All reviews coach house beautiful park main building quiet location nice breakfast buffet hotel rooms are very nice stay free parking old trees hotel is located walk in shower three nights short stay walking distance first floor castle stables
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Nice location in big park wit a pond, historic building for the meetings and special events is impressive, Walking distance to the city center. Hotel rooms are a bit simple but OK. Nice breakfast and very good food for lunch and dinner.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel with terrible experiences experienced there. We got up very early and were told that if we gave up breakfast we would get a refund - a lie!
They said there is air condition in the room - a lie!
We were accused of putting dogs into the room and they charge us- a lie!
The dogs could not get in because there was no air conditioning and the dogs had to sleep in the car.
We were kiked out from the lobby because we wanted to drink wine there.
In the morning, they did not allow me to make coffee in my way out from a coffee I brought from home. And then charged me for breakfast.
In short ... we will never return to this hotel. And for dessert ....we find out letter that they charged us twice.
After we filmed the nightmare check out and the bad treatment we received, they blocked the vehicle and ordered us to delete the video we took. Of course we deleted it but it is still with us.
To be continued..... with the movie

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Nice located on the edge of Leiden. Hotel is situated in nice park. Rooms were very cozy and clean. Room has nice balcony. Staff was helpful. Free WiFi worked fine. Breakfast was good with wide choice of dishes. You can eat breakfast in park. Coffee was very good. They have big parking. Hotel is about 30 min walk form Leiden center. Two disadvantages: very small toilet and very expensive restaurant. This is very good place especially if you travel by car.

Room tip: Rooms with garden view are nicer
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I drove from Schipol Airport after an oversea flight. I booked the hotel because of free parking and free breakfast and was aware that this hotel has no pool what I really like to use after a long flight. I decided anyways to book this hotel without a pool and realized shortly that other things make up for it. The surroundings in the park where so beautiful and really out of the ordinary. The rooms where big and clean. The beds and pillows where very comfortable. I loved the bathroom and separate toilet. The shower was a walk-in-shower with a rainfall shower head in addition to the hand held shower. I loved the services this hotel supplied. The receptionist helped me with finding out certain addresses. Breakfast was excellent. It had a great variety of all the delicious food items you could imagine for breakfast including a self-serving orange press. .

Room tip: All rooms are very quirt. Choose a room on the ground level if you have heavy suitcases to carry. This hotel has no elevators.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2018

This hotel is set in a beautiful park, the hotel was excellent, bedroom and bathroom were large, clean and well stocked with tea/coffee and toiletries. The only downside for us was the lack of choice for dinner, only 3 choices and the menu didn’t change daily, the breakfast though was excellent lots of choice.

Room tip: Room was fine, very good shower.
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel