Reviews (3 602)
3 602 results
1 219
1 219
All reviews private path pasta tomir block fish upstairs bar great holiday every night bar staff family holiday plenty of sunbeds soft drinks rooms are basic self service potatoes tennis courts min walk pool view
229 - 234 of 3 602 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Just returned from club cala romani and really enjoyed it very good for the children plenty to do lovely beach near bye nice local shops food is what you would expect for a 3 star all inclusive can't really fault it only thing I would recommend is if you can get privet transfer it does take 2.30 hours to get there that is the only thing everything else is fine highly recommended

Room Tip: All rooms r the same
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ezra m
Club C, Customer Satisfaction Surveyor at Club Cala Romani, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear ezra m,

thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your holidays with us. We do our best within the budget of our star rating to please everyone.
The transfers can indeed take long, but these are not booked by the hotel so there isn't much we can do about it. In case the transfer agencies promised a shorter trip, we would reccommend to claim directly with them.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The room-
Me, my partner and son all stayed in the tiniest of rooms. Two single beds pushed together and a cot, my son is 3 and he hasn’t slept in a cot since he was 6 month old. So we spoke to reception about it and they agreed to put a pull out bed in instead.. waited 3 days. ( was only their for 7 days). So we had our son in with us, which he then fell threw the middle of the bed and bruised all of his leg! (It was clean and hygienic)

The food-
Very poor quality, yes I get it’s inclusive and it’s a 3 star. But I’ve stayed in a 2 star with better quality food, it was cold and the same things all week.. eg/ pasta,bread/rice and sauce.
We ate out most of the week we was Their because my partner was having upset stomachs.

No chicken nuggets/sausage ect.. all the food that kids love! My son hardly ate anything in the restaurant, poor service from the staff as they was hovering over everybody constantly.

The drinks-
Hardly any decent drinks, nothing but cheap alcohol and watered soft drinks, you was only allowed two drinks at the same time in one go.. (fair enough for big drinkers)

Entertainment-
Their was a kids disco that was 8.30 until 10.00pm. Their was games, dancing ect.. and even volunteers on the stage (which was the same 6 kids every night). My son wanted to join in on stage and they said “no he’s too small”, he’s 3 years old. He was so upset and distressed he never wanted to go again ( that was our first night too). Their rude, ignorant and biased.

Pool-
2 big pools and 1 small pool for the children, which they was only allowed polyester swimming suits on (no t shirts) and nappy’s must be warn at all times. My son is potty trained and they told me off for him not having a nappy on! (Wasn’t pleased) also I was burnt on my back so I got covered up with a top and played with my son in the pool to then get told I have to get out because your not allowed clothes on in the pool!! (They wasn’t see threw and I was completely covered). Safe to say they got my tongue!!

Kids pool/Park-
Nice little pool at the bottom of the hotel where it was nice and shaded with a park, which was boiling and metal! Never Hurd so many kids scream as they played because it was that hot! The soft flooring was black which obviously attracts the son. My son took his shoes off for a few minutes to Velcro them back up to then scream in pain because of the heat (he had blisters) their was NO signs around saying to wear footwear/ covered clothing ect.. so all the adults around the pool including me took it in turns wetting the slide so it would cool down for the kids. The pool as you walked into it, the bottom of the pool where the tiles are was that slippery 4 adults fell holding their kids hands to help them into the pool (including myself) a few bruises and cut knees!!

Off complex-
Was a lovely 5 minuet walk into the centre with markets and bars with friendly staff and people making you feel welcome. Good small park for the kids to play on (which was nice and cool)..

!!OVERALL!!- wouldn’t recommend for a family with small children. So may people complained as they all slagged the staff and hotel off onto a Facebook page!!

5  Thank Chloe M

Dear Chloe M,

thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your holidays did not meet your expectations. Usually most families with children are quite happy and as far as I can remember we have never had complaints about our children's playground or pool. Nappies are necessary, as we don't like to spoil everyone's enjoyment of the pool for an accident by having to close down the pool for hours. And accidents with children happen quite often.

Fortunately Mallorca is a really amazing and big island and I'm sure you will find a hotel that suits your needs and criterias soon. Until then we wish you and your family a pleasant time!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place, kids loved the activities through out the day. Little pool down near the park was great for our 2 year old lots to do at night also, with entertainment for everyone. Food great lots of variety

4  Thank Jonathan S
Club C, Customer Satisfaction Surveyor at Club Cala Romani, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Jonathan S,

thank you very much for your review. We are happy that your holidays were a success. This is the most rewarding feedback to us. We hope to see you back soon. Until then, all the best!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Took my son to hotel Romani for 1 week it is a nice hotel and situated with a beach 5 mins walking distance.Services to all the attractions around Palma come every morning and a short distance is some nice bars and restaurants if you wanna get away from the hotel.The hotel was cleaned daily and the food was ok the usual AI stuff.

2  Thank kye b

Dear Kye b,

thank you for your review of your experience at our hotel. We are glad that your holidays were a success. We hope to welcome you back soon for another holiday and until then we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

To start with, I have never wrote a bad review and never wanted to either, but this was a ruined holiday for my family and I will explain why.
Good points:
1. On arrival all was ok, as we were lucky to arrive at 2 at night and only with another couple so got room keys pretty fast. We are a family with 3 kids (16, 13 and 8). We did get a Family room but as we entered there was no 3rd bed setup and we had to search for it to find it was a pull out and set it up ourselves. Beds were pretty comfortable, no problem. Bathroom is quite ok, there is no hairdryer but you can rent it. plenty of towels.
2. Hotel has 3 joined swimming pools that are quite nice and big.
3. Slushy machines for the kids.
4. Beautiful beach with crystal clear waters and white sand.
Bad points:
1. Kids beds were in "sitting room" where was a fridge and I believe used to be a sink, which was now turned into a cupboard. the smell coming out of that corner daily was horrible and I believe was coming from the pipes.
2. No floats allowed in the pools apart from a "baby pool", so no pint to buy any unless you will go to the beach.
3. Sun beds are so hard (some broken) that people use inflated mattresses as a sunbed topper otherwise not possible to enjoy a lay down.
4. No sun umbrellas as such, several big "tents/covers" in 2 areas for protection, the rest of the area open to the sun.
5. Swimming pools are full of little falling tiles, I have seen several people having their toes cut and getting help from lifeguards.
6. People smoke everywhere, there is no smokeless area.
7.Drinks: Pepsi, Fanta and tonic you could get yourself. Beer and other drinks you could get only in small plastic cups - 2 per person.
8.Food: honestly, we are noth picky, especially the kids... but we had to eat out half of the time as food was awful. And this is not a joke. You cannot survive on some salad leaves, cucumber, tomato and potato chips for long. Breakfast was ok, dinner sometimes worse thank lunch. One day at lunch I saw a lady spilled a whole cup of juice, but she just went on and left all of it on the floor. I was worried for other people, so went to a waiter and told him that there is a spill, he turned to me and said - there is a big roll of paper, go and clean it. I said that it wasn't me who spilled it, but he said this is ok, but take a roll and clean it. I said I will not and this is his job, so he got angry but went and cleaned it.
9. Snack bar: they only have bread for toasters, but no toaster, some hard buns, tomato and salad leaves, cheese, ham, pate and butter. No hot drinks. Also please note: you are not allowed to take the food out from the restaurant or a snack bar. Not even a fruit. We had to go and buy food and snacks in the shop nearby as kids were starving. There is 1 gentlemen, that seems like he is working in a prison when he is not working in a hotel. One day there girl came in wearing a crop top and he turned her away and told her to get dressed.
10. Beach is 15 mins walk from the hotel, Sunbeds + umbrella =9 euro. There are jelly fish that stung my little one on the first day, so the next day we bought a bucket and were "fishing| the jellyfish out of waters, other tourists were doing the same.
11. In the evening people get drunk and don't look after their kids. There were little kiddies banging on our door and running down the corridor looking for their mom's at 3 o'clock at night. I was trying to talk to security and he ignored me, pretending he doesn't speak English.

Overall, if I had spare money I would just either move to a different hotel or go home. But we tried to enjoy this holiday as much as we could, but first time in all these years kids told me: FINALLY! on the day we were going home. And also told me that if next year we cannot afford a descent hotel, they would rather stay at home.

And honestly, we have been to many 3 star hotels, we are not picky at all, but I am very upset that this holiday we were waiting for so long, turned out to be a nightmare.

Sorry for a long review, but I need to warn people with kids not to fall for a cheap price but go elsewhere, unless all you want is drink and sleep.

Room Tip: Avoid if you can, not worth a penny
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Ana P
Club C, Customer Satisfaction Surveyor at Club Cala Romani, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Ana P,

thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apreciate the time you have taken to write an honest and balanced review and I would like to use the opportunity to answer you in detail to the varios claims and concerns. From the various concerns expressed, the 2 incidents with our staff Will be examined personally by our manager since they would have been completely out of the line. At the momento of writing these lines the director has been informed but the internal survey has not started yet. We have no reasons not to believe your versión of the incidents of course, but it seems fair to hear the affected staff members as well. I can assure you, nevertheless, that if the incident is verified, this two members of staff Will be severely reprimanded. I'm referring to the incident at the restaurant with the juice spill and the incident with the security guard pretending not to speak english (both security members that work at our hotel speak english fluently enough). Regarding our internal investigation, if you were so kind to contact us via email (which you can find on our website, it is not allowed to post links on TripAdvisor) to give us further information about who the particular member was, it would make things much easier for us.

This being said, I would like to comment on some of the other concerns:
1. Our apartments are advertised and sold as 1 bedroom apartment. In the bedroom there are 2 single beds and in the living room, both sofas are actual beds with a 3rd pull out bed. Even though they are sofas AND beds, it is an understatement to say they are "sofá-beds". They are beds that can be used as sofas rather the other way round.
Nevertheless it is the norm that the apartment should have been made up for 5 people if you were a party of 5. Again, if you provide me with some more information about your check-in date and name I can try to find out why this wasn't the case. Until 22:00 we would also have had cleaning staff available to make up the bed for you, but at 2am in the morning we only have the receptionist and the security at the hotel and they cannot leave their posts to help out. I apologise for the inconvenience and want to stress again that this is by no means the norm in our hotel.
Finally, regarding the smell coming from the pipes, usually our cleaning staff or our tecnician would have been able to fix it if you had contacted reception to inform about the incident. I asume here you did not inform us, since the problema was not fixed.

2. No floats allowed in the pools: for a good reason. They block the sight for our life guards and they would not be able to notice a drowning underneath the inflatables, should such a thing happen. Such a thing has in fact happened many years ago and ever since inflatables have been banned from the pools. I hope you Will understand our decisión on the matter. You are more than welcome to use inflatables at the beach and on the other hand there is no obligation to buy them, of course.

3. Broken sunbeds are removed when noticed and replaced with new ones.

4. We have roughly about 40-50% of the área surrounding the pool covered with big "sails" to block the sun and give some shade. This is the only means to have everyone happy: I guess you wouldn't like to have your neighbour setting up an umbrela next to you and leaving you in the shade whilst you are trying to tan in the sun! If the sails are in fixed áreas, those wanting shade can make use of them and those wanting sun can stay in the sun unmolested.
Also a security issue: it can get windy on Mallorca and falling umbrellas can be dangerous.

5. The tiles used in the pools can fall off from constant use. Every Winter pools are emptied and refitted. Nevertheless these tiles, as far as I have seen them, pose no risk of injury and I would be much surprised about any cuts caused by them (their edges are round!). Nevertheless we take note of the issue to re-evaluate the risk and see if immediate actions need to be taken.

6. I'm a non smoker and I understand your concern. But we are a family hotel and not a prison. Many rules are already in place and still some freedom needs to exist for everyone to be able to enjoy their holidays. Although we do not have specific "non-smoker áreas", there is a lot of room outside for those who wish to be away from the noise and the crowd… and the smokers. Even though I sympathise with you on the matter, on this point I do not see how the hotel could be at fault.

7. It is 30ºC outside today, and this is not the warmest it gets. Leaving a full pint in the sun Will definitly ruin half of it before you can finish it. We also want to avoid people hording drinks that then Will be spilt by passers by and it seems just fair that everyone gets 2 drinks per turn. Nothing prevents you from going back to the bar again for new drinks after drinking those you already have.

8. We understand not everyone likes every food. Our buffet has always 1-2 meat dishes on offer, plus fish, plus chips, plus 1-2 different vegetable options, plus an entire salad buffet, plus a dessert buffet, plus bread, plus pizza. Should this not be enough, for lunch you also can go to our pizzería where we offer things like hot dogs, chicken Nuggets, burguers and similar. There is that much we can do in an all inclusive buffet type of restaurant and we can assure you that we offer the best possible quality within the range and Budget of a 3-star hotel. We are sorry to hear that you did not like our food, but we would need particular/specific proposals or suggestions to be able to ameliorate.

As stated at the beginning of this reply, the isue with the waiter at the restaurant Will be investigated. The incident, the way you presented it, would by no means have been aceptable to our standards.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused in any case.

9. During the mornings we do serve hot drinks at the snack and we do have a microwave there. Again, rules are in place for a reason and it is not posible to take food outside the designated áreas (snack and restaurant). This is adecuately advertised and should come at no surprise to anyone. This is a very basic health issue as we don't want food to end in the pool.
Another safety rule is that no wet or damp clothes are allowed inside the restaurant and bar.

10. Most guests are quite happy with the lovely beaches in Calas de Mallorca. I cannot understand in what way the hotel can be held responsable for a public beach, the prices of sunbeds offered by a private company on a public beach, or about jellyfish. We didn't put them there after all…
By the way, killing wild animals is not a good deed and I doubt it to be legal either. You go to the sea, you have animals. It's their home. If you don't want animals in your wáter, usewimming pools.

11. The hotel reminds all our guests that the noise levels need to be kept low and that their children must be supervised. This is common sense. But again, we are not a prison and our staff is not there to pólice everyone. If a complaint is made at reception, actions Will be taken to address the issue. Unruly guests can be expelled and have been expelled in the past. Again, everything that the hotel can do is done and we take actions whenever possible.
As mentioned before we Will speak to the security person to find out what happened exactly when you spoke to him, as the excuse aparenty given would not be acceptable to our standards. Should this have happened, this person Will be reprimanded.

Our hotel takes the claims and concerns of our guests seriously and we try to address them directly. Whenever we are at fault we Will take steps to correct the situation and avoid such incidents from happening again. But wherever this is not the case, or the complaints are about problems that are not under direct control or responsability of the hotel, we Will also say so to avoid readers from being confused or having false expectations. I hope you Will not take my extense reply as an attack in any way but we do want to take our stand when the blame is not on us.

As a whole we regret hearing that your holidays were far from a success, as our goal is always to make our guests happy. We would have liked to hear about all this concerns earlier, during your stay, so that meassures could have been taken to correct the situation. We hope that for your next visit to Mallorca you Will find a destination that better suits your needs and expectations. Until then, we wish you all the best and we offer you to stay in touch through our mail shoud you want to inform us with more detail about the incidents with our staff.