All reviews rooftop pool il mosaico michelin star restaurant shuttle service five star main restaurant beautiful hotel breakfast buffet included in our package superb service turn down service san montano the wi fi club sandwich a real treat takes about minutes hotel shuttle
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Terme Manzi came highly recommended, and enjoys many favorable Trip Advisor reviews. I wish I could add to the praise, but we were disappointed.

I put aside my lack of enthusiasm for the décor—a cross between a Las Vegas and a Hollywood interpretation of an ancient Roman villa. But it’s hard to praise the design of a room that has no night tables next to the bed; maybe there was no need in ancient Rome for a place to put a mobile phone or glasses near the bed, but modern travelers expect such things. We were also greeted by an air conditioning system that didn’t work; after a phone call to the desk and a delay of a half an hour or so, it worked too well: it was set to cool to a chilling 18 degrees and couldn’t be adjusted, until another phone call brought relief. The TV never worked. The wi-fi was infuriatingly slow. The mattress was very hard and gave me a shoulder and back ache.

The breakfast buffet was surprisingly ordinary. The service was slow and most of the wait staff were inattentive. We waited about 10 minutes for someone to offer us coffee, and another 15 minutes for it to arrive. One morning we came to breakfast at 10:15 am (breakfast is served until 10:30) and many of the plates on the buffet were empty. Nothing like a nearly-empty dish of scrambled eggs to start the day.

The spa was quite nice and we had excellent massages. And the fine dining restaurant, Il Mosaico, was even better than its one-star Michelin rating promised, both as to the imaginative cooking and warm, attentive service.

This hotel could be so much better. This one cries out for a better management team. Perhaps I should not have been surprised when, on checking out, no one asked if we had enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: There are no views of the ocean from this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JerryF20
ManagementTM, Direttore at Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear JerryF20,

I thank you for your time to review your stay with us.
I'm glad to enjoyed our Restaurant Il Mosaico and our Spa.
I'm sorry to learn that hotel style didn't match your taste. During the big renovation, the owner asked to the architect to make his hotel a testimonial of Ischitan history.
For that reason the guest find here many different style Greek, Turkish and Byzantine which coexist together as a typical Ischitan person.
These influences are scattered throughout the entire hotel except for the spa.
The room you booked is our Suite Garibaldi, which is very well explained for the style and the bed size.
This suite has antiques inside as the night tables from Napoleon time with a retractable compartment to put glasses, book or mobile phone.
I apologize if you find our service at the breakfast slow and an inattentive staff, I guarantee you I shared your comment with the entire team.

Our goal is to pamper all our guests and take care of them making them spend a most pleasant stay and enjoying all our facilties.
I'm really sorry if it didn' happen to you and hope you will give us a second chance to show you how we can do better.

Kind regards
The GM

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

So I have to confess, this review is so late it’s beyond rude but that fact we are remembering fondly our stay 7 months later is testament to the quality of the experience. The building is stunning with an incredible decor, a roof top pool and an impressive spa. I actually preferred the indoor thermal water pool for relaxation. The food is stunning and we went twice to the fine dining restaurant. The local recommendations were also great. You are a 15 min walk or 5min cab to the water front.
However, the main reason im writing this review 7 months later is the staff. From the manager to Aldo who made the bed negroni, they were genuinely friendly and engaging. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Termi Manzi for the first week of our honeymoon and it did not disappoint! What a beautiful hotel, with a great spa, outdoor pool and a fantastic Michelin star restaurant. What really makes this hotel stand out is the service - they go above and beyond to organise everything for you and make your stay as relaxing and special as possible. Thank you!

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Rachael_Delev
ManagementTM, Direttore at Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Rachael_Delev,
Thank you very much for the time that you have dedicate to the Terme Manzi Hotel & SPA writing your amazing review.
We are very proud to have you in the next future, this is why me and all the Staff all together, we can only to say, Thank you and Thank you very much.

With kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We loved the service, location, beauty and comfort! Full luxury experience from check in to the Michelin * restaurant & thermal spa!! They recently had renovations. As a luxury travel planner in Los Angeles, this is my #1 pick for Ischia!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Marydann,

I would like to thank you in advance for your lovely review, that give us more power to carryon on this professional way.
The title is more than 1000 words, hoping to have you again at the Terme Manzi Hotel & SPA as one of the most our valued customers.
We can only say Thank you very much!
Kind regards

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 10 nights and had a great time. The first thing to mention is how great the staff were, very friendly and helpful. This goes from the ladies who cleaned our room all the way to the manager at the top. The room was nice and clean, and this goes for all the facility's as well. The access to the beach is real bonus even though it's a 15 minute trip in the hotel shuttle, it is well worth spending some time there. The hotel spa facility's are great and the spa pool is a real treat . The pool on the roof is very good with lovely views . The breakfast was nice enjoyed them all. The location is not that great, but they run a shuttle service which was handy and the front of the town is a 15 minute walk down hill. Also there is a bus stop right outside, all day tickets can be bought at the paper shop next to it for about €4. The hotel is just around the corner from a supermarket so you can buy stuff for your days out like water and pop . I would like to think that I will be visiting this hotel again .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
ManagementTM, Direttore at Terme Manzi Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear fattystratty,

We don’t found any word to tell you Thank you very much.
Your review once again is the demonstration about our hard job to satisfice our estimate guest.
Me and all the Staff of the Terme Manzi Hotel & Resort we thank you again for the time that you have dedicate to us.
Waiting to host you in the next future.
Thank you- Thank you and Thank you again.