All reviews continental breakfast is open the window quiet hotel public transport rooms are clean comfortable bed short stay two nights recommend this hotel the river gaia taxi euros microwave porto city portugal
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Room was small, but nice and cozy. Renovation on progress thus loud voices in our room, otherwise there was no other disturbances. Free parking outside. Access to the hotel a bit tricky, got a few wrong turns along the way. Overall, just a nice budget hotel on its price range.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Bastos S, Manager at Ibis Porto Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2015

Dear Heru Adi,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Porto Gaia. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Comfortable stay, with friendly and helpful staff. It is best to have a car with this hotel, which has ample free parking. There are no restaurants or shopping close by. the continental breakfast is OK but I believe it is over priced as with all of the Ibis hotels.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2015

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Bastos S, Manager at Ibis Porto Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Reviewed 5 June 2015 via mobile

We stopped here for 1 night between flights from the UK to the Azores.
We chose it for value and it didn't disappoint, taxi from casa de musica cost just €7 and only took 5 mins to reach the hotel.
We were greeted with a smile by the reception team and given all the information we needed for the 1night stop.
Bar staff were friendly and attentive, I would advise against the breakfast if you have time in the morning to head into e city as for a continental it was quite pricey.
Rooms were adequate although a little dated and the use of artex was a little excessive. The new beds are amazing and a really good size
Would defiantly consider this hotel again

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee E

Thank you for your kind coments regarding to your stay in Hotel Ibis Porto Gaia
I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team. We work in order to get your satisfaction.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 January 2015

We stayed one night and found the hotel fine..although a bit of a nightmare to get to from the motorway. Still once my passenger had recovered from my 'innovative' driving, we parked up and went inside. The staff were very helpful although they said they couldn't give us a room with a sea view. However, the rather nice cleaning lady checked her schedule and called reception to say she had just finished a sea view room and so we moved. Excellent and worthwhile as we looked out on the Atlantic, across the harbour. Reception booked a taxi for us and advised on where we should go - spot on..down to the river to enjoy the late afternoon view of the Douro and enjoy a glass of red wine..cheap, good red wine. Overall, cheap, clean, city centre location with parking..just what we wanted.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the sea side and on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JaneR123

Thank you for your kind comments regarding to your stay in Hotel Ibis Porto Gaia I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team.

We work in order to get your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards