“Hiking in Naxos...Amazing!”
Review of Naxos Trekking

Naxos Trekking
Ranked #6 of 18 Tours in Naxos Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Naxos Trekking immerses visitors in the hidden Naxos. Naxos combines astonishing beaches with majestic mountain views. Pastures, farming fields, even lunar-like landscapes can be found here. Among them lie the scenic villages of Naxos linked together by a network of ancient footpaths. The hiking routes we suggest offer an unforgettable trekking experience.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a private hike with Yiota at Naxos Trekking and are so glad we did! We signed up for the Apeiranthos- Agia Kyriaki hike. Yiota was very easy to contact and was excellent at answering all our questions.

On the day of the hike she picked us up at our hotel and drove us to the start of the hike. The ride took about a hour and we had lively and interesting conversation the whole time. Yiota points out a lot about Naxos that people new to the island would never know. It is truly like having your own personal tour guide highlighting different areas of Naxos.

Once we got to the start of the hike, my wife and I were so impressed with the beauty and diversity on the trail. Again, Yiota is a wealth of knowledge and her love of the area clearly comes through. The hike itself was challenging but not too difficult. It was absolutely perfect after spending the previous day at the beach.

After the hike, Yiota took us to a truly local tavern. The place is hidden in the mountains and all the food comes right from the farm where it is located. There we ate wonderful dishes and got to enjoyi talking with Yiota about anything and everything.

We would highly recommend booking a hike with Naxos Trekking and hope we find ourselves back to Naxos at some point to do another one.

1  Thank Granville_travelers
naxos t, Διευθυντής at Naxos Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

You make us feel that we are fulfilling our cause, to make you taste the "real" island like we know it.

Thank you so much.

"information"
in 3 reviews
"tourists"

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My 2 daughters and I booked a private hike with Yiota to Apano Kastro and the surrounding villages. I wanted my girls, to see and experience more of Naxos than the beaches and this hike was the perfect opportunity. We enjoyed the hike to the castle where the views were simply stunning. Yiota provides so much information and history, and we enjoyed not only the physical beauty of the landscape, but seeing and learning so much along the way. Our favorite parts were the castle view at the top, learning about the early stone grave sites, Halki, and the Oleander "river" my daughter spotted. The tavern for lunch was the perfect end to a wonderful experience, with an amazing and authentic lunch. Thank you Yiota for an amazing day. You are a hidden gem in Naxos and I am so glad we chose to spend the day with Naxos Trekking!!

1  Thank toddlacy1
naxos t, Διευθυντής at Naxos Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

I really appreciate your good words.
Thank you for hiking with us and we shared this experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

While spending several weeks on the lovely island of Naxos I took the opportunity to book two hikes with Naxos Trekking. The first hike was the Halki-Moni loop trail which winds through the Naxian countryside between two quaint villages. While the experience of traversing through the olive groves, among oleander and jasmine, past ancient Byzantine churches would have been rewarding on it's own, Yiota, my guide, shared with me her knowledge and insights on the history, culture and nature of Naxos: and this made the experience one of the best during my stay. The following week I went with Yiota on the trail to the summit of Mt. Zas and enjoyed it just as much. The 360 degree views from the highest point in the Cycladic islands were stunning. Again, I was very impressed with the information and insights provided by Yiota throughout our trek.
I would definitely recommend the guided tours provided by Naxos Trekking to anyone looking for an authentic Naxian experience. (If you plan on hiking, you should allocate the space in your luggage for hiking shoes - it is worth it).

1  Thank Laura G
naxos t, Διευθυντής at Naxos Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

I had such a great time we you and I am glad that you really enjoyed the hikes.
Looking forward in a future hike together.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We appreciated the hike very much. It was astonishing views and really interesting history that the guide knew and told us about. Well worth a 5 star rate!

1  Thank Anton P
naxos t, Διευθυντής at Naxos Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for your good words.
We appreciate it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2018

In Greece, the locals refer to the popular, crowded places as “touristic.” While we are clearly tourists, we like finding the less populated areas/tucked away gems and found that we need to make friends with the locals to do that. Yiota of Naxos Trekking was the friend we made while in Naxos, and she took us on an unbelievable, private, 4-hour, 10K+ tour of the Naxian countryside that we definitely could not down without a guide like Yiota, and we highly, highly recommend.

She picked us up at our hotel and we drove to one of the highest parts of Naxos—aperanthos—to begin our 4-hour journey down ancient footpaths which were 1000+ years old. It was fascinating to watch the landscape change over and over again during our hike, and we were thankful to have Yiota’s directional knowledge, but she was also able to share local history with us as we traversed the countryside. Once we finished the loop, we spent a little time in the marble village of Aperanthos, where we also stopped for coffee.

Our private tour also provided snacks and hydration for along the trip, but the best perk of choosing the private-tour option is the post-hike meal at Caliope—a true farm-to-table restaurant on a secondary road in between Aperanthos and Naxos Town. With this meal, I felt like our late friend, Anthony Bourdain, as we truly ate like a local in a restaurant we would not have found without our friend Yiota. We at horataki salad, beetroot salad, tzaziki, vegetables simmered in tomato sauce, and a lamb dish accompanied by the farm’s wine—and all of our meal’s ultra-fresh ingredients came from the small family farm surrounding our table. The company, the setting, the meal, the wine… like your favorite episode of Parts Unknown: it was a unique and enriching part of the incredible human experience.

When in Naxos, take the path less traveled with Yiota. It will make all the difference.

1  Thank Meredith A
naxos t, Manager at Naxos Trekking, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

It was a great pleasure sharing one my favourite hiking routes with you.
Your appreciation makes us happier and stronger to continue exploring new paths in the island.

Thank you.