All reviews served in plastic glasses side street walk in shower entertainment staff pool area salad air con arrived days slush machine short break paella meat cooked bit of a pain wardrobe space food on offer room was cleaned daily two chairs and a table
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I'm here now. Me and my partner have came for 10 days. After reading reviews i was wary of what to expect.

The hotel itself is lovely. We had everything we needed and it was all clean and fairly new. I read people saying the sun goes down at 2pm - i have never witnessed this, it has always been out until 6pm around the pool area. Wifi is not free and cost us €21 for 10 days. Safe also has a fee of €15 per week. Rooms are cleaned every day and have a small fridge which we were happy about. All inclusive drinks are great and all bar staff are very friendly. Entertainment isn't amazing but there is something for everyone and lots of walks, bars and restaurants in the surrounding areas. Food has not been very nice since we arrived but there is always chips and bread which we often eat.

I would recommend this hotel to couples and families in the future but personally if i was to come again i wouldn't come all inclusive as the food wasn't to our taste. The hotel itself is beautiful and i cannot complain about the facilities and cleanliness. This area of Majorca is lovely and is only a 10 minute drive from Palma airport. There is also a bus into Palma which is €3 return pp and takes about 15 minutes.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leanne W
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

After just returning from a lovely stay here we would definitely say dont believe what people say bad about this hotel until youve tried it.
Great food, great entertainment team, friendly staff, lovely food, plenty of drinks choice, a bit shady in parts of the area by the pool at certain times but was to be expected because of the hotel design, wrong choice to have a room above the bar but that's what can happen at holiday hotels but not a major worry, amenities and beach very close by which was good.
Definitely worth another visit in the future!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lee S
IlusionHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ilusion Calma & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Lee S

Thanks for the comments written here.
The hotel was renovated last year so that our clients are comfortable and their holidays are to your liking.
We will be happy that you want to return to our Hotel.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Reviews and website made this hotel sound good but I beg to differ. Room like any other but fittings were loose (shelf, towel rail etc). Wardrobe door couldn't be opened fully because the spring for the entrance door was in the way. Shower base was not sealed and water ran all over the floor, we had to change bath mat and towels every day because they were sodden with having to mop up the floor. Dining room fairly roomy and staff very friendly but food not that great. Breakfast was ok with all the usual but lunch and dinner short of choices. Too many stews, rice and pasta dishes and very few vegetables. The doors to the pool area weren't opened until 10am, except when a member of staff decided to open them early if they felt like it. There were only about 80 sunloungers arranged in lines with very little room between and very close to the small pool. This meant that every morning people gathered at the doors waiting and the moment they were opened there was a stampede to get a sunlounger actually in the sun. The pool bar was very good and there were great snacks available until 5pm, hot dogs, burgers, chips and the cold meats and cheeses etc that you get at breakfast, actually better than the food on offer in the dining room at times. It was only 5 minutes to the beach and there was a circular route round the town where you could see all the shops etc. The hotel is also under the flight path of the airport with planes taking off at all hours, didn't bother us as we live near Edinburgh airport flight path, but very noisy for those who are used to quieter nights. I wouldn't go to this hotel again, mainly because of the lack of room at the pool and the poor selection of food.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank fiorentina56

Dear fiorentina56
We regret to hear that your stay was not to your liking, but all the opinions matter to us to be able to improve.
Comment that the Hotel has a Department of Technical Services that are in the Hotel from 07:30 am to 10:00 pm, that go up to the rooms to solve the problems that may be.
As for the food, the menu that is served daily is balanced and we have a section for vegetarians.
The pool hours are from 10:00 am until 07:00 pm.
We appreciate your comments as it helps us grow as a Hotel and company.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Have recently visited Calma Hotel for a family holiday. Everything was fine until our last night...
Me and my sister came back from a good night of clubbing and went to grab a drink from the canteen (where we was told upon arrival that cold food such as sandwiches and drinks water/tea/coffee etc are available throughout the night as we were all inclusive). We were doing this throughout the whole week of our stay and there was no problem until one night where we was approached by the rude and ignorant receptionist called Daniel. He did not confront us about anything but simply said “leave the drinks alone” and snatched my drink out of my hand and when my sister tried to walk away with her hot coffee he poured the hot drink all over her!! I was shocked and couldn’t believe what I just witnessed. He then tried to physically push me out of the canteen where I didn't allow this to happen and tried to defend myself. The reception manager (lady with brown bob haircut) who was also extremely rude was called and tried to say that we have to leave the hotel at 4am in the morning as Daniel did not admit to anything that he had done even though my sisters hand was all red and burnt and he tried to say I was “causing a fight”. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay away as far as possible as out of what I witnessed the hotels reception staff is very unprofessional and extremely rude to its guests, they have NO RESPECT what so ever and only respect their staff. However if you do, DO NOT get any drinks at nighttime as the same situation might occur meaning you have to leave the hotel or even worse...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
13  Thank Adrian M
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We booked a last minute holiday and we were dreading it as the reviews weren’t great.We arrived for a weeks stay and we were greeted by two lovely helpful men,our room wasn’t ready so we just sat round the pool and got a drink.Drinks were great,lots of choice and drinks great for kids too.We got our keys for the room and it was lovely,very cosy and very clean.Cleaners were in every day and very polite too(they did a great job).Entertainment was good,always something on or something to do.Yuri was lovely and very helpful,always had time for the kids,he had time for everyone and he would always try to get everyone involved .Bar staff did a wonderful job keeping up with the bar and also collecting the empty cups especially Jamie and Ricardo,they both always had a smile on there face and they made our holiday.Food was amazing,especially breakfast.Snack bar was great to quickly grab something although you aren’t aloud to take food around the pool which I thinks a good idea as it was always clean.tea was lovely aswell,something different most nights.Altogether we had a great stay and we can’t thank the staff enough.We will definitely be returning.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank fionahorseman
IlusionHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ilusion Calma & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Fiona Horseman

Thank you very much for having booked with us and that your holidays have been to your liking.
We appreciate the comments about our staff, they work hard so that our clients leave happy and want to return.
We will send all our good words to our staff.
We hope to see you again soon.