meant to register the vehicle number?
What percentage of these fines are Toby Carvery receiving?
Would like answers to these questions!!!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Hi.

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear you have received a parking fine for dining with us. I will try to arswer some of your questions on here but please come in and see us and I'm sure we can help with this.

All the team here do try and tell as many people as they can about the parking system as has been noted by many guests, we do this as an added measure to try and avoid these kind of instances but I am sorry if you were missed. it is still important to remember that it is the drivers responsibility to read and follow all of the instructions given within the car park and on all the signage inside.

The signs explaining what is required if you are parking on our premises situated:
7 outside in car park all lit up by flood lights
6 on the entrance and exit doors
1 on the bar
2 on the host point
6 in the toilets.

the parking system has been in place for about 5 months and has been brought in try and control the extensive unwanted use of the car park by people who do not use our facilities. as a company we do not get a single penny of the fine that is issued or paid as this was not the reason for the system it was put in to ensure there was enough parking for our guests and so far it has been a success.

anyone who does receive a fine which they believe to be incorrect can come in to discuss this with any member of management who would be happy to do all we can to resolve it. we have successfully done this for lots of happy guests to date.

I hope this answers some of the questions raised and please either come in to see us or call us on 0208 367 4290.

kind regards