All reviews swim up bar pool area close to the airport lovely hotel air con on the small side steam room spa facilities bars and restaurants different theme half board large terrace the bus sea view short break breakfast and dinner per day
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We loved this hotel. We were checked in smoothly,early really as we arrived at midday. Room was modern with plenty of storage and comfy bed. We had a balcony with side sea view which was fine. Bathroom spacious with a good shower. The staff all over this hotel were great and always had a cheery smile. Plane noise did not bother us at all but if you find this annoying book a hotel that is not close to an airport!! We booked half board and the food was amazing, served by the most pleasant staff we have had the pleasure to meet. There really was an incredible array of fab food. The hotel is about 2mins from a lovely bay and 5 mins from a huge beach both lined with restaurants. This was great as this leads on to my only problem we had at this hotel. The sunbed problem. We saw people putting their towels on them before breakfast. Well so what you may think but they would not sit on them. They would go off and return mid afternoon expecting their bed to be available. Really this annoyed us so much as we had to go to the beach every day. When we returned there were beds all over with towels on them for hours but nobody on them. I know the hotel has signs all over stating no reserving of sunbeds but the ignorant guests ignored them. We even saw a couple of arguments between people who had returned to find THEIR bed with someone who dared to sit on them. I am at a loss how the hotel can remedy this other than employ a sunbed policeman. The poor bar staff didn't have time to do it as they were busy serving drinks. This was a great pity because it was the only thing that spoiled our stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glynis L
JSHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Guest,
before anything else, we would like to thank you not only for choosing our hotel for your holiday but also for taking the time to share your kind review with us.
We are very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations.
With regards to the sunbeds, as you mentioned, this issue is being transmitted to our guests already during check-in. Further, the management is doing its best to control this problem but sometimes it gets very complicated. We thank you for your comment and will see how we can improve to handle this issue. Please note that we also have a solarium at the Hotel, a sun terrace.
Having read your review about your stay at our Hotel, we now see where and how we can still improve our service. Thank you very much. It is a great help indeed. And please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.
However, we are very proud to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities and we will share your comments with all our staff because they motivate us to continue offering excellent service.

the entire JS Hotels Team

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I stayed at the JS Palma Stay **** hotel (adults only), Can Pastilla, Majorca for 5-night break in June 2018.

The hotel itself is just a short 10-minute drive from the airport and taxi fares are around 15 euros each way (set price). At the bottom of the road (a couple of minutes’ walk from the hotel) is a small bay area with a selection of restaurants, bars and shops. Walk a further 5 minutes along the seafront and there is a huge beach with hundreds of restaurants to choose from stretching from Can Pastilla to S’Arenal.
Central Palma is only 35 minutes away by bus (bus stop is just a 5-minute walk from the hotel). Catch the No 3 or 15 for only 1.50 euros each way (while you are there you must visit the Cathedral for only 4 euros, it’s incredible). You can also catch the bus to Bellver Castle (priced at 7 euros and also highly recommended) but I got a taxi there which took me straight to the castle gates avoiding the 450-step climb to the top for 17 euros (definitely worth it on a hot day). The hotel mostly consists of German, French and English guests.

Right…. Back to the hotel review.

The hotel itself looks like it’s just recently been renovated as it was spotlessly clean, modern and bright. The reception staff were quick, polite and friendly. I arrived at the hotel at 12:30pm expecting to leave my bag till my room was ready but instead I was handed my room key immediately on the 4th floor and away I went. I got to my room (407) only to find the room had not been prepared yet. I went back to reception and was immediately given room 408 which was clean and ready to use (great customer service).

I booked a junior suite (also worth the extra) and got a huge room comprising of a comfy super king size bed with memory foam mattress (6’4” wide x 6’6” long), a desk and chair, a large flat screen TV which had BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV, ITV2 & ITV4; a wardrobe with shelving and a safe inside, the safe however is not free to use. Costs for the safe are either 3.60 euros per day or 23 euros per week plus an additional 5 euros deposit. There was complimentary tea/coffee making facilities, a mini fridge, sofa and additional flat screen tv in the lounge area. The room also had a balcony (with clothes dryer) and a beautiful sea view. The bathroom had a walk-in shower, fresh clean towels, a huge selection of complimentary toiletries, slippers and a hairdryer. The only negative however, was that the bathroom was a bit on the small side (the door could do with opening outwards not inwards). The room also had air conditioning which worked extremely well and kept the room cool.

The buffet breakfast was served from 7.30am-10.30am and caters for all tastes (although there were no proper English sausages). Evening meals are served from 6.30pm-9.30pm and is based on a Theme depending on the day (Oriental, Meat, Italian, Healthy etc). There were also chefs who cooked in front of you. I’m quite a fussy eater but there was something every night for me to eat and the food was very good and tasty.

The drinks at the hotel were reasonably prices and the beers were cheaper than some of the bars on the seafront. I ate at the lounge-bar most days and although the prices were a bit expensive, the portions were huge and tasty.

The hotel has 2 pools; a small pool with a jacuzzi at one end (depth 1.89 m) and the larger pool with a wet bar (depth 2m). The water was a bit on the cold side but you soon got used to it once you were in. The pools aren’t the biggest but were perfect adequate. There was an assortment of sunbeds around the pool and no problem acquiring one if you were down by the pool before 9.30am (after that you may struggle). Failing that, there were more sunbeds (better quality ones) on the terrace and on the rooftop along with a hot tub. As you are minutes from the airport you CAN hear the planes taking off in the background (as other reviewers have pointed out), but after a day or so I didn’t really notice it anymore and at night there are virtually no flights from midnight till 6am (or at least I didn’t hear any from my room). There was also a massive big screen TV by the pool which showed all the World Cup games but not sure if this is a permanent fixture.

The hotel also has a free to use Spa which I’ve got to say was excellent. The Spa had a steam room, sauna, indoor/outdoor pool area, waterfalls, jacuzzi and hydro massage chairs. There is also a heated 25m lane pool but didn’t use that (too strenuous). There is also a gym area with an assortment of cardiovascular and weight training equipment to use but as I didn’t use the gym I’m unable to comment further.

Night time entertainment at the hotel wasn’t for me to be honest. The acts weren’t the best, plus a lot of the guests smoked around the stage area which put me off. But that’s just my opinion.

There is also free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. The signal and speed was a bit hit and miss depending where you are in the hotel but overall adequate.

Sorry for the long review, but I’m nearly done…. So, in summary: -

Positives:
Short transfer to the hotel from the airport.
Clean, modern hotel.
Friendly, helpful staff.
Good selection of food.
Free to use Spa.
2 pools with wet bar.
Reasonably priced drinks.
12 noon late checkout.

Negative:

Noise from the planes taking off at nearby airport may put some people off.
Small bathroom.
Have to pay to use the safe.
Outdoor smoking permitted around the pool and entertainment area.
Slow service when ordering drinks/food in the Lounge-Bar (particularly at night).
Nightly entertainment not the best.

Overall; I enjoyed my stay at the JS Palma Stay hotel. I slept well, ate well, pampered myself a bit and left feeling relaxed and invigorated (what more can you ask for).

Would I recommend staying here…. Yes, I would. It's definitely worthy of its 4 star rating.

9/10.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book a suite. Its well worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank surfyboy1973
JSHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest,
it is great to see that you took considerable time in order to review your stay at our Hotel. Having read your review about your stay at our Hotel, we now see where and how we can still improve our service. Thank you very much. It is a great help indeed. We will most certainly take your suggestions and comments into consideration in order to improve our services.
However, we are glad to read that your overall experience was positive.
We are particularly grateful to you for your marvellous praise of our service. It gives us great pleasure to know that our team were able to facilitate your requests.
Thank you for booking with us and for your abundant comments which are very helpful.

We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Yours sincerely, the entire JS Palma Stay Team

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my short stay. Smallish hotel, but never felt crowded or in much competition for food, service, drinks, sun beds. Having said that, i expect it gets more busy in August/September time.

The location is a real bonus and was very easy to find. So long as you don't mind the occasional flight over-head which i found winds down in the evening anyway, it's a good spot.

My only suggestions to staff would be the outdoor music send to be on a short playlist, just 10-15 tracks maybe? It can get repetitive. The spa facilities are beyond expectation, by impressive. Overall i think the hotel is good and service are very good. What i would expect from a 4*.

I would recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Adam C

Dear Adam,
thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers. We are very pleased to know that despite of one or the other downside; you had a great time with us.
We took note of the pool music. Thank you for pointing that out.
Please next time report any issue- the music- to our staff at the reception desk. They will be very happy to assist you with anything you may need.
We are very proud to know that you enjoyed our service and facilities and we will share your comments with all our staff because they motivate us to continue offering excellent service.

from the entire JS Hotels Team

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Located really close to beach if that 18-30’s style holiday is what you are looking for. Noisy hotel so much so that i had to wear headphones for sleep. Shower leaked and not powerful. Tiny balcony and overlooking stone buildings. Just ok is how i can only describe this hotel.
Free wifi
Rooms clean..ish

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa B
JSHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel JS Palma Stay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest,

we very much appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. We are very sorry to read that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management.
It is so disappointing to read that you weren’t happy with the room you were allocated with. It is a shame you didn’t ask to see if there was another room in this category while you were there. The rooms do vary in shape, size and décor.

We are truly honoured that you chose to stay with us.

JS Palma Stay Team

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 week with my husband on a half board basis.

Initial impressions: we were greeted at reception and check in was quick and easy though I did have to ask for some information such as where the restaurant was rather than it being volunteered.

Room: we stayed in a standard room, to the left from the balcony we could see the sea and opposite was another hotel. The room was an average size but enough room for us and our luggage. The bathroom was a good size, the shower particularly. The room was not soundproof - we could hear the planes overhead, next doors tv and even next door snoring one night! Also given our position we were quite close to the bar and only on the second floor so we could hear the entertainment really loudly. Fine, it’s a holiday and not everyone wants an early night but when you have to be up at 4.30am to fly home and someone is crooning really loudly until gone 11.30pm, it was an issue for us that night.

Pool area: the pool area is quite small compared to what I’m used to on a sunshine break however I think that this is because the hotel seems to cater for both a ‘relaxing by the pool’ type holiday as well as a city break so expects (rightly it seems) that not everyone will use the pool everyday. The area was nice and clean, the pool was a little chilly but refreshing given the hot sun. It was a nice novelty to have a drink at the swim up bar too. In respect of sun beds, the majority of the clientele at the hotel is German - take from that what you will.

Bar: the bar area was nice and chilled, and there was a big screen set up for the World Cup matches. Service was sometimes a little slow but mostly the staff were good and friendly. The iced coffee was delicious! And beer/wine was really reasonably priced. We ate lunch here a few times and the food was nice and, again, a good price.

Food: we had breakfast and dinner included. The dining room was never overly full so it was easy to get food, and the waiting staff here were really quick with drinks. I did feel that as a vegetarian, there wasn’t as much choice as I am used to at beach hotels. However my husband who does eat meat found lots to eat every night and enjoyed it all. Fish night and meat night were hardest for me as you’d expect! Even the pizza and pasta (that I’d normally rely upon) had fish and meat on them.

Entertainment: the entertainment was adequate. As mentioned above, it was loud! Sitting in the bar area too close to the stage meant that we struggled to have a conversation. Given the smallish size of the bar, the volume was just a bit much. The full moon party was interesting though, I’d definitely recommend sticking around for that!

Location: this was the best bit. The hotel is 2 mins walk from a small bay with a beach and then another couple of minutes walk to a bigger beach. There are lots of restaurants and bars in Can Pastilla. It was really easy to get to Palma by bus to then spend the day there or journey onto other towns on the island (I’d highly recommend Soller). We hired bikes one day and cycled to S’Arenal and then back past the hotel and down to Palma - a nice way to spend the day and only 7euros each for bike hire (not at the hotel). The location also means that transfer time from the airport is about 10 mins - though this does mean that there is almost constant plane noise overhead whilst at the hotel and it is difficult to ignore.

Overall, a nice hotel and an enjoyable stay but I would probably not return if I went back to the area but would try somewhere else. I’d say the hotel is more 3-3.5* than 4* based on other 4* European hotels that I’ve stayed at.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahjane198

Dear Guest,
thank you for staying at our Hotel on your recent trip to Majorca, and for taking the time to share your kind review with us.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.
We are glad to read that your overall experience was positive.

We wish you all the best and thank you very much for staying with us.

Sincerely yours, JS Palma Stay Team