Ibis Porto Gaia(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$71
US$113
Mercure Porto Gaia(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$91
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Porto Gaia(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$88
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Cliphotel(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$90
  • Bar/Lounge
Charm GuestHouse Douro(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$82
Hotels.com
Gaia Rooms(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$45
Bridge It(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$125
The Yeatman(Vila Nova de Gaia)
US$495
  • Pool
All reviewsone night staynice staysmall roomthe riverstayed for nightsvisiting portoroom was cleangaiaaccoreurosleepshowerinternetcitymicrowave
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This Ibis will give you the level of service and the level of hotel that one can expect for these type of chain hotel to give. it is a good place to stay at, if you are looking for somewhere to stay That has good connections to the city it's got a Good size parking. Do be ware that the parking is shared between two hotels and the entrance to it is quite tricky. As any ibis would this hotel has a restaurant but I would certainly recommend you try the bacalao with egg they serve, it might not be the best but if you can't go out for a meal, that would be the best dish that you can choose from the whole menu. Do be worn that the offers they have for meals are not the best. Check and compare before you order.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Antonio L
Management response:Responded 5 September 2016

Dear António,
Thank you for your kind coments regarding to your stay in Hotel Ibis Budget Porto Gaia I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team. We work in order to get your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Lisete Afonso- Direction Assistant

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very good and clean,and rate they charge is very reasonable,I would say more: I think is the best hotel, quality - price in Oporto!
The staff very helpful and friendly !!
Every time I travel to Oporto, I stay there, it is my second stay of ten day each ( last year and this one )
My congratulations to the management !!

Note: Next year I hope to be there as well

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 27 September 2016

Dear Sir Félix,

Thank you for your kind coments regarding to your stay in Hotel Ibis Budget Porto Gaia .I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team. We work in order to get your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Lisete Afonso-Direction Assistant

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Clean and tidy but as is usual for the brand, very uncomfortable beds and pillows. Our room had no soap and no towels but the receptionist brought some up within 10 mins of our call. The location is king here, you're close to one of the nicest shopping centers of Porto/Gaia and a short drive away from the amazing port wine cellar street at the riverside.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel d
Management response:Responded 22 August 2016

Dear Daniel
Thank you for your comments and I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in Hotel Ibis Budget Porto Gaia .Our goal is to get your satisfaction in our services. In order to get that, I'll all the measures in order to improve our services.
Lisete Afonso-Direction Assistant

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Staff very friendly, fairly easy to reach and with clean light rooms and comfortable beds. Breakfast plentiful and varied. A small issue with our room not being ready on arrival was resolved immediately by helpful and friendly staff. Recommend.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Ana H
Management response:Responded 11 August 2016

Dear Ana,
Thank you for your coments and for taking time to write a review about your stay in hotel.... We treat all of our comments seriously and will be dealt with accordingly. Our goal is to improve our services in order to get your satisfaction.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Lisete Afonso- Direction Assistant

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The hotel is your typical Ibis budget where you know, or almost know your going to get a clean room and a good nights sleep....not in this one.
We arrived and had problems paying as we didnt have enough money in our account to pay for the hotel, why! because the hotel took 75 euros for a pre-booking fee just before we arrived so we didnt have the right amount of money for the hotel. If the hotel didnt take the money then we would have been fine and paid the bill, however my partners father used his card to settle the account on arrival.

We would have accessed our bank account to transfer funds to our second account however the reception wouldnt give us access to the internet until we paid the bill??
The booking was made with "Pay at property no prepayment needed"!!

Moving on, the rooms were clean and tidy as expected by Ibis, however the rooms are really noisy due to cardboard walls, hearing your room neighours entering and leaving their rooms with the tv loud.

The breakfast was also pretty basic with little more than bread, a chocolate pastry and some cereals with yogurts and milk. For the first time i tasted coffee that wasnt coffee, still trying to work that one out! For 3,90 euro, pretty sad especially when the place was packed.

Room cleaning was always carried out in the morning as you returned from Porto to have a siesta so your room doesnt get cleaned unless you wait in the lobby. Room cleaning is normally done in the morning when your out!!

The hotel is situated at the far west of Porto which doesnt have great access to porto by foot and there is no public transport close by.

Recommendation
Stay here if your transiting through Porto, dont eat breakfast, go to the local cafe at the bottom of the hill and they charge 5 euros for 3 people, coffee, snacks and orange juice.
Don´t stay here if you want to visit Porto every day, as you will have a long walk unless you order a taxi.
There is another Ibis across the street, approx 50m from the Ibis budget, much better but more expensive.

Room Tip: Choose one with no neighbours
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 August 2016

Dear Gary

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Lisete Afonso- Assistente de Direcção