“Perfect stay for exploring Douro Valley”
other travellers have booked this property
Room with a double bed Appartment Villa 1 - Living and dining room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Room with a double bed
Appartment Villa 1 - Living and dining room
Another view dining and living room
In living room have  twin bed,
Bedroom view - double bed
Lobby
Bathroom view
Another Bathroom view
Bathroom view
Another Bathroom view
Kicthen view
Terrace for sunbathing and leisure
Another Terrace view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brave-Pet...
Bath
“One day stopover”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We took the downstairs apartment to this house and would rate it good. It was well equipped having one double room, two single beds in another room and a put u up in the lounge/dining/kitchen. It was quite comfortable and would suit a family self catering very well. The recreational area at the back could do with sprucing up but we were also offered the use of the larger area on the next garden level backing on to the upper apartment. The house is built into the hill and is on the second level up from the road with about 30-40 steps to get up to it from the road. We had difficulty finding it on the road. It is between two shops on the main road up a flight of steps then along a passage way. There is no signage either in the street or on the property. We were very lucky that when we stopped to ask directions we had approached a family member who was very helpful even insisting to carry both our cases to the apartment. He gave us lots of information and showed us around. The only time that I saw the owner was when I paid although I gather from other reviews the owner is usually very helpful. We had internet in the kitchen.
It would be good value for a family but was not that good for two comparing it to other places we stayed in the area. Pinhao is a lovely place to visit and if you just wanted to chill out then a few more days then this would be a good place to stay.
The car parking is in the street if you can find a place to park.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Well equipped even down to a pack of Uno cards
Liked least: The location up a lot of steps
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
4 Oct 2014
Thanks for your visit. It is always a pleasure to welcome our guests, because it is with great affection that we do.
The Douro is built in time, and if it were not so, all the beauty of their stones not exist in the idyllic landscape of the Douro.
As the owner I try to always be present to receive and be with the guests, but as I have other work out, it is also natural that sometimes I can not always be present.
I have full confidence in who represents me to receive and give information about the area in my absence, that is my daughter and her boyfriend for quite affectionate and friendly sign.
My tourist accommodation Contrary what you say, think and know from surveys that my price per stay is the cheapest in that area at the midpoint of the Douro / pinion, and is increasingly sought after by tourists who want to stay several nights there, going out every day to visit all regions of Douro and always coming back at night to sleep. Couples, both young and more mature feel more relaxed and able to have a deeper knowledge about the region's beauty that makes it unique.
Keep returning.
Maria João Botelho. june 2014
966MarioG
Dornbirn, Austria
“Perfect stay for exploring Douro Valley”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Many thanks for making my stay in Pinhão unforgetable. Regardless that I was looking for a place like Pinhão (small, silent, calm), Maria João and her charming daughter Rita very supporting me with all informations needed (hiking, Quintas, restaurants, coffeeshops, bars). Pinhão might be small, but still it will take some time to try everything out - so thanks to them the stay was very "efficient" ;)

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 25-34
26 May 2014
It's good to feel that our work begins to be valued. Thanks for the kindness and generosity you gave us.
I like to think back to see my guests.
See you soon.
Maria Joao Botelho
msophia20...
Berlin, Germany
“Excellent conditions for price and very friendly hosts”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 for a stay in June 2013

My friend and I visited Douro Valley in the summer and stayed in what I found at the time the best price option for in-town stay in Pinhão. It turned out also to be a very pleasant time for us much better than a note since it has personal touches. The apartment was cozy and well-equipped with everything you may need if you want to feel at home (including in the kitchen where you can prepare meals). We were greeted with fresh cherries and homemade cake, and a bottle of the local port was waiting for us in the living room. The property has a nice terrace where you can relax outdoors (or eat if you wish), only few minutes away walk from the cater of the small town and the river, 10 min to the train station. We had some very nice conversation with the hosts and got lots of helpful advice and even went on a nature walk down the river with them one of the days. My friend and I both carry very fond memories from our trip and the warm people we met in our hosts! Definitely will recommend to friends.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
26 May 2014
Our project for the tourism was: Much work, but like love and joy. Never forget and always think the best way for our guests to feel comfortable, especially during your stay, feel at home.
We are very happy at the end when we receive as much affection and friendship exchange.
See you soon.
Maria Joao Botelho
ohbree14
København, Danmark
“Perfect place for getaway”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 for a stay in February 2014

One of the most comfortable place we’ve stayed while traveling in Portugal. We have been around staying in hotels and hostels during our trip and this place gives us a homey atmosphere. That is what every travellers want to experience - a home away from home. The place has a fresh atmosphere. It is newly renovated so everything is clean. It has the view of the mountains in one of the rooms. I like the set up of the garden upstairs where you could enjoy a sweet conversation with the owner while drinking porto wine.

Maria and her daughter are very helpful with us. She arranged our tour around Duoro Valley. They were also very helpful with us since we are three girls travelling by car. She showed us the easiest way to our next destination.

If you are traveling Douro Valley, I would highly recommend this place. You would get the value for your money and had a chance to experience a total relaxing trip.

I would definitely comeback and stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The homey atmosphere and the hosts
Liked least: I can't think of any
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 May 2014
A thank you for your visit was a pleasure to welcome you mainly see a huge affection from you and miss you we made friends we'd come back to see maybe one day.
We feel good because we still from time to time in contact. It is so rewarding that it's worth having done a house to welcome tourists and do almost familiar friends.
A special thank you for being so.
Maria João Botelho
InekeRoel
Utrecht
“Very nice appartement in Pinhao”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

We had a really good time in Pinhao. The hosts were very friendly and the house was very well equipped. This is definitely a place to come back to.

Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Very nice and friendly people, good service
Travelling group: Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 May 2014
Thank you for your stay at Holiday Botelho Elias.
Were a very nice couple.
I'm waiting for a new visit in your Portugal.Foram very gentle and loving in the comments they made.
Maria João Botelho.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing