See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel terramar for a long stay. Was worried from reading previous reviews. We arrived at around 9.30pm the hotel receptionist gave us no information on the hotel. Just checked our passports and we went to our room.

Rooms:
The rooms are in desperate need of upgrading the bathroom was tiny with a small shower and bath. One plug by the tv and one in the bathroom that’s it. The light switch was also faulty in the bathroom. The balcony was small and not private. The beds was lumpy and hard only one pillow on the bed.

Cleanliness:
Rooms was cleaned daily by the cleaners and fresh towels was given floors was mopped daily. Overall cleanliness of the hotel was satisfactory.

Noise:
The hotel was very noisy at times especially at night. Kids were banging people’s doors, ramming doors. Running up and down the corridors. When reported to reception the staff did not seem interested and it continued. The walls in the bedrooms are very thin and you can hear everything, peoples conversations. Can be very hard to sleep at night

Bar:
The bar opens at 10:30AM and closes at 11PM the bar is ok but doesn’t serve enough types of drink and the drinks served are watered down and quite tasteless the coffee is lovely though. After 11PM you have to pay for drinks.

Food:
The food is the worst I know it’s an all inclusive hotel but they has to be a level of food standard the meals are repetitive and bland food is luke warm causing myself to become ill so ate out some nights the snack bar is shocking the food in the snack bar is left out all day and is leftover food from meals just warmed up in the microwave. Gross!

Swimming pool is always freezing cold. Not enough sunloungers. No entertainment apart from the snooker tables and the occasional disco

Some staff are ok otherwise couldn’t care less and are unhelpful.

I won’t be returning to this hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Inspire782375
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at. I normally like to look on the bright side of life but it wasn’t made easy at all.

My boyfriend and I had a long day traveling. We finally got to the hotel at about 10pm. We went up to the desk and they clearly didn’t want to talk to us. They were rude and childish and gossiping in Spanish whilst we were stood there and laughing at us. The lady on the desk couldn’t be more intimidating - she looked full on angry the entire stay.

We went to our room and it didn’t look like the pictures. There was one plug socket in the entire room which was shared with the television. The tv had its buttons removed so you could only change the volume. The balcony wasn’t very private at all. The children in the room next door were trying to climb through our bars.

You could hear absolutely everything in the place and the other people who stayed there were atrocious. Everybody was just so rude and pushy.

We didn’t bother going to the swimming pool the entire week as it was so small and packed out.

The food was quite frankly inedible. It upset both of our stomachs the three times we actually dared to eat there.
The one night we had dinner, we loaded up our plates with the slop they serve, ate a bite and had to leave it. Both of us were fighting for the toilet after it.

Appalling hotel. I can’t believe what we had to pay for it. We met other couples when we were leaving who had the same issues. The other hotels in the area with 3 or 4 stars were absolutely stunning. I do not have a clue how it got the rating it did. The girl on the front desk should seriously reconsider her career, because if she can’t smile then she shouldn’t be there to welcome people.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a 4 day girlie break..concerned after reading reviews but it's really not that bad!..ok, it's a bit dated but it's clean and we found staff to be friendly and helpful. Ideally located for the nightlife and beach..food is ok..all be it a little Luke warm!.. It was ok for a few days but would be eating out if there for any longer..

My honest advice is that you get what you pay for !.. It's really not as bad as some of the reviews make out.. The other guests are the only thing that could let it down.. Making the most of the all inclusive bar!...if your on s budget tho give it a go!..

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank beckx17
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Came for cheap getaway for a week the hotel is clean and fresh towels everyday the staff are lovely and friendly all inclusive food is okay but very repetitive the bar snacks here are awful left over food which is then reheated in a microwave bit scary with burgers and fish the pool area is way to small for the size of the hotel and listening to some of the guests here swearing at each other and there kids is embarrassing while they sit around drunk all day on the all inclusive not to my liking the beach is very close by which is beautiful however spending everyday there because there was no room at the pool area to sunbath means paying €12 and an extra €6 if you want an umbrella for sun loungers can be a bit costly. To many bad guests let this place down badly first night sleeping here was 2 hours of screaming and fighting doors being kicked in and the police have been so many times I lost count left over blood all over the floors in the corridor and the walls are so thin it's like sharing a room with next door to the point of hearing them on the loo constant doors slamming all the time furniture dragging rooms badly need an upgrade one damaged plug in the corner not near anything tv does not work feel bad for the staff here would never stay here again Calella it's self is a lovely town loads of shops and bars plenty of places to eat the coastline walk is gorgeous.

Room Tip: No rooms are best
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dotee T
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff were lovely! The rooms were clean, the food may not be to everyone’s taste but there was something for everyone, I’m not a fan of fish or cheese and I managed perfectly fine every day/night. The pool was great, the town it’s self is fantastic. I’m sure people go there just to complain and jump on the band wagon. You get what you pay for. Me and my husband are very happy customers to say the least.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple