All reviews a family run hotel decent breakfast ideal location the bus sea view large terrace island ischia towns port roof hill
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Very nice family run hotel , very close to he Casamicciola port and also close to Ischia port. Bus stops just outside. The pool is heated and quite large. Lovely staff, very kind and always willing to help you.
The double rooms with sea view are perfect: the come with a large terrace. Very clean as well. Good breakfast with a lot of choices. We had dinner once there and it was good. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Double rooms with sea view/terrace
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Large, comfortable bedroom room and bathroom. Million dollar view if you get a room that opens onto the patio.A bit noisy as it overlooks a very busy road but the view more than compensates.Great staff. Decent breakfast.Great value.This was our second stay and we highly recommend it.

For a very special and unique adventure, book an "unofficial" Island tour through the hotel with Ciro Senese in his classic Mini-taxi! He only speaks Italian though. A wonderful man.

Room Tip: Book a room that opens onto the patio
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lhverticchio
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week here in September. Found the hotel quiet and peaceful. The rooms were old fashioned and basic, the beds were like sleeping on slabs, however it had good WiFi and a lovely sea view. The hotel staff were friendly, especially Domingo who spoke very good English and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel is slightly isolated on the top of the hill. You will need leave the hotel to eat, as the food is a real let down. Breakfast is very basic even by continental standards and only once did we have an afternoon meal, which was awful and that was only salad and chips! There is a lovely little fruit shop across the road to top up your meager breakfast and a wonderful, reasonably priced pizza restaurant halfway down the hill towards local town. Overall I would recommend the hotel, its less expensive than lots of the surrounding hotels, very quiet and relaxing, just don't expect any culinary delights! 3.5/5

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhodwel
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

The first time I came to Ischia I was 8 months old and I have been going back nearly every year. Obviously I always go back to Hotel Gemma. It's a family run Hotel and everyone is just so nice and welcoming. I love the thermal pool, roof tops overlooking at the sea and Ischia's towns and the amazing food. It's just a perfect combination of everything and I highly recommend this place, it is magical.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pop A
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Booked just one night for a night on ischia. Getting to the hotel in the dark was a challenge however we had a clean room with a huge balcony with a beautiful view over the port , islands and main land coast. Great breakfast too

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple