All reviews red lobster front desk the breakfast area yogurt walking distance room was spacious choice hotels sofa bed nice property first morning jefferson ave hot items a great place to stay visiting family convenient location indoor pool waffle maker
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has done some major upgrades to their rooms, overall appearance and breakfast service. Close to the airport, shopping, interstate, and restaurants. Quiet, the beds are so comfortable. Rooms are large with refrigerator,microwave and all amenties one needs. Has pool, small workout room and computer room. Make sure to ask for military senior or AAA discount.

1  Thank pageant4u2
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My family spent one night at this property during a visit to Yorktown & Jamestown, and we had a pretty good experience. The location is very convenient for those visiting the Historic Triangle, and there are plenty of dining options in the area. The property is modern, and the rooms are spacious and well furnished.

I noticed a few housekeeping oversights (a couple stray hairs in the tub and some trash under the sofa). The TV in the room was the smallest I've seen in a hotel room in a decade. For a true budget hotel, I wouldn't mention that, but a property of this caliber should have something a little larger. In addition, one of the side doors was left unlocked all night because the card reader had been ripped off the wall.

The breakfast was fairly typical for Choice hotels in this price range.

I would return here if I find myself in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I posted earlier, informing others not to pay with their debit card, as ours was compromised immediately after checking into this hotel. The hotel manager, Mr. Artis, did not contact me until eight days after the incident and actually LIED on his reply to my review. He said that I had spoken with him regarding the issue and he did not! I actually spoke to him today, for the first time, and his main concern was the review I had typed. He apologized for lying and saying that we spoke and he said he was confused because the EXACT same incident had happened that day to another guest at the hotel...yet the staff is not being investigated (he did say that their software had been checked and passwords had been changed). Please do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank ES100300
tbone337, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Again, I have apologized several times for your inconvenience. It is apparent that my sincere apologies and my willingness to inform you that this incident has been seized... is not good enough. Even though you indicated your bank has issued you a full credit and I informed you that this incident was not "intentional" and truly wanted to help resolve this matter to make it right with us; you wish to continue to discredit our integrity and good reputation over an incident that occurred only on that evening...

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite hotel when I go to Newport News with my family. The rooms are big and this time we got a room with a king bed for us and the sofa bed for the kids which is our favorite bed combo. They have a big indoor pool - maybe smells a little too much of chlorine but pretty good overall for an hotel pool. The breakfast is fresh with a lot of options (fruit, eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurts -even chobani - boiled eggs cereals. The hotel is walking distance from a few chain restaurants (for example red lobster) and close to many other restaurants on Jefferson ave. The front desk was very courteous.

1  Thank Silvia1942
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Not long after checking into this hotel last evening, I received a message from my bank sharing that fraudulent charges had been posted to my account. After calling my bank, they informed me that $3,500 in charges were made only three minutes after giving the hotel check-in clerk my debit card. My bank shared that someone at the hotel could have stolen my card information or their computer system was hacked. When I approached the front desk employee, after receiving this information, she refused to give me her name and there was not a manager on duty to report the incident to (I then called their corporate office). Until this incident, I was unaware of how common these incidents are! To anyone reading this, do not use your debit card to check into this hotel!

5  Thank nire1996nire
tbone337, General Manager at Comfort Suites Newport News Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

On behalf of the Comfort Suites Brand and the management staff we truly apologize for the incident that took place upon your arrival. As you and I, Lee Artis (General Manager) spoke, I informed you that we were investigating this matter and believe it is resolved. This is a rare occurrence that took place only on that day.
We work hard to provide the upmost security and professional services to all of our valuable guests. We value you as a patron and again apologize your card was compromised. Please give us another chance on your next visit to make it right.

Thank you!