All reviews industrial kitchen meet other guests natural hot springs sean sunset island ischia garden port buses
Reviewed 8 March 2018

THE GOOD
Stayed here in the (very) dead season and was upgraded to a private room with ensuite which was amazing! The room had an amazing view of the ocean and I woke up every morning to the sound of waves crashing against the shore :).
Shaun (the owner) is hilarious and a great person to hang out with. He took us to a great little restaurant where he knew the staff and we had a great dinner.
Had an amazing sleep here because it was so peaceful.
The three dogs, Lupo, Tequila and Boop, are so friendly and really brighten the mood of the whole place. It was great to have dog cuddles when I was missing my own dog.

THE NEUTRAL FYI
The bed frames are metal and being near the ocean are a bit rusty but nothing horrible.
There is no breakfast in the off-season (totally understandable).
Stairs to the hostel are slanted downward and slippery when wet (just be careful and you'll be fine)
Blankets and towels are supplied and clean (good) but a little ratty. I had my own towel for showering and used one of the 2 supplied for going to the thermal pools so it was fine and there is nice flat and fitted sheets supplied to buffer from the itchy blanket.
Shower could use a deep cleaning (grout was a bit dirty) and a new shower curtain (little stains).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

It is one of the best hostels where I’ve stayed . The staff is very friendly , and they make great dishes as well ! Shaun is so funny and cute, and very good to talk with him about everything ! The dogs are just awesome . It was peaceful to be there ! Good for my soul .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I had some wonderful days in this hostel where I could find anything I needed.
A relaxed atmosphere, relaxed host and a nice view on the ocean makes you feel home.
Whenever I get the chance, I would come back again !

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
ParadiseBeachHostel, Owner at Paradise Beach Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Thanks, Simon. You were a really cool guy to have here too

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Oh my gosh this place was amazing! Shaun was an extraordinary host as he shared a meal and a glass of wine with us at a local restaurant the first night we were there to tell us about the island, he connected us with fellow guests staying at the hostel, and he sat us down after breakfast and pointed out all the best spots on Ischia on a custom-made map designed to help travelers get the best out of their experience! The view of the ocean is truly spectacular and the sound of the ocean is so serene. There is a beautiful cactus garden in the back and a magical walkway leading to the front door of the hostel. I loved it. The whole place is welcoming and homey, and is made even more so by his three adorable and friendly dogs! Thank you so much for the extraordinary time and memories, Shaun! :)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
ParadiseBeachHostel, Manager at Paradise Beach Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Yeah, us staff are pretty lucky to have Shaun as a boss too. And the place is serene and peaceful, just like you say, except when we have to listen to Shaun telling us how lucky we are! Thanks for the memories you left us too, and come again soon

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Great view from the hostel. Perfect for a short stay. Reccomended.
The only problem are the shared which are too packed. Too many beds for the space available.
The rest is just amazing.
Emoloyees are very nice and friendly.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Shared rooms can be occupied by others and if you're not used to this, it can be tough, eh, but we have private rooms too and we don't think our shared rooms are more packed than in other hostels throughout Europe or the world. Thanks for being a great guest