“Fantastic lunch in this wonderful British tea room”

The Ploughcroft Tea Room
Ranked #9 of 307 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Lynchburg, VA, this exceptional, authentic British tea room offers both lunch and afternoon tea. Open from Monday - Saturday from 11 AM - 5 PM. Now open on Sunday's for Brunch from 11 AM - 2 PM. Reservations highly recommended
Reviewed 27 February 2021

This is the most wonderful tea room with an owner from England. Our town is so lucky to have this place. It actually helped seal the deal for me wanting to move here as I love a proper tea room and think every good town should have one. Food is delicious, such a great lunch. Had my birthday lunch here and enjoyed a wonderful Christmas tea with my daughters as well. Our neighborhood tea was held here too, so much fun. Can't wait to go back. I told my husband I am craving the curry chicken salad and he loved the Shepard's pie as he is all about meat and potatoes which they do well. The tea service and choices are phenomenal.

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (149)

Reviewed 1 August 2020 via mobile

Visited here during Tea time and ordered the Victorian Tea with Darjeeling. There was 1 person managing the room and she was quite busy but very nice. The presentations was 3 tiers...2 scones on top with butter and jam, petit desserts in the middle and open faced petit sandwiches on the bottom. All was quite tasty. My biggest complain was the price. Before we arrived, I looked at the website and it showed the price as $27. However, once inside, the menu showed it as $35. With that big of a jump they really need to update the website.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank southernhiker
Reviewed 10 November 2019 via mobile

Wonderful place to take a groups of little girls dressed like princesses to a tea party! 5 star service, lots of tea options for the kids! Just a great birthday idea.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Dkmarple
Reviewed 10 October 2019

Pat and her staff were brilliant! I co-hosted a bridal shower there in September. It was amazing! Food, service, and atmosphere were nothing less than top notch! Bride to be was overwhelmed by the whole event. Thank you Pat!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

A friend and I regularly meet at this spot for fellowship and conversation. Always so fun. We usually get a pot of tea and crumpets.

Date of visit: September 2019