“Enjoyed the seafood”
Review of Sirloin House

Sirloin House
Ranked #9 of 65 Restaurants in Martinsville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was in town for a night for work and wasn’t familiar with the area. I was staying at the Baymont hotel and this restaurant was just up the street. I had read a review about the seafood being good, so I tried the oysters, popcorn shrimp, and flounder. It was very good, along with the seafood you could choose a bread and two sides. It was way more food than I could eat and I was amazed at the price being $13.97! That was including a drink! The seafood was very fresh and the breading on it was just right (very light batter) There are not many places you can get great seafood for that kind of price. I was definitely satisfied with my visit. Plus the waiter was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Many local groups meet here regularly including our church prayer group. The staff is great, the breakfast bar is kept clean and stocked.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I got the 4 item seafood plate, oysters shrimp, flounder, deviled crab. It was excellent. My wife got the grilled shrimp it was good. Came with salad n two sides. I got French fries n hush puppies . I have a good appetite n it was all I could eat. Their bkfst bar is very good also. Can be a good crowd. Recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

The worst service ever. I will never go back again. If they had people that care about their job, and the problem would be fix. It always start with Leadership, if the Manager is weak it makes the them weak. The people that works

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This was the first visit to the Sirloin House for us. At the recommendation of others, we came on a Sunday to take advantage of the breakfast bar.

What we discovered was a bar filled with eggs, sausage, fried apples, bacon, fried bologna, fat back, corn beef hash, biscuits, and other breakfast delights. There was quite a crowd while we were there, but that wasn't surprising since the breakfast bar is priced at $6.99.

The first thing we noticed was the unhappy hostess that was rolling her eyes and huffing each and every time she helped someone. While she seemed quite young, the hostess clearly wasn't 'into' her job. After being seated, I advised the other members of our party to go ahead and grab their plates at the bar while I waited to order drinks. The waitress that FINALLY came by our table seemed hagard, pissed off, and didn't seem to move with the speed that one typically expects from a waitress.

After sampling several items, I found the food a bit disappointing. The bacon was extremely undercooked (the fat still super fresh), the sausage so chewy you couldn't eat it, the fried potatoes still partially 'hard' in the center, and the biscuits so hard that the only edible part was the center. Taking it in stride, we thought 'maybe' these were items that were moved to the seletion when the cooks come and trade out items and freshen up the bar. On this trip to the bar, two cooks came out of the kitchen and pushed me to the side without so much as an excuse me or anything. EXTREMELY rude! After waiting for items to be replinished...we tried a couple of things again...only to discover the same 'cooking issues' as before.

While waiting for our drinks to be refilled (cause lord knows they can't be filled when you are filling the tables around us), we had the distint 'pleasure' of listening to the waitress chastize and make statements very loudly that the table beside of ours didn't order what they said they did...and she wrote it down correctly. Clearly they were changing their order she loudly exclaims. I can honestly say I have never seen a waitress act so ridiculous to a customer over 2 eggs and if the person ordered them lightly scrambled or scrambled.

Where in the world has good customer service gone???? Is it standard practice to hire individuals to the hosting position who clearly hate their job? Is it common place to expect individuals in the service industry to roll their eyes? Do waitresses commonly attack elderly customers over the cooking of 2 eggs?? Clearly that is what you can expect when dining in this local establishmet.