“Nice views and great food”

Coral Food And Wine
Ranked #30 of 417 Restaurants in Quarteira
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were looking for somewhere fairly authentic (non-touristy) with good food, a view of the sea and a tv to show the World Cup games. This place fit the bill! Lovely food (with the exception of the chicken that was too chewy), great sea views, amazing tapas and everything was reasonably priced. I much prefer Quartiera to the super touristy and bland Villamoura. The service was great too. I would highly recommend this place for a more authentic Portuguese experience.

3  Thank SLDSanFrancisco_CA

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for dinner and were welcomed by the nicest waiters. Great food - we recommend getting at least four tapas for two persons - that’s more than enough. Also, their lovely rosé is a must have.

I cannot recommend this enough. Definitely go here for local food at a very good price.

1  Thank Anton G
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Make sure you don’t mistake the Coral beach bar for this restaurant as we almost did! The restaurant is on the path facing the beach but we almost sat at the beach bar of the same name. Interiors of this place are lovely and the atmosphere was nice a relaxed for a late lunch. Crispy prawns with garlic mayo were the nicest prawns we’ve ever had - incredibly succulent and meaty! The food is very good for a very reasonable price, service fab and view out over the sea is beautiful.

2  Thank AshKate139
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Stumbled across this following a bike ride. Great food, served quickly with a stunning view. We had a variety of tapas dishes. A particular favourite would be mushrooms either with port wine or cheese / bacon / tomato. Crispy dishes (chicken and prawn) were lovely. Variety of options including veg. One dish we wouldn't recommend is the avocardo toast as the cinnamon and honey overpowered the avocardo. Would visit again.

1  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Staying in Vilamoura and I got nothing against hotdogs, but I’m relieved to have finally found a gaff which doesn’t list hot dogs and burgers on their tapas menu.

I know some people like to travel abroad while avoiding all contact with local cuisine, but that’s not for me. I rate this restaurant highly regardless, but it gets bonus points for not catering to the “burger and chips” brigade which dominates the area. It deserves even more bonus points for the price of my bill today which included two bottles of wine, tapas for four and deserts while it still came to less than yesterday’s disgusting lunch served at a leading hotel in Vilamoura.

The menu is varied enough, not the best, but the end products were cooked to perfection, served by friendly competent staff and in a nice seafront location.

To be fair I walked my kids so far trying to avoid ordering pizza and chips that any attempt to serve something remotely continental would have been a win for me; but this place does genuinely look good, the food is good and the overall experience there is to be applauded.

I will attempt to find a better tapas restaurant while I am here, but from what I have seen I expect that I will be returning to Coral a few more times yet before returning home.

1  Thank Lain_Coubert