Reviews (1 043)
1 043 results
All reviews sunday lunch pool party mini suite pool bar vip beds pool staff live entertainment wedding party sea view evening entertainment fantastic views short break glenn oceana violinist frankie spain
64 - 69 of 1 043 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We booked several months ago to spend my daughters 21st birthday meal at this lovely hotel and restaurant. We had been to a family party 12 months ago and the place is a different class to those around it. We arrived early to enjoy a drink whilst taking in the fantastic views of the sea. We were met by very friendly staff who showed us to a nice table on the patio and we ordered our drinks. Service was quick friendly and we did not feel anything else than very welcome.
The meal was of high standard in a lovely dining room again with fantastic views over the sea. The resident musician did a great job entertaining and at the end of the meal played happy birthday for my daughter.
The bill was slightly higher than we had been paying during our stay in the area but we knew it would be a bit more costly given the high standard offered.
This is the point of my only complaint... I will leave a tip when I visit restaurants but it is what I want to give. I do not like food bills coming to me with a service charge on it. I do not like to feel I am being forced to pay a charge that was more expensive than one of the great meals we had just had and my rule is if it is put on the bill I ask for it to be removed. Staff attitude towards us did change slightly when I asked for this but let’s not take anything away from what was a fantastic night in a lovely hotel setting celebrating a very special occasion. Highly recommend a visit and we will be going back.. just let me decide what tip to leave!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
OceanoAdmin, Public Relations Manager at El Oceano Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you, Steven, for such a comprehensive review and your recommendation! It's always great to hear a happy guest and, your gratuity caveat aside, we hope you'll come back to see us again. You're always welcome!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We regularly stay at the El Oceano Beach Hotel, and what a hotel it is! The location and pool area are paradise, and the hotel itself is beautiful. The food is great, the rooms are fantastic, and the staff are always so friendly and helpful; they can't do enough! We wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting the Costa del Sol. Can't wait for a return visit!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room with balcony, worth the extra price!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Nor can we!! Thanks so much for such a fantastic review!! Please come back soon, you'll always be welcome!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Impeccable service, the team here at Oceano are outstanding, second to none. The food is amazing the views impeccable and the staff sooo attentive. You have made us feel so very welcome. Can’t wait to come back. Thanks Chico’s and Chica’s

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

You are very welcome!! Thanks for such a kind review! Come back as soon as you can, you're always welcome!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Hotel is situated in a great spot with sun beds and dining room overlooking the ocean. Spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated and the food is wonderful. The big let down for us was the attitude of the staff who seemed more interested in themselves than their guests. Service was abrupt and bordering on rude. Hotels in this sort of price bracket and size usually make it their business to get to know their guests a little and at least recognise them. After five nights I was still being asked if I was a resident and on one occasion they actually asked me the name on the room number I was giving, as though I really shouldn’t have been there! I was travelling with friends and we are all middle aged ladies. Such a shame as the hotel is lovely but the lack of warmth and welcome from the staff (with the exception of the lady from Liverpool on reception) was sadly lacking and spoilt our stay.

Room Tip: Had a double room with no sea view, which was perfectly adequate. Do check a/c though as ours struggled.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Good morning and thank you for your review. Naturally, we're a little saddened to read your comments, not to mention, surprised. Our teams have a great reputation for professional and attentive service and we're very proud of that. If a guest is asked for room number and name, it is simply because we have such a high number of hotel guests and non-hotel guests that avoiding any confusion or mistakes with billing is important - it is never intended to be, in any way negative. Again, thank you for your comments and hope you will return to see us, you will always be welcome.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Went to the restaurant with our family and had a wonderful time .
The ambience is superb and it is all so well presented.
The staff are excellent always make you feel special and valued which is great .
We all had wonderful meals of superb quality and well presented .
A special evening in a special place .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
OceanoAdmin, Public Relations Manager at El Oceano Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

With very special guests!! Thanks so much John for your review and five stars! We hope we'll see you again very soon!