All reviews superior room juliet balcony beautiful village three star lovely hotel one night stay bar prices room was large an ideal base for exploring central location breakfast and dinner decent size street parking lovely view restaurants and bars wi fi malaga airport
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for just short of two weeks. We had just sold our property but needed to be around Frigiliana to sort out loose ends. What we liked about the hotel makes it a good choice for a one or two night stay. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable with large beds and plenty of space to avoid tripping over cases. They are clean and the bed linen is good quality. All the rooms face west and have balconies, though in the summer you have to retreat when they are in full sun. Fortunately all rooms have highly effective air conditioning. Wi-fi is good reception and available throughout the hotel.
We were less happy about two things. There are no rooms with a walk-in shower. My restricted mobility means that I cannot use an over-bath shower. Ingenuity was needed to stay clean and odour free during our lengthy stay. The bar/restaurant was seriously disappointing. It was closed between the end of breakfast service at 10 o'clock and the start of dinner service at 7.30. Nor were there any in-room drink making facilities. The buffet breakfast proved very restricted in practice; I breakfasted mainly on toast and a banana. The cold meats and cheeses had the look of items that were simply put out over and over until somebody ate them - little triangles of manchego type cheese were sweating gently on their tray, edges gently curled, whilst the bacon and fried eggs were cold, tired and greasy. In the evening we ate in only once. Fortunately just across the road there is a wide choice of places to eat and enjoy your meals, and even more choice if you go up Into the old part of the village.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank payasoru
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Although the rooms were reasonable and the hotel in a good location the food was diabolical and the atmosphere in the restaurant was positively depressing. The food was stale and looked as if it had been recycled. The fried eggs at breakfast were like rubber.There were no labels on the food so you didn't know what you were eating. One morning there were no eggs at all. I am a disabled traveller and I went on my own to visit my daughter who lives out there. I was there for 2 weeks on half board and after the first couple of days I couldn't face even entering the restaurant.One night the restaurant was closed and they sent me to another hotel for my meal.The food there was excellent and I asked if I could eat there for the rest of my holiday to which one member of staff said yes but the next morning I was told no. I asked for a refund of my half board and they refused. Eventually they offered me 50 euros which I refused because I deserved a total refund. So if part of your holiday is about enjoying good food do not go to the hotel Villa Frigiliana!

Room Tip: The main tip is not to eat at this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here for 6 nights on a house hunting trip as it is a good base with easy access to the A7.

I was in room 401 which is one of three with an open terrace with great views of both the countryside and Frigiliana town. The room itself is was of a good standard for a three star hotel and very clean. Spacious twin room and ample terrace with good air conditioning which was needed. Open terrace gets very hot throughout the day and into the evening.

Hotel itself feels authentically Spanish with helpful staff and colourful decor. Service was good, breakfast basic but decent, bar prices a little high.

Location for exploring Frigiliana is good with a car park opposite €10 per day or street parking for free a short walk away down the valley road.

Overall this is a good three star. The location and views are great, the price is sensible and the staff good. The addition of a fridge in each room would really benefit though.

Will stay here again in the future.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank aleccampbell_13
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We had a one night stay, the reception staff were very helpful - Well positioned hotel very close shops, restaurants and bars. Good parking opposite the hotel at a good price or free on the street if you are lucky. No hotel information in the room though the WiFi was very good. The room was comfortable with a nice Juliette balcony. Bathroom was well stocked with shower over bath. The breakfast was slightly disappointing, more suited to continental taste and the chef/waiter/maitre d treated us like prison inmates rather than guests. I was convinced he counting the number of coffees I had! Frigiliana is a very nice traditional village.

Room Tip: Best views from the higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Family get together just for one night in Frigiliana. The welcome and check in was excellent friendly service. The 3 rooms were well furnished with good quality linen on beds. Nice little Juliet balcony with great views over the hills and valleys. The bathroom was also very well appointed with a good selection of toiletries good powerful shower, and bath. My family had two standard rooms and mum had a superior double with terrace which was beautiful.
Breakfast was good though the waiter was a misery guts and hovered over us, generally officious and rather unfriendly, shame as the overall impression of other staff we met was excellent.

Room Tip: Our rooms were all on 5th (top) floor and were nice and peaceful. There is a lift!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family