“Excellent riding experience”

Ride With Me
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Coin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Looking for horse riding in Andalucia!!! Come Ride With Me, Ride In Spain, in Coin Malaga Spain. We are located in the beautiful small white village of Coin app 25,mins inland from Malaga, Marbella and Fuengirola on the Costa del Sol. Ride along mountain trails where the giant eagles soar in the gentle breeze, through lush forested valleys enjoying fantastic views on sure footed Andalucian horses, the best way to see the Andalucian countryside. It will be an unforgettably wonderful day.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can highly recommend booking a trip with Kalle. My boyfriend and I went on the Sierra Blanca ride as it had a good length for our travel plans and the trip was amazing. Before booking a trip I read the comments here at TripAdvisor and wrote Kalle and Carol via email to find out more about the booking information and Carol replied within a short time. Carol was nice and kind to talk to and I decided to book the trip.
Having GPS on the phone, the place was easy enough to find, however, upon arrival it was a bit difficult to find the actual place, but shortly after we were greeted by their very sweet dogs which also joined us on the trip.
Kalle was a great tour guide and easy to talk to. He also help out my boyfriend with some tips on how to ride the horse as he has less experience and when there was enough space we would do a galop.

Karl-Johan S, Owner at Ride With Me, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for joining us appreciating our lovely horses, dogs and the small menagerie of animals we have here at the ranch, our dogs sure are a funny source of entertainment when out riding with us on the trail rides, we do hope you join us again should you be in the area again.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"landscape"
"paths"

Reviewed 11 July 2018

Today we went on the sierra blanca ride with Kalle. We had an amazing experience, even while I had never ridden a horse before. Carol gave us a very warm welcome and we immediately had the feeling we were taken good care of. The dogs immediately came running at us and gave us a pleasent welcome. The horses looked great and were very sweat and are reliable.

One of the reasons we keep our groups small is so we have hands-on contact at all times with our riders, keeping our beginner and experienced riders in their own groups, unless it is people like yourselves 1 beginner and one experienced, therefore taking just the 2 of you this way you can relax and enjoy and ride at a pace you are most comfortable with, our dogs are pretty special of ourse as well as our lovely horses.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Before returning to Spain we looked for an authentic riding experience, one where both my wife (an experienced rider) and myself (a novice at best) could enjoy the amazing scenery that in land Costa del Sol could offer. We trawled website after website and found them all (bar one) to be the typical “tourist attraction advertisement”. They offered amazing rides along beaches etc etc yet they were worded in such a way that you could blatantly see that the “authentic riding experience” would make you feel as though you were part of a package deal, or just another person with euros in your back pocket.

Ride with me - Ride in Spain was different in every way. From the first contact with Carol we knew we were dealing with someone who was not only passionate about what they were doing, but also passionate about her clients receiving a truly authentic experience with only one goal. For us to enjoy every moment and remember it forever. Her reply emails were well worded and carefully constructed to ensure we understood them as well as them understanding us. We knew that Ride with me - Ride in Spain was our only choice from the plethora of other equestrian trekking centres available. We booked for the Monday evening 2 hour Sierra Blanca tour and made our way over to Coin for 7pm. Upon arriving we were greeted with the most friendly rescue puppy you have ever met, Carol made herself over and introduced herself to us, no expensive gadgetry and pompous welcome, a solid grounded and refreshing “hola” and I knew immediately we were in good hands. Carol introduced us to her “menagerie” 3 rescue dogs, a family of cats and there was even talk of two goats! Entering the Nacimiento Carol chatted away and got to know us as well as letting us get to know her. There was no rushed feeling, there was no feeling like a number, there was purely the feeling that we were being cared for. We chatted about her herd and ours! We chatted about her history and also Kalle’s, who we yet had to meet. Through the curtain out of the Nacimiento I could see three beautiful Andalucian horses tacked and ready to go, western tack with Spanish Vaquero saddles sat atop these glorious animals and they stood patiently waiting. Then in strolled Kalle, a Swedish/Spanish Modern day Cowboy is how my wife referred to him and he sure was that. With all four of us in the room we learnt that the horses were all rescue animals. Either found or donated to the couple who spent time rehabilitating them back to health and riding fitness. My wife and I were in our element, not only was everything going perfectly but to learn that the care and attention that these two wonderful people were putting into their livelihood was beyond par.

“Are you ready?” said Kalle, yes we were. Out we went and we were introduced to the other horses, 4 more beautiful Andalucians, 3 typical greys and a dark bay, oh and a Shetland with the best attitude ever! In trotted the goats too! We were shown the saddles and tack, it was very refreshing to see such a kind and natural approach, all horses were ridden in hackamores (bit-less bridles) to ensure that more heavy handed novices like myself would not cause any unnecessary harm to the horses mouths. We mounted with the wife first on Alegra, me second on Cisco and Kalle leading on Serrano and we were off (well not quite I meandered off around the yard for a moment as Cisco teased the novice on his back) towards the forest and up away from Coin we headed towards the Sierra Blanca. Kalle expertly explained the best way to me of how to ride Western and was also a mind of information about the local habitat and history. Pointing out different things and landscapes which had been determined as far back as slaves during the Roman Empire. Kalle turned in his saddle and matter of factly said “now we go for a gallop yes?” and that we did, three Andalucian horses galloping across the Spanish mountain sands has got to be one of the most exhilarating things I have every done not to mention that that was my first gallop ever! The wife’s grin was from ear to ear, being experienced i thought that maybe this trek would be a little mundane for her, but the gallop had just turned the tables, this was something we were both absolutely loving! Up we went through winding forest and beautiful scenery until we popped out at a point on the Sierra Blanca where you could see all the way to the coastline and the mountains in the background! Wow! I will never forget that for as long as I live! Kalle had all the while been telling us different things, I’ve been coming to the Costa del Sol for the best part of 12 years and I learnt more in 2 hours with him than I have in over a decade.

The descent was just as amazing as the ascent, leaning back into those amazing saddles we made our way down the mountain on these magnificent sure footed animals. Not missing a stride, not relenting and not making me, a novice feel unsafe we headed back towards the forest, another gallop at the bottom and we came into a clearing and to our left the sun had started to set. The scenery was breath taking and to be a part of this atop a horse even more so. Kalle grinned and asked us to ride side by side, and then came the
command “kick!” And we were off for our final gallop of the evening, and what an enjoyable gallop it was, I’d found my stride and rhythm and the feeling was beyond exhilarating! Kalle sped past one hand on his reins the other holding his mobile phone videoing the whole experience! Feeling on top of the world we slowed and made our way back to the Nacimiento and dismounted our steeds. Lots of pats and “good boys” whilst the wife helped Kalle tether them near their hay and we went inside for a cold drink! Carol was waiting for us and was just as excited as we were about the whole experience. Her smile said it all, she cared and loved that we had had an amazing time.

Kalle and Carol are superb hosts, the partnership is beyond compare and their little bit of paradise in the Spanish countryside is there for everyone to enjoy, if I ever manage to be half the horse man that Kalle is then I never need worry as the connection this man has with his herd is second to none. We plan on returning soon and when we do we will be calling Carol ahead to book again! This you can guarantee!

Karl-Johan S, Owner at Ride With Me, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

WOW, such a warm genuine heartfelt review you have given us, we can feel this has truly come from the heart, We are fortunate that the work we do is also our passion and feel this reflects on our lovely horses people that join us for riding and appreciate our menagerie of animals we have, a small hands-on company we are, no rush no stress just sheer joy and pleasure we like to offer people. When we have people like yourselves that join us that also have an equal passion for animals and appreciate the beauty of nature it brings a smile to our faces. Kalle is not just a guide his knowledge of the area and love of history reflects also when he is out with our riders in explaining the history of the area we are surrounded by.

Thank you so very much for your lovely review, we very much hope you do join us again here at our ranch.

Saludos

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful ride in the beautiful countryside for our honeymoon. Stopped for dinner which was also wonderful! We could tell from the very beginning that we were in great hands and Kalle and Carol are so welcoming and helpful! Even helped us with a ride back to our accommodations when ours got very very lost! Would absolutely recommend!

Jennifer & James

Karl-Johan S, Owner at Ride With Me, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Happy to hear you enjoyed your honeymoon ride with us, appreciated our lovely surroundings and beautiful well-behaved horses, a pit stop for tapas is an added addition to what we offer the people that join us, a little spanish venta tucked away up here in the mountains gives people the opportunity to enjoy some authentic spanish tapas, hope the rest of your honeymoon was also enjoyable.