Reviews (1 168)
1 168 results
All reviews gale beach shuttle bus piano bar old town rabbit beach pool area free minibus lovely hotel four star hotel sea view relaxing holiday out of the way plenty of sunbeds home from home local beach nearest beach albufeira town
75 - 80 of 1 168 reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2017

After recently returning from our first stay at this hotel, I can definitely say we will be back!

The hotel is lovely, our upgraded pool view room was clean and comfortable, and I have never slept as well on holiday as I did on the beds here!

The pool area and bar are immaculate, and well staffed, with a lovely relaxed and friendly atmosphere..

Breakfast choice was plentiful, and well organised.

The staff, all of them, worked hard to make our stay pleasant. Everyone had a smile or greeting for us!

Any issues we had were dealt with swiftly and professionally, and without fuss.

Although the hotel is quite remote the hotel shuttle bus which we used to both the Old Town and to Gale was punctual and very convenient. Less than ten minutes to both.

Many thanks in particular to Silvado, Hugo, and especially Gill who went above and beyond to help us and we cannot thank them enough. Also my complimentary bottle of bubbly on my birthday was a lovely personal touch.

All in all we had a great holiday, and can’t wait to come back!

Tip: room 242 is right next to the Piano bar area and can be a little noisy at night, especially if you are early to bed.

4  Thank KarenC1968
Daniela E, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Baia Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear RebelKC,

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us.
Our staff is pleased with your comments and they are waiting for your visit.
It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Baía Grande.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We have stayed here many many times but not too sure if we will again, the price went up by 45.45% this year and the room we were allocated was no different to all our previous stays. Most of the staff are very nice but I wasn't too keen on the new front of house manager at all! I wish I could write my normal great review but sadly this time I'm unable to do that! The carpet in our room was grubby I had to put the towels in the bath to get clean ones the bed wasn't changed during our 9 night stay and the housekeeping in our room was pretty nonexistent. So sad about this poor review.

4  Thank lynwWorsley

Dear lynwWorsley,

We really have a new Front Office Manager, Gil, whom customers usually like quite a bit. I'm sure that was something that did not went very well, next time it will go better!
We would like to inform you that our rates have not increased 45%, it all depends on the time you make your reservation and our availability for the dates of your stay.
I also inform that we have last year renewed some rooms and this winter we will renew a few more, so I advise you to make your reservation for the new rooms Deluxe, you will see that you will like it!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Room tip: Wee had a lovely view overlooking the pool & sea. Just a pity the room was not cleaned all week. Toilets where in poor repair with sealant grubby looking.
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Daniela E, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Baia Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Throughly recommend this hotel, very comfortable brilliant breakfast, lovely swimming pool. Staff need to relax a bit. Nicely situated and they run courtesy bus into Albufeira, will give it a star rating of 8 out of 10.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Gerald B,

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us.

Your comments are very important for us to do even better.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Grande.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Have visited the Baia Grande over many years and love it. The hotel staff are fantastic and friendly. It's the perfect place to relax and unwind with a super pool and bar. The rooms are lovely & beds are so comfortable! It's close to some really beautiful beaches and a short drive into the old town of Albuferia.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Helen0968,

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us.

Your comments are very important for us to do even better.

It will be a great pleasure to welcome you again at Hotel Baia Grande.