Reviews (7 428)
1 201
2 698
2 172
1 201
All reviews jupiter hotel water park circus stage the dragon free bus circus area two double beds premium room family holiday every night burger bar wave pool different theme every half hour great holiday hydro park kids club
641 - 646 of 7 428 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I travelled with my husband and 2 year old (she was actually 2 while we were over there and we received a nice little present from the staff in our room to mark the occasion!) A lot for kids to do - my little one was never out of the pools. She LOVED the water park and since the resort was all inclusive we didn't mind paying the €4.50 for the sun loungers in the Hydro Park.

Our room was quite small but we were rarely in the room to be honest. The only negative to this was we were kept awake for 3 nights due to the room next door leaving their television on ALL night and the walls are quite thin so you could hear everything(I did email my compliant on 2 occasions and nothing was done regarding this)

The entertainment was good (the adult shows could of been better). We thought the food was great and the hotel was clean.

We have already booked again for Summer 2019 to the premium room this time.

I would recommend for a family holiday!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room not near the pools!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ashleighmcdonald2011
MacHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review.
We are so pleased that you had enjoyed your stay and that you´ve already booked again for next summer.
We really look forward to welcoming you all back.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Currently on day 9 of 11.

When the wife told me she had booked up for us to go on holiday I jumped online to find reviews and was dreading coming here as i dont like busy places. The reviews really put me off!

Im ready to go home now but it has not been the doom and gloom as i expected. Ill break my review down.

Rooms:
The room we are in is very small with limited sotrage and fairly dated (aparently the last block of three to be renevated) there is a tv in the room but that will cost 35euros a week i believe, tiny safe costs aswell. The beds are not really comfy and the balcony is tiny and in my opinion far to low at about weists height.
How ever the rooms are clean, the cleaning staff are very busy and do a good job.

P.s if you get lucky gentlemen next door will know as i was disturbed by my neighbour for approximately 3 minutes. You can hear when next door plug something into the sockets or flush the toilets.

Resturantes:
No complaints here , there is something for everybody and there is from what i know of three resturantes on the complex and a burger bar in the afternoon. Each night the resturantes have a different theme, ive not had the same meal twice.

Also the resturante staff work all hours to get the tables ready and get the food out. There is a breakfast meal, a late breakfast meal, lunch meal, dinner meal and a late dinner from 10-12. The staff deserve massive credit in the kitchen, a theme which carries on through out the whole complex.

Pools:
The pools get bust but you will not struggle to find a lounger there is literally hundreds of them stacked up. There is atleast 7 pools to go at, all clean, all supervised and all at different depths clearly marked out. In the kids pools the entertainment staff get in with them and do dance and water arobics and other activities.

Bars:
I have seen reviews about the ques, we have never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get refreshments, every time greeted with a smile and a "holla" .
The staff throughout the whole complex are brilliant and really can not do enough for you.

Entertainment:
There is the saturno bar where there is adults entertainment every night and then there is the circus arena for the kids entertainment. Do not be fooled into thinking this is just for kids. There is a kids mini disco which is followed by bingo the average winnings are 300 a line 1200 for full house. The bingo is very popular, Entertainment starts after where we have seen tribute acts, dancing from around the world, a hypnotist who managed to convince 5 men that they were having a baby. The entertainment has been fairly decent to be honest.

Hydropark:
In the adverts to the hotel you will see a waterpark with big slides, this is not actually part of clubmac but clubmac has a deal for free acess, it is literally just across the road though, because of this nothing in here is all exclusive and everything from a sun lounger to a locker will cost you. However there is plenty of fun to be had for children and adults, even todlers are there is a playground within shallow water. Its worth checking out.

Security:
Ive read reviews about security giving drunks a kicking, ive not seen any trouble nor have i seen security been heavy handed or power mad, they have always said hello to us with a smile, and they stop you from been harrased by the lucky lucky nen outside the complex gates.

Other park ammenities:

Onsite you'll find a spar shop,
* A mini golf course
* A relaxation and massarge area
* A lake with swan boats, electric boats
* Kids club
* A Park
* Mini golf
* Trampolines
* Bouncy castle
* A kids electric car circuit
* Kids fun world ( rides )

Beach:
The beach is a 15-20 minute stroll with the kids, club mac does provide coaches every half hour for free though. The beach is stunning, very clean and the sea is shallow enough fir children for about 50 meters, the sea looks amazing.

Reccomendations:

Instead of using the spar turn right out the gates then right again there is a local supermarket within 5 minutes on foot, everything is massivly cheaper than the complex shop.

Take a taxi to the old town, it will cost 6 euros but definitely worth it. The town is within an old fort, loads of tiny streets full of culpture.

If you are going near the lakes, use mosquito reppelant

Outside the complex at the end of the street there is a train ( road tyres ) every 45 minutes it will cost 4 euros an adult and 3 for the kids but it will take you all around alcudia and to the beach.

Dont use the horse and cart for the "tour" unless you want to pay 45 euros to ride down side streets to see nothing but run down apartments. (Not part of club mac)

SUMMARISE
The complex is massive with plenty to do, ignore half the bad reviews, and make your own holiday, a holiday is what you make of it. The staff are amazing, and the entertainment is fairly decent.
Ive enjoyed my holiday even though i was dreading it. I know my kids have really enjoyed it and my eldest does not want to go home.

A big thank you to all the club mac staff. You are all brilliant!

8  Thank Dan S

What a lovely review.
It is so clear and precise and offers everything a reviewer would need to know about Club Mac and Alcudia and I would also like to
thank you for recognising the hard work of our staff. They work so hard to ensure our guests have a great holiday and are so often overlooked.
It has been a real pleasure reading your review.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We arrived at the hotel in the evening and noticed lots of empty plastic cups all over the entrance to the reception and pool areas. We thought, here we go!

We paid extra for the luxury room that included free wifi and tv. This room was very basic and compact but the air con worked well. We also had a little fridge, but make sure you leave a card in power switch when entering the room as your milk will turn sour!

The balcony was only good for drying your swimwear and towels. I'm rather big shouldered and struggled to sit comfortably out there! The also opted for a safe, to keep valuables and the passports in.

Breakfast had a wider choice from the hot "fry up" option to toast, croissants and cereals. I asked the chef to cook me fresh eggs and flip them over, I prefer them less gooey. My 2.5 year old son is allergic to all nuts so he had to live on sausages, bacon and watermelon for most of the trip! They helped us with this as the signs above the help yourself foods were not entirely clear. The ice cream from the bar was fine for him but the restaurant had nuts directly next to the ice cream.

Due to the age of our son, we spent a large portion of our time next to the purple kraken sea monster "kid pool", complete with water jets and inner slides. We arrived there around 10am most mornings and got loungers in the shade on the right-hand side. This pool is perfect for babies and toddlers, you are away from the bars and older kids running riot in the bigger pools.

We didn't visit the waterpark as we lived in the "kid pool".

At lunch time you can visit the burger bar, about 50 metres from the "kid pool", this place is great for drinks etc but you only have burgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and chips. For a more varied lunch, you can eat at two of the hotels on the complex Mars and Jupiter. At busy times, you had to queue but it went down rather quickly and the restaurant staff were very hardworking.

At dinner, it's a similar "auto-pilot" approach. They mix-up themes but it's still rather bland. Pizza and the fruit was better than the rest.

There are lots of negative reviews on here, don't be put off. If you want a bit of sunshine, lounging by the pool and like basic food then consider Saturno. Saturno is tucked away from the other two hotels, get the upgrade in room! They put us on the 6th floor and it was a lot quieter than being on lower floors. The Fifa World Cup was also on, plenty of guests were enjoying drink a little bit much!

The return journey - we almost missed our flight! Our flight was at 4:15pm on a Sunday. The TUI bus collected us at 12:50pm, the check-in opened at 2:30pm, by the time we checked in, got through security we were at the passport check desk at 4:00pm! We ran to the gate and just made it. We didn't have food or anything, it was the fact the airport checks were so SLOW!

Overall the whole experience was a kind 6/10. Don't go in the school holidays as it's not worth the ridiculously over priced premium. Look at a 4 star or 5 star instead!

Room Tip: Book Saturno, 5th floor upwards. Get a luxury room. Avoid school holiday price increase.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Tommy S

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review.
We are saddened that you had not enjoyed the food we offer our guest and that your son had not been able to eat a more varied choice of foods. The Head of Restaurants are aware of food allergies and are always happy to help guests know what foods they can eat safely.
Again, thank you for review of your holiday experiences here at Club Mc.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our first ever all inclusive holiday and our first family abroad holiday with 5&3 YO boys.
On arrival to the Club Mac our transfer coach took us around the back of the complex and it looked huge and very daunting. We checked in swiftly considering all of our transfer were staying here, then made our way to our room on the 9th floor of the Saturno, dodging numerous kids running and freely roaming around the site, mostly water fighting on the pathways. The room, the staff, facilities and food were faultless, not they we were looking to complain but it was everything we could habe asked for and more. We felt at home straight away. The maids were daily in the afternoon and the rooms we as we found them on arrival. The restaurants were all stocked with hot foods with a chef section at every meal time, plus well staffed clearing tables. Bar staff were pleasant and in good spirits considering some of the pond life guests they had to deal with... More later on that. The drinks in the all inclusive package were plentiful and had a huge selection for adults and kids fruit juice was self serve in most areas. Plenty of snack bars, the lake burger bar had around 5 minute queue but the queues moved fairly steadily + speedy queues for drinks and ice cream too at other various bars around the site, a queue of 5-7 people was cleared in a couple of minutes.

The entertainment was loud and for the whole family, we opted for the kids mini disco but in our 9th floor we could easily hear various singers every night, which finished around 10:30. Not an issue as they were really good and it was nice to take drinks to our balcony and look over.
The waterpark kept our kids entertained every other afternoon, the free unlimited entry kept came in very handy. Some reviews I've seen complaining about paying for sunbeds and food here, THIS IS CLEARLY STATED. Plus if you can't be bothered to walk - literally over the road, back to the Club Mac complex to get drinks I think that sums you up anyway. So far 5/5

NOW, here is where club Mac let's itself down, and it has nothing to do with the complex, facilities etc...it's the GUESTS. never have I witnessed utter rude, shameful, council, bottom of the barrel behaviours. Here are some of the things I expirienced daily...
Guests pushing for lifts, waltzing past the queue.
Kids helping themselves to food although plenty of notices state "children not to be unattended".
Walking back to tables eatting food off plates.
Walking past the food before seated, as its very narrow, just wait to be seated!
So many guests sniffing the hot sauces, either off the serving spoon or just hovering a nose hair above the whole pot... Seriously, where do these people originate from? - I saw a child, around 7years old, unaided, sneeze into the hot food that people serve from.
Naked babies (6 months or so) in pools with their parents watching them.
Language of parents and kids alike, I had to tell 2 kids (around 9) to mind their language twice as they were cursing awfuly and laughing about their ball game in the pool about who to hit next with the ball.

The above examples were mostly from people from my own country or atleast Britain so it's not to try cause any issue, I was pretty appauled considering you represent your county abroad, the UK definitely lets itself down at Club Mac. Me and my wife are both working class and in no way posh, but if we didnt laugh at such behaviour we would have probably cried.

I wouldnt recommend club mac during busier times, but I assume it was fully booked over the week that we stayed anyway.

I think Basil Fawlty said it right when he said no "riff raff"

The only negative from the hotels point of view was the free shuttle bus to the pier every evening from 19:30
We started to queue first by the fully conditioned Club Mac Logo coach but, it was a smaller bus. We were then at the back of the queue (it was like a free-for-all) and squeezed on, standing up, much to the distress of my boys. Parhaps it should be clearly stated which bus does what (the coach is only for the beach)

... Would we return to club Mac, probably, maybe a few weeks earlier to try avoid busier periods and having knowing what we know now about guest behaviours... Some guests who can't see an issue I assume are part of the problem.

Total 4/5 as the size and the facilities of the complex outweigh some 20-30% of the guests behaviour. My boys loved every minute on the site and that's all we asked before we started our holiday.

1  Thank Damon C

Dear Guest
Thank you for your honest review of your stay here at Club Mac.
We are sorry that some of the british guests had not behaved in a more appropriate manner but you must remember they are trying to unwind from the every day stresses of life back home, although some a little more than we would like.
We are so pleased that you and your boys did have a great holiday and that you would return in the near future.
Again, thank you for your review.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I just want to start by saying that the facilities at the hotel are reasonable there are 8 good poolsand the staff work tirelessly hard. This place may be a great holiday for some but not for us. I will try and make this as concise as possible. The rooms are small cramped especially with a family of 4. It’s all very well saying these are standard rooms which they are but they are advertised as for the use of a family of 4. The walls are thin and noise from neighbours, outside and the corridors was constant everything in the bathroom worked and there is very little storage space in general. Balcony’s as already covered are only really fit for drying washing as they’re extremely small. Rooms at best were 2 star but in all reality I’m probs being kind. But who wants to spend there time on holiday in there room. The resort is actually quite nice with plenty to do some of which does come at a cost. The food again was ok with reasonable choice. It could be hit and miss and I did feel ill twice which I suspect was due to the food. There are over 1000 rooms at this complex which are mainly full of families of 3 to 4 meaning that the complex has anywhere between 3000-4000 guests and this is really where the many of the issues arise. Whilst there are 8 varying size pools they can not cope with 1000 people never mind 3000. There are invariably free sun loungers stacked up but it’s like trying to place a lounger in a packed stand at a football stadium. In effect there are 3 restaurants all reasonable size again they are not capable of handling 3000 guests and if you hit them at the wrong time expect to queue for up to half an hour. We all joke about towels and Germans but in all honesty when it comes to manners and down right selfishness the British are by far the worst. Loungers which are already out will be taken by 7 at the latest. Meal times can only be described as feeding time at the zoo and many guests clearly don’t realise that anyone else exists in the world other than themselves. Many of the above issues are directed at people and not the hotel. If you look for an all inclusive in Alcudia on any website club mac will likely be the cheapest. The facilities are 3 star the food is 3 star and the rooms are 1/2 star. If you were to come here in a quieter period I suspect most would enjoy. Bearing in mind that we are here pre school holidays. If you like a relaxing family holiday this is not for you. One other point to note is that should you wish to take your kids the kids club you will need to stay and supervise. Beer is local and the wine is absolutely terrible. Spirits I wouldn’t even class as local they are the cheapest of the cheap. A good point is the water park which is free entry. Yes you do have to pay for sun-loungers and drinks and food cost. My advice if you want slightly more piece where you and your family can have fun spend most days either at the beach or water park and that really is saying something.

3  Thank Iain B
MacHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest
So sad to read your review and that you had not enjoyed your stay here at Club Mac.
A few things though, our hotel can only accommodate 2400 guests at full seaon. Our restaurants have no problem seating and feeding our guests and the guests that stay around our pools have no trouble findind sunbeds.
We are sorry that our 3 star All-Inclusive resort is not for you and I do hope that you do find a hotel more to your liking in the near future.
Kind regards