“The best dining experience ever...”

Gastronomic Restaurant The Yeatman
Reserve with
Gastronomic Restaurant The Yeatman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$52 - US$163
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the classic comfort of The Yeatman restaurant, guests will experience inspired cuisine with the accent on fresh local produce and on the imaginative pairing of food and wine. The pool lounge will provide a relaxed contemporary ambiance in which to enjoy a healthy light meal or gourmet snack while taking in the spectacular panorama of the city. Light dishes and sandwiches are also served in Dick’s Bar with its wide choice of cocktails, wines and Ports.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this restaurant because we learned it was great. What we did not expect was that it was far beyond our expectations. We chose the 6 course degustation paired with wines. The Chef started with some gift degustations before our actual degustation dishes. Every single dish, every single flavor, the art developed in each dish, the uniqueness and perfectly chosen mix of flavors. It was a true dining extravaganza. The staff enhanced the experience. Young portuguese employees that strived hard to please us, speak our language and make us feel like home. Chef Ricardo Costa is a Top Chef. They made our night in Porto one to always remember...

Write a ReviewReviews (1 025)

9 - 13 of 1 027 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went yesterday for dinner. It was the best experience i have ever been. The waiter Sergio made our experienve even better. The food was excellent . We payed 160€ per perdon, but it worth it. We tasted 19 dishes and they changed us forks and knives 12 times. Everybody should visit the restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really wanted to go to this restaurant, and I even thought I wanted to stay at the hotel, but something turned me away from booking the hotel, and I only booked the Gastronomic Restaurant. Thankfully. One of my favorite meals of our trip to Portugal!! I said it once, and will say it again, I truly enjoyed their menu, it was absolutely inventive, playful, and beyond mouthwatering. My only complaint, is the once it get's dark out, you don't get to see the food you are eating unless you illuminate it with your horrible i-Phone lighting.. Once it's dark out, forget about seeing your food's beauty and amazing presentation.
The service was extremely sufficient, thought we were told the meal would take 2 and 1/2 hours, it really took 3 and 1/2 hours. And we took the smaller of the two menus, without the wine paring. We loved the service though, and their sense of humor. It was perfect for the evening.
One tiny sour note.. The Music. Every song that played was almost embarrassing. Is there no music director, to choose some cool, fun, even sexy music to the restaurant? I mean what was played could best be described as a miss mash of rock, classical, poorly played Jazz.. A MISH MASH. Please fix the music, it was painful.
I still give you 5 stars.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Woooow! What an amazing experience!!! We experienced a tasting menu there and believe me it is terrific! It is always difficult for French like us to believe that you can eat so well elsewhere :-) but truth has to be told and it was one of our favorite restaurant in all our entire life! We have done many other 2 or 3 stars Michelin but this one was incredible by its creativity and the amazing association of taste. This is not a restaurant that only build its cuisine on technical prowess...dishes looked like they have been created by a painter, with such sensibility, in each of them by looking at them and by tasting them you really felt that you understand the story he is trying to explain to you!!! The tuna sandwich was extraordinary, so was the veal with the caviar and the tomate espuma. The wagyu with the kumquats was amazing, the chicken, and all the rest was extraordinary!!! There were to many dishes to speak about them all but the level was always incredibly high!!!

Special thanks also for the paring wines we were given, we discovered such a diversity of Portuguese wine who completed so well the food!

The yeatman is definitely in our top 10 experience

Thank you so much for this unbelievable experience!!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic food, one of the best tasting menus I’ve ever eaten. Service was as you would expect from a Michelin starred restaurant. I would agree that the decor in the restaurant is a little dated, but it doesn’t in any way detract from the amazing food.