Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/09
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$123
eDreamsUS$123
Priceline
All reviews the main street la calzada people watching breakfast was delicious balcony noise cathedral mombacho
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2020

We spent 4 nights at the Hotel Dario over Christmas. The accommodations and the staff were lovely! It really is a charming, historic hotel with an excellent breakfast included. My only recommendation is to request a room by the pool. We spent our first night in a room with a balcony which overlooks the main street. The music on the street didn't stop until 5 am. The staff kindly moved us to a different room by the pool the following day and we had no problems at all with noise for the rest of the stay. We would definitely stay here again and definitely hope to be back!

Room tip: Request a room by the pool.
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 11 December 2019

I loved the building and the decorations of the hotel. It’s very well kept and clean. I felt like I got my money’s worth throughout my stay. The staff was kind and attentive. The breakfast was delicious and huge!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 28 November 2019

The hotel, a beautiful colonial-style structure, is in the centre of things. Breakfasts are good and included and the staff is just wonderful. The street it's on, Calle la Calzada, brims with pubs and restaurants at night. The Catedral Granada and Centro Cultural Museos Convento San Francisco - which is awesome, great place to spend a couple of hours - are a couple blocks away, as are the wonderful Cafe de Arte, Pita Pita and Garden Café where money raised in the gift shop goes to educate and empower girls.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 29 July 2019

The person I was traveling with had stayed at this hotel before so when we arrived in Granada we went there looking for a room. We had no reservations, but the amazing front desk got us checked in very quickly. The room was great. Mine had a balcony overlooking the main street. It was a great place for people watching. Everything in the room was up to date, and in perfect order. Breakfast was great, and Ramon Rodriguez spoiled me by taking such good care of me. He is truly an asset to this establishment. The young lady and gentleman at the check in were also very very nice. Unfortunately I was tired from traveling, and I didn't get their names. I checked in on the afternoon of July 23rd, 2019. I would like to thank everyone at the hotel for their kindness and hospitality.

PS. If you are opposed to noise then choose a room away from the main street. I purposely chose one on the main street as I love feeling the aura of the city. But naturally as there are bars and restaurants right outside your balcony you are going to hear the noise from the street at night.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2019

Lunch was included in our Cruise Excursion and we've learned that that could mean a ham sandwich, apple and juice box, but in this case fortunately we were guided through town to the Hotel Dario, an old Colonial house renovated and converted to a charming hotel. The buffet lunch was excellent; potato salad, rice and beans, shredded chicken, beef, fish, plantain and plantain chips, drinks and dessert. The fish was especially delicious. The service was excellent, efficient handling of a large boisterous group, the setting is historic and the overall experience was very enjoyable.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple