Lowest prices for your stay
US$123
Free cancellation until 21/10/09
Hotels.comUS$123
Booking.comUS$123
PricelineUS$123
All reviews the main street la calzada people watching breakfast was delicious balcony noise cathedral mombacho
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2019

Lunch was included in our Cruise Excursion and we've learned that that could mean a ham sandwich, apple and juice box, but in this case fortunately we were guided through town to the Hotel Dario, an old Colonial house renovated and converted to a charming hotel. The buffet lunch was excellent; potato salad, rice and beans, shredded chicken, beef, fish, plantain and plantain chips, drinks and dessert. The fish was especially delicious. The service was excellent, efficient handling of a large boisterous group, the setting is historic and the overall experience was very enjoyable.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2019 via mobile

I stopped at the hotel for lunch with my daughter. I had the grilled snapper. She had the grilled chicken. Both were served with rice and beans, fried and grilled plaintains, and potato salad. I been eating my way through Costa Rica and Nicaragua. This was the best authentic meal ive had in five days. The chef if on point. If you make it to Granada - stop in you wont regret it. I was travelling with my super picky daughter and she ate everything except the egg custard. Superb! I definitely need to come back and visit Nicaragua.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

Just the really best hotel in town. Director Samuel organised everything to satisfaction and Don Ramon takes care for you all day long in the restaurant! Jahaira is the sunshine at the reception and Roger the top security.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gerhard K
Reviewed 24 October 2018

With the few tourists around, not sure we aren’t the only couple here. The staff has gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcomed. We’ve been here’s when it has been booked solid and have always had great service and people goi g out of their way to make our stay pleasant. Including a year the front end dropped out of the car and they helped us get it towed and repaired.

Room tip: Choose a balcony to o serve the night life or back over gardens for peace and quiet.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2018

As a member of a tour group visiting six countries in Central America I didn’t know quite what to expect in Nicaragua. I was pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the countryside, the history of the country and the friendliness of the people. Nicaragua is my favourite Central American country.

The entrance to the Dario Hotel is not very exciting. It looks like the front door of someone’s house but once inside you realise that your are entering a character property. Built in the early 19th century it has been refurbished and features lush plant filled courtyards. The hotel has 22 bedrooms and its facilities include a restaurant, gym, coffee shop and swimming pool.

I had two meals in the restaurant and both were excellent. The breakfasts were good too. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

The location of the hotel, Calle La Calzada, is excellent. It is within walking distance of the cathedral. The area is full of reasonably priced bars and restaurants, some with live entertainment. Calzada is the place to be in the evenings.

Date of stay: April 2018