“Overpriced and overrated”

Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Oss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

The sort of restaurant where the waiters describe the food you’re having as the portions are so small that you might not be able to see or find them.
Very pricy too and a bit of a scam as there’s a special priced menu with wines included but when you order less with wine the price is about double!
And tap water for 10 Euro? It had a special filter according to the waiter.
And worse of all, I had heartburn all night thanks to the food and mostly white wines.
Never again!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

We recently had dinner in this superb restaurant.

We were welcomed by the friendly staff and seated at our table. We had chosen the five course 'menu gastronomique' and kicked off with some excellent amuses. This was followed by a tartare, codfish and smoked eel, Mul with shrimps, mango and couscous, Duck with goose liver and pumpkin and finally babana with chocolate and salted macadamia. All these dishes looked like pictures perfect and tasted heavenly.

From the impressive winelist we chose a wide selection of wines, some also recommended by the maitre. Prices of the wines are by the way quite impressive as well, but we 'managed' to pick excellent bottles in the region of € 60,00/70,00 per bottle. Their water supply was hefty, we could also easily trace back on our final bill. However, having said that, it was worth it.

Heavenly food, nice place, comfy seats, good vibe, great staff and hands on maitre D slash sommelier all resulted in a great evening. This place truly deserves its star, including the high rankin the the 'Lekker' restaurant guide.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

This is a fine restaurant in a small town in Eastern Brabant. Close to the railway station there is this fine restaurant Cordial annex hotel (De weverij). I have been here a couple of times and never left disappointed. The team in the kitchen aim at a high complex level and I have to say mission accomplished. I was here with a large group and we had a 4 course dinner with accompanying wines, just great. The contrast of taste, smell and color is great and the result is always a balance. What I particularly liked was the tuna combined with white grapefruit, nori coco and ponzu . Well done. The wines were well matched, in particular the sylvaner from Croatia with the tuna. Impressive. The attending staff was there and acted well. Difficult to find a match within 25 km.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed this restaurant as I stayed in the Hotel for 1 night. They've an offer with a 3 dishes menu at 35 eur. That's a fantastic opportunity to test a 1 star Michelin with a limited budget!
It was so good that i regretted not having taken the full tasting menu... next Time for sure !
Cooking is creativ, very precise and complex. Team is a bit distant but very efficient.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The Cordial restaurant is adjacent to and or part of the Weverij hotel in Oss. I was very pleasantly surprised with the high quality of the ingredients (grey Nordsea shrimps, high quality Tuna, very fresh halibut) and the high level of culinary expertise. As I am used to the regular tourist fare on the tourist circuit of Europe. When I complimented the chef the mentionned they had a Michelin Star.(and a 17/20 in the Gault Millaut) A well deserved Michelin star I might add. At 55 Euro for a 3 course meal + tea or coffee and sweets it is not cheap but still a bargain and excellent price/quality ratio.