“Beautiful Venue, decent wine”
Review of Stone Tower Winery

Stone Tower Winery
Ranked #14 of 232 Restaurants in Leesburg
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

Went to this winery with a group of friends and we were amazed at the beauty of this site, even on a wet and gray day! Glad we found the "Adults Only" tasting section. The first building we walked into was jam packed with families with children and dogs? The Adults Only tasting building was much nicer with wonderful lounging areas and beautiful views. Make sure you call ahead if you had more than 6 people tasting in your party though. We had 7 and the host made a little bit of a stink about finding a spot for us to taste, but he found us a place together eventually. The wine was good, but nothing we wanted to spend our money on sipping and enjoying on the patio or by the fireplaces. Also, since this winery is so new, they have not been able to make more than one of their own Estate wines. Hopefully with time their wines will improve. I'd be curious to visit this one years down the road. Definitely a beautiful and large venue!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Beautiful, beautiful venue.

Stone Tower Winery was absolutely packed when I was there Saturday afternoon. So they must be doing something right.

STW offers the Classic tasting (4 wines - $10) and the Reserve tasting (6 wines - $15). We chose to do the Reserve tasting. The reds seemed to have deep full flavors, and I found myself enjoying them even though I am usually a white drinker. If I had to pick a favorite, I would have to say it was the Sauvingnon Blanc. Nothing was so amazing that I HAD to buy a bottle though.

We also purchased some goat brie, prosciutto, and crostini to enjoy. Finding seating was a bit precarious as this place was a zoo. But we enjoyed a leisurely snack once a few free seats were located upstairs.

My biggest piece of advice would be to dress warmly on chilly days. The tasting room has large garage style doors which offer great views, but allow the wind/cold in with them. A few heaters were set up, but I had dressed to be inside and would have benefited greatly from an additional layer.

1  Thank OliviaJ91
Reviewed 29 September 2015

Stone Tower offers some great varietals. i know they aren't making wine with grapes exclusive to their property, just yet, but this place has it going on. great venue, gorgeous location and views as well.

wines were well rounded.

be very, very, careful on that dirt road. its windy!

Reviewed 28 September 2015

We passed a hand-painted sign off Rt 15 on our way to Willowcroft Farm Vineyards (also very good) and didn't think much of it. The Willowcroft pourer said it had a nice patio and was worth checking. "Nice patio"? This place was huge! Several buildings, upstairs and downstairs, inside and outside. Great views. We thought we in Napa (as others have said) or Ikea anyway from the furniture. Margaret was great as our pourer. Wine was pretty good (they use a lot of California grapes). As others have said, expensive for tasting -- $15 for 6, $10 for 4, but definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Very enjoyable labor day spent with wine, women (okay two other men) and song at Stone Tower. Wine was good, weather was terrific - we brought our own food and enjoyed the guitar music and scenery.