“Good, Sometimes Great, Food and Good, Sometimes Great, Service”

Leesburg Public House
Ranked #6 of 247 Restaurants in Leesburg
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I am a local, so this review is based on multiple trips over several years. The last time I ate there was 2/2/18. While some menu items are better than other items (a subjective call), service has never been poor, in some cases it has been really Great. Portions are generous. Family friendly, particularly on Saturday's when there are a lot of kids in sports uniforms at lunch time. Easy parking. Bottom line is that I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Oh my gosh, this is now my favorite restaurant to have lunch with the girls at. My favorite is the hamburger with the brown sugar bacon and pimento cheese (their pimento cheese is scrumptious). Their burgers are fresh, have been cooked to perfection and are so large, you can split one with a friend. Love their appetizers too; very unique!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I love the lacquered salmon, first from this chef at Magnolia's in Purcellville and now at his own place in Leesburg. Melt in your mouth salmon, the best delight for me.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

We were in the area for a lax tournament and were looking for a fun and unique place to go for dinner with some of the other families. The restaurant couldn't seat our large party all together at one table, but they did put us in back-to-back booths which worked out well. The service was excellent from the time we called ahead for seating to our engaging and helpful server.

The kids and adults were happy with all beverages and (most of) the food. I had the Baja shrimp tacos and my husband had the short ribs - both excellent. We shared the crab dip - also really good. Our friend was not happy with his Alfredo chicken pasta - he said that he wouldn't order it again. Our other friend ordered the ribeye and loved it. The French fries were really good, too.

We ordered an eclectic mix of IPAs, ciders, stouts, and Belgian-style beers. Our one friend ordered a "flight" of IPAs - 4, 4-oz. pours, which was fun.

Overall, it kept both adults and young-to-tween kids happy (and was not a chain!) - we would definitely go back.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Had to wait for a table but the bar staff kept us happy.
TVs at the bar so time went fast
Got a table and the server (James) was great in every way.
It was my first time at this location so very helpful suggestion for the best items on the menu
I got fish and chips and I was pleasantly surprised.
Most others (repeat customers) ordered burgers and all special request for their burgers came out correct.
Definitely will be a place that I will keep in mind when I want a fun and stress free evening.