“rip off!”

Chessington Equestrian Centre
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Rude staff, rubbish facilities, zero value for money - AVOID!
If you are planning to initiate your kids in to the joys of horse riding there are plenty of better value options locally.

Date of experience: November 2013
in 2 reviews
"birthday"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We used Chessington Equestrian Centre for our daughters birthday party and we all had a great time. The staff were great and made everything very easy for us. Thoroughly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2013
3  Thank Guy W
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I moved to the area recently and and felt a bit nervous as I hadn't ridden in a few years but the staff and instructors made me feel very welcome and helped calm my nerves! I had a great horse who looked after me and the instructor gave me a lot of confidence- so much so I was cantering by the end of the lesson (which I havn't done in years!). I will definitely be returning!

Date of experience: December 2012
5  Thank Abby1998
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Had a riding lesson with an excellent instructor (Viv) on a super mare called Kyla, will I be coming back, yes.

Date of experience: January 2013
5  Thank hgvman
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I booked my daughters party here and should have picked up the warning signals earlier. No confirmation of booking sent so I had to chase, arrived to a grotty portakabin with staff smoking outside and disorganisation. Luckily the riding element of the party went fairly well but the 'party room' is a dirty, small, unfurnished portakabin with tools in the corner - we asked if we could use the hay barn instead and were told yes. Having put up a couple of birthday banners it looked pretty good & the kids were delighted - only to have the staff constantly asking the kids to move so they could take hay out! Surely leaving us alone for 20 mins wasn't too much to ask but clearly it was. The loo was revolting and I think the kids hands were cleaner prior to using the sink than after! I won't recommend this to anyone and would discourage anyone from using it for a kids pony party - they are not set up for it.

Date of experience: November 2012