See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2017

A star too many, methinks. Rumour has it that rooms are being refurbished...I can't comment on the new ones, I was in an old room. A room that somehow reminded me of 70s 80s science fiction movie props...

Pros

Helpful, accommodating staff
Very comfy bed
Clean
Internet worked fine (but the hotel wasn't busy)
close to bus station
delicious food in restaurant

Cons
far from train station
not an exciting neighbourhood
a bit dated

Breakfast is your typical Italian cake/pastry overload type - nothing to write home about.

It won't take your breath away, but it's perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2016

This hotel is quite good, ideal for stays in the city of Avellino, being positioned quite centrally, so even without a car it´s reachable. If you have a car, its huge advantage is its covered underground parking.
I was suprised by a very nice room, which was recently restructured (and I noticed that rooms are being restructured) and was very comfortable, especially the bed was perfect. My room wasn´t very large, but it was OK for a short stay.
The breakfast was continental, unfortunately nothing cooked, but you could prepare your toasts, so not only sweets.
The staff is very professional and kind. The only disappointment was Wi-Fi which was very slow in my room.

Room Tip: Rooms not positioned to the main street are definitely quiter
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2016

We had a lovely stay in this clean and convenient hotel right in the heart of Avellino. The front desk staff were so kind and helpful--making calls on our behalf because our Italian was not very good.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2016

We stayed two nights and had a wonderful time. My husband's grandparents were both from Avellino and we wanted to experience the town. The green areas are beautiful. Even though we spoke no Italian and the residents spoke little English, with the help of my translator app on my Ipad and the graciousness of the people, we got along just fine. The restaurant in the hotel was wonderful and very affordable. This was our first time in Italy and we would love to go back some day and spend more time in Avellino. We would definitely stay at Viva Hotel again. The room was basic, but it a great location and such a friendly staff, we really didn't mind at all.

Stayed: May 2016
Reviewed 5 June 2016

I had to spend a few days in Avellino and I am very grateful that I found this nice hotel. The staff are really charming and helpful. The room, though not the biggest in the hotel, was very very comfortable, the bed perfect and also the bathroom.
Breakfast in the morning was nice. I also had dinner in the restaurant, the food is good and the staff attentive and nice.
Couldn't have found a better place. If I am back in Avellino I have not doubt, I shall shall stay at the Viva again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family